Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 175
  1. #91
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Georgetown/Section 224
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TICKETS GONE Pending transaction. Thanks for the PMs - I’ll follow up if situation changes.

    Not able to travel for the game but I could at help myself from trying to get tickets, if not only to say I got tickets to all of tfc’s cup finals. I ended up getting two - section 301, row Y, seats 19-20 - that I’m willing to pass on at cost ($55US each) hey, I figured some true fan would be in need. PM me if interested.
    Last edited by Blkndkr; 11-01-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    Road Games: ‘16 - PHL, MTL, MTL (ECF); ‘17 - CLB, ORL, NYC, DCU, CHI, MTL;
    ‘18 - MTL, NER, OTT, ATL, MTL; ‘19 - MTL


  2. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blkndkr View Post
    Not able to travel for the game but I could at help myself from trying to get tickets, if not only to say I got tickets to all of tfc’s cup finals. I ended up getting two - section 301, row Y, seats 19-20 - that I’m willing to pass on at cost ($55US each) hey, I figured some true fan would be in need. PM me if interested.
    sent you a PM!

  3. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tickets in section 301 are going on StubHub for $322.00 USD (the lowest in that section). That's $423 CDN. Ouch.

  4. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I bought a couple on Stubhub. It was VERY expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrezinho View Post
    ive been refreshing stubhub. Cheapest i saw was 150 USD before the 1pm general sale. Now im seeing 250USD plus....
    ridiculous we were able to get
    Total cost to 1650 Canadian

  5. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just got one ticket.

    I panicked and only bought 1 for fear of being kicked out again.

    Keep trying folks.

    See you in Seattle.

  6. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did you get your ticket on SeatGeeks?


    Quote Originally Posted by huninho View Post
    Just got one ticket.

    I panicked and only bought 1 for fear of being kicked out again.

    Keep trying folks.

    See you in Seattle.

  7. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes $55 USD
    Quote Originally Posted by sqamar View Post
    Did you get your ticket on SeatGeeks?

  8. #98
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    249
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just looked again there are 2 sets of tickets available in section 300

  9. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    theres about 100 tickets in our section on stub hub selling above 250$ USD .... such a shame ....

  10. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I bought a couple on Stubhub. It was VERY expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrezinho View Post
    ive been refreshing stubhub. Cheapest i saw was 150 USD before the 1pm general sale. Now im seeing 250USD plus....
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrezinho View Post
    theres about 100 tickets in our section on stub hub selling above 250$ USD .... such a shame ....
    sad part is , its tfc ssh doing this, as the code was unique to SSH only.

  11. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    sad part is , its tfc ssh doing this, as the code was unique to SSH only.
    Exactly. Just doesnt sit right with me. Say you're a SSH and are able to get 4 or 6 tickets knowing you cant go, then pricing out your own fans who want to go... its a darn shame

  12. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I bought a couple on Stubhub. It was VERY expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrezinho View Post
    ive been refreshing stubhub. Cheapest i saw was 150 USD before the 1pm general sale. Now im seeing 250USD plus....
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrezinho View Post
    theres about 100 tickets in our section on stub hub selling above 250$ USD .... such a shame ....
    I realized I should have bought the max amount and sold the other 4 at cost

    My bad

  13. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nordrhein-Westfalen, GER
    Posts
    1,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sqamar View Post
    Did you get your ticket on SeatGeeks?
    Welcome to the forum—great choice in avatar, btw. o.0

  14. #104
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,885
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    sad part is , its tfc ssh doing this, as the code was unique to SSH only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrezinho View Post
    Exactly. Just doesnt sit right with me. Say you're a SSH and are able to get 4 or 6 tickets knowing you cant go, then pricing out your own fans who want to go... its a darn shame
    Unfortunately there are lots of scalper season ticket holders. Plus the others that couldn't go to this game, but decided to make a buck off of it.

  15. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well that's bullshit. I just saw this link now in my inbox. When I click the link. I just get some error
    Spent over 10k on tickets for next season. And can't even get a pair.

  16. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I bought a couple on Stubhub. It was VERY expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrezinho View Post
    ive been refreshing stubhub. Cheapest i saw was 150 USD before the 1pm general sale. Now im seeing 250USD plus....
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrezinho View Post
    theres about 100 tickets in our section on stub hub selling above 250$ USD .... such a shame ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Unfortunately there are lots of scalper season ticket holders. Plus the others that couldn't go to this game, but decided to make a buck off of it.

    I always assumed there were scalpers, I sit dead center in east end lower row, no one ever sits besides me, I assumed they were scalper tickets, although the view is awesome, I enjoyed the cheaper seats as everyone around me would be ssh who would watch every game.

    Fuck the scalper game

  17. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I gotta say, I have never seen anything like this.

    As I write this, there are only maybe 3 sets of seats in sections 300-303 on stubhub, and they are all listed at USD$500+ on stubhub - with fees that is closer to $650, or CAD $900. Per. Seat. This is for seats that are like watching a game at BMO from the CN Tower (OK, without hyperbole, they are quite a bit further away than than the top row at Skydome is from the field)

    You can find other nosebleeds for USD $300 plus fees per seat, but there are just surprisingly few listings. The Super Bowl would have 5x this number of listings (and much higher prices - that's a different game. But it is a corporate/scalper event.)

    You want to sit in the lower bowl between the touch lines? That'll be $1200 US each plus fees. Again, very few listings.

    So this is not scalpers driving prices. This is real demand being way in excess of supply. 99% of people who have seats won't sell them even for 10x what they paid.

    I think the nosebleeds for the NBA finals in Toronto were around CAD$800-1000 all in... and the capacity for this event is 4x what the NBA does.

    Wild.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-03-2019 at 02:52 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  18. #108
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,878
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would not be surprised if the Sounders were voiding tickets at times that were popping on Stubhub etc, especially if they were in the away sections, 300-303. I was quite surprised just two hours ago a pair popped up available through the TFC supporters link provided on Seat Geek.

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I gotta say, I have never seen anything like this.

    As I write this, there are only maybe 3 sets of seats in sections 300-303 on stubhub, and they are all listed at USD$500+ on stubhub - with fees that is closer to $650, or CAD $900. Per. Seat. This is for seats that are like watching a game at BMO from the CN Tower (OK, without hyperbole, they are quite a bit further away than than the top row at Skydome is from the field)

    You can find other nosebleeds for USD $300 plus fees per seat, but there are just surprisingly few listings. The Super Bowl would have 5x this number of listings (and much higher prices - that's a different game. But it is a corporate/scalper event.)

    You want to sit in the lower bowl between the touch lines? That'll be $1200 US each plus fees. Again, very few listings.

    So this is not scalpers driving prices. This is real demand being way in excess of supply. 99% of people who have seats won't sell them even for 10x what they paid.

    I think the nosebleeds for the NBA finals in Toronto were around CAD$800-1000 all in... and the capacity for this event is 4x what the NBA does.

    Wild.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 11-03-2019 at 03:53 AM.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  19. #109
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,878
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Demand for MLS Cup tickets here in Toronto in 2016-17 was extremely strong too. The secondary market was quite marked up too. Now there were about 6,000 more seats in 2016 compared to 2017 so the second year had bigger demand once the match was sold out. Scalper driven pricing is really quite a different beast compared to when their is true demand created by real scarcity.

    I would not be surprised if the Sounders were voiding tickets that were popping on Stubhub etc, especially they were in the away sections, 300-303. I was quite surprised just two hours ago a pair popped up available through the TFC supporters link provided on Seat Geek. That pair had to come from somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I gotta say, I have never seen anything like this.

    As I write this, there are only maybe 3 sets of seats in sections 300-303 on stubhub, and they are all listed at USD$500+ on stubhub - with fees that is closer to $650, or CAD $900. Per. Seat. This is for seats that are like watching a game at BMO from the CN Tower (OK, without hyperbole, they are quite a bit further away than than the top row at Skydome is from the field)

    You can find other nosebleeds for USD $300 plus fees per seat, but there are just surprisingly few listings. The Super Bowl would have 5x this number of listings (and much higher prices - that's a different game. But it is a corporate/scalper event.)

    You want to sit in the lower bowl between the touch lines? That'll be $1200 US each plus fees. Again, very few listings.

    So this is not scalpers driving prices. This is real demand being way in excess of supply. 99% of people who have seats won't sell them even for 10x what they paid.

    I think the nosebleeds for the NBA finals in Toronto were around CAD$800-1000 all in... and the capacity for this event is 4x what the NBA does.

    Wild.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  20. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It’s not the same. You could get decent lower bowl seats, comparable seats to those going for $1200 in Seattle, at both Toronto MLS Cups, in a stadium half the size (even smaller the second time) for $300-400 list. (Prices USD pre fees).
    Last edited by ensco; 11-03-2019 at 05:16 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  21. #111
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,388
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It’s not the same. You could get decent lower bowl seats, comparable seats to those going for $1200 in Seattle, at both Toronto MLS Cups, in a stadium half the size (even smaller the second time) for $300-400 list. (Prices USD pre fees).
    So many factors go into this:

    • The Sounders diaspora is quite large - probably the largest in the league.
    • EVERYBODY who has ever been to a Sounder game is going to want to be at that home cup final
    • They get huge crowds for every game to begin with
    • First cup final in the PNW with a home team
    • There is a large segment of the population of North America that wants an excuse to visit Seattle
    • Pent up "Its our turn now" demand from watching from afar recently
    • The quick nature of this format


    So, yeah, this game was always going to be a scalper's paradise.

  22. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have one ticket to sell TFC section 303 GG seat # 20 supporters price $55 USD.
    PM me if interested.

  23. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Flight booked, Air BNB booked, just looking for 2 tickets in the TFC section if anyone is selling.... Thanks!

  24. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    SAUGA
    Posts
    257
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    I have one ticket to sell TFC section 303 GG seat # 20 supporters price $55 USD.
    PM me if interested.
    PM'd you Manny!

  25. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This SSH scalper situation is sad indeed. I'm also looking for 2 seats, if anyone has them. Please PM me. Had a blast with you guys in Citi field.

    /Long time lurker

  26. #116
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,885
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Regarding ticket demand and other factors in Seattle: has anybody been following the situation there, with the league controlling tickets, keeping many for themselves (& sponsors & similar situations), bumping regular / local season ticket holders etc? We had the same thing at BMO Field for the cup games. In the extra-large Seattle stadium, I wonder if the league is going overboard with the amount of tickets they keep, therefore helping to constrain supply. (Although I guess that all should have been similar last year, in the large Atlanta stadium.)

    Thinking of the situation with comp'd tickets at other major events, that might also lead to large swaths of seats with poor attendance, poor atmosphere etc. And I know the Sounders are trying to control re-sales, but probably the league would not want them to stop a sponsor or similar "VIP" from scalping their seats.

  27. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    These guys have a draconian bag policy, tougher than BMO. Seems like only large zip lock bags or variations allowed. Heads up....
    http://www.centurylinkfield.com/stad...-7f1cea29-0ba2
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  28. #118
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    269
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Regarding ticket demand and other factors in Seattle: has anybody been following the situation there, with the league controlling tickets, keeping many for themselves (& sponsors & similar situations), bumping regular / local season ticket holders etc? We had the same thing at BMO Field for the cup games. In the extra-large Seattle stadium, I wonder if the league is going overboard with the amount of tickets they keep, therefore helping to constrain supply. (Although I guess that all should have been similar last year, in the large Atlanta stadium.)

    Thinking of the situation with comp'd tickets at other major events, that might also lead to large swaths of seats with poor attendance, poor atmosphere etc. And I know the Sounders are trying to control re-sales, but probably the league would not want them to stop a sponsor or similar "VIP" from scalping their seats.
    Nice post Auzzy and sorry this is long....

    Yes, it is a difficult balance, what the the MLS in general and TFC in particular have is an awesome live game environment. Thanks in part to the great team but mostly because of the general fanbase, the SSH and the South End in particular. As a former, long time ago SSH for the Leafs (still a fan), I got tired of the "suits" and I am one of them. Sports should be passion and for the most part put a quality product on the field and you succeed but it is equally important in the stands. I get the reality of corporate sponsorship and TV contracts but being there live and "experiencing" it with friends is unparalleled.

    I have no fear taking anyone to a game that they will have a great time, starts with a drink at Joe's and the walk to the stadium and then watching the SouthEnd crank it up. MLS needs to be careful that they don't water down the product and that includes the supporters clubs (don't know the full Chicago situation but at face value looks misguided)

    Not letting supporters attend a game like this for corp benefits wins short term but will only byte the league in the long run if they lose their dedicated fans. We easily could have supported another 1,000 traveling fans. So we need MLS to continue to watch the ticket resale. SSH selling $55 seats for $300 or more is equally bad but unfortunately a reality unless we continue to speak up and be vocal.

    Looking forward to Seattle!!

    To the travelling organizers of the RPBs, kudos to you and let's all grab beers and celebrate TFC, Let Seattle see and hear us because "They Will See Red".

    Thanks Chris and team.

  29. #119
    RPB Member Banners/Membership Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    These guys have a draconian bag policy, tougher than BMO. Seems like only large zip lock bags or variations allowed. Heads up....
    http://www.centurylinkfield.com/stad...-7f1cea29-0ba2
    Standard NFL policy I believe, would have been the same for our people in Atlanta as well last week.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

  30. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry guys ticket has been taken thanks all

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •