Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This season has surpassed my expectations

Fuck Seattle or whoever else stands in our way in 2020. Way I see it we are MLS Cup favourites for next year (or at least one of them)

Fucking good team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my thoughts on the game and where we go from here as a team.

The actual match was just 2016 and 2017 all over again. I don't know why I thought coming in that Seattle would try to control the game more at home. They're the most tactically simple, unwavering team, but they do one thing very well and that's defend until they get a break. In 2016 they defended heroically and got insanely lucky. In 2017 they defended pretty well, we didn't even give them the chance to get lucky, and in the end we had too much quality. This game was closer to 2016 in that we didn't have the quality to punish them. From the own goal on, we were playing their game. If that double deflection doesn't happen, the game is still a total toss up. It would be less annoying if they'd just scored a counter-attacking goal than getting a lucky break like that, but they had some dangerous moments beyond that where they could've got one too.

It just comes down to the fact that this team was always 1 or 2 players away from being complete. It finally bit us when we had to face a resolute defensive team. Pozuelo was truly doing it all himself today, and he had to. He's a hero for this playoff run and so is the whole team for frankly doing better than we probably should have.

We basically just have to get more quality up front. Just like after 2016 when we went and got Vazquez, we need to go out and get one more game changer that will put us over the top in games like this.

For me that's a DP winger and Benezet moves on. Benezet was horrible today, but he just seems like a hot and cold player. He shows flashes but he's a max budget charge player and flashes aren't good enough for that. You need a consistent performer if he's taking up that much of the salary cap. I would let him walk and sign a DP winger, a real game changer in his own right. That's gives us a 3 headed monster with Pozo and Jozy, which should be enough to score against any team.

I think the Jozy question of whether to keep him or not given how little he plays is a legitimate conversation to have but I personally think there is a 0% chance that management moves him after he just signed a new contract so I'm not gonna get into that.

Great season. I think we can go on a redemption tour next year a la 2017.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    It just comes down to the fact that this team was always 1 or 2 players away from being complete. It finally bit us when we had to face a resolute defensive team. Pozuelo was truly doing it all himself today, and he had to. He's a hero for this playoff run and so is the whole team for frankly doing better than we probably should have.

We basically just have to get more quality up front. Just like after 2016 when we went and got Vazquez, we need to go out and get one more game changer that will put us over the top in games like this.

For me that's a DP winger and Benezet moves on. Benezet was horrible today, but he just seems like a hot and cold player. He shows flashes but he's a max budget charge player and flashes aren't good enough for that. You need a consistent performer if he's taking up that much of the salary cap. I would let him walk and sign a DP winger, a real game changer in his own right. That's gives us a 3 headed monster with Pozo and Jozy, which should be enough to score against any team.

Great season. I think we can go on a redemption tour next year a la 2017.
    Pretty much my thoughts about the offseason coming up - esp Benezet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you would of told me at the start of the season that our main striker would have 11- 12 goals play 35 min total in the playoffs and we made it to the finals,i would say you are crazy.hats off to the team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a tough game, and I think we were the much better team for 65 minutes and then the deflection off Morrow killed us (the foul should have been called earlier on Seattle, but that’s the game). I would have rather seen DeLeon start than Endoh, who had a pretty bad game. Benezet was missing chances and messed up on the Rodriguez goal.

We definitely needed a killer up front, like Jozy, as there was no one in the box to make a huge threat. If we can get a stud DP striker when Bradley goes to TAM, I’d put us as favourites to win next year.

If you said in July that we’d be in the Finals, I wouldn’t have believed you. So let’s hold our heads up high and look ahead to next year. Let’s give the boys a warm cheer for a great year and an awesome run down the last stretch.

Also let’s hope MLSE and the Toronto FO get their thumbs out of their asses and promote this team like they deserve!

COYR!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disappointed but not as much as in 2016. In reality Seattle had better chances than we did even though we dominated possession. A question going into next season is how will Poz be used. I want him playing in the middle of the field behind the striker. If Vanney plays him as a winger in a 4 3 3 that would be a misuse of your most talented player. I don't understand why Vanney is so obsessed with a 4 3 3.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know if I speak for anyone else who was there, but as a member of the traveling support, that was painful. I am gutted.

It's tough to be sanguine when you have come all this way and your team delivers.

We were terrific, the better team for most of the game.

It is a cruel sport.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post Match Talk... Are the Sounders the luckiest Champion in all sports history....

TFC dominated 3 finals and won 1 it really speaks to the nature of MLS but after a game like this, it's an awful mark against the league they didn't score a single goal in 200 + min and need a fluke own goal or there losing that game in extra time. If you think a long the lines of what a garbage Championship is those two Seattle wins are up there in sports soccer is like no other sport in that regard. We couldn't break them down without Seba and Victor.. Can anyone talk me down because all I saw was an incredibly lucky team two times.... They should be 0-3 This garbage I can't believe it... I feel bad for Q and Deleon. The Sounders play the most shit tactics and are rewarded with Championships incredible how Toxic that fan base is. and team so undeserved.. Can anyone name another team that has been this lucky in Championship games because I can't think of a worst "champion" to win one in a Shootout with no shots on goal.. then today dominated what a great Sounders "bounce" because they really deserved that fuck I hate that stupid team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is football. We dominated possession, but showed nothing in the final 1/3. The only way teams usually win when they do that is through luck. TFC needs to look at its roster, which is looking good, and find someone with a killer instinct. This team can win next year with that player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don’t know if I speak for anyone else who was there, but as a member of the traveling support, that was painful. I am gutted.

It's tough to be sanguine when you have come all this way and your team delivers.

It is a cruel sport.
    Hey Ensco I'm struggling with this too can you comment on my post game thread... It feels really bad man they won twice bunkering for 200 + min on the back of an own goal are they the worst champions in the history of sports I think so a championship after not a single shot then winning off the backs of an own goal... Disgusting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^The Sounders fans are the best fans in MLS. They have treated everyone here wearing red with unceasing kindness and good humour. They were nice in ways that embarrassed me, wishing us luck, thanking us for coming.. shaking hands with us after the game, no triumphalist BS. True sportsmen and sportswomen.

So that part is bunkem.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not interested in this but the 'Toxic' fan base were incredibly nice to me in the stadium today. Dozens of people just saying how happy they were we were there and they wished us the best. Sure we lost a football match. But we could have won it, but didn't score as many goals as them. So you move on. But throwing hate at a wall will never bring you happiness. The Seattle fans are lovely and I have more respect for their club than before the weekend started.
    Last edited by MDH; 11-10-2019 at 07:29 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a cruel sport.
    It is but i didn’t feel cheated.... the guys gave everything.

I only want to make one comment, it was amazing to have been there today. Traveling support was off the charts. We were heard and we were visible.

Also, I have not met a Seattle fan that wasnt excellent.

Now here is the rub... MLSE Front Office has let us down so viscously. They did nothing to help us organize a get together..... shame. We all collectively set up our own WhatsApp group and tried to find meet ups.

The club if it wants to keep the support high should have hosted something for traveling fans. We are one of the richest owners when you count the media association (TSN).

Keep the General, make sure he continues as a Tam with a future as a coach and get one more DP. And lets do this again!!

COYRs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the question of whether they deserved it - they did. We dominated but didn’t have many good looks at goal. That was outstanding defending, that put them in position if they got a break, which they did.

Pretty much what we did to Atlanta. It's a legit tactic in elite soccer. You can’t concede the open look in the box, and they didn’t.

But man, so frustrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got home from Joe's. What is VAR for if not to correct missed calls, especially ones that lead to goals?

Pro refs get it wrong again.

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Just got home from Joe's. What is VAR for if not to correct missed calls, especially ones that lead to goals?

Dom
    I agree with this but remember, the ref missed the call, not a computer, or a replay. Better refs will not happen if VAR goes away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^The Sounders fans are the best fans in MLS. They have treated everyone here wearing red with unceasing kindness and good humour. They were nice in ways that embarrassed me, wishing us luck, thanking us for coming.. shaking hands with us after the game, no triumphalist BS. True sportsmen and sportswomen.

So that part is bunkem.
    No kidding. Incredibly friendly city and people. I was photobombing them taking selfies with the Giant MLS Cup in Pioneer Square and they took it in good humor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle created more chances today against us then we did against Atlanta. Sometimes the ball bounces your way, sometimes it doesn't. That's football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know all about being a Seattle sounders fan, I cheered for them in the playoffs when they had Martins, tactically they play like garbage man... At least those Seattle teams were fun to watch, Playing like trash got them two championships..
    Last edited by matteo30; 11-10-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    It is but i didn’t feel cheated.... the guys gave everything.

I only want to make one comment, it was amazing to have been there today. Traveling support was off the charts. We were heard and we were visible.

Also, I have not met a Seattle fan that wasnt excellent.

Now here is the rub... MLSE Front Office has let us down so viscously. They did nothing to help us organize a get together..... shame. We all collectively set up our own WhatsApp group and tried to find meet ups.

The club if it wants to keep the support high should have hosted something for traveling fans. We are one of the richest owners when you count the media association (TSN).

Keep the General, make sure he continues as a Tam with a future as a coach and get one more DP. And lets do this again!!

COYRs
    Ended up at a very crowded Joe's so ok in the end but MLSE also did NOTHING for fans at home. The 1 event they "set" was a bust as they said Real Sports was 1st come but when we got their we were told they were seating reservations 1st, and if there were any no shows then they would sit people in line. All BS.

Anyway, will be an interesting off-season to see what the team looks like for 2020.

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MDH View Post
    I agree with this but remember, the ref missed the call, not a computer, or a replay. Better refs will not happen if VAR goes away.
    100% MLS needs to upgrade their refs...it's been decades, but, the VAR did not correct the call. EVERY FAN ON THE PLANET knows how to fix the call, why can't the person that is responsible for doing so get it right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel like were making it back there it sucks in sports you have to take advantage of your chances and we didn't do that. Tactically they bunkered throughout and were rewarded...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCLive

's Altidore on the foul that wasn't called that led to #Sounders

scoring the first #MLSCup

goal today."We know the standard of MLS refereeing is next to horrible."
    atta boy jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% MLS needs to upgrade their refs...it's been decades, but, the VAR did not correct the call. EVERY FAN ON THE PLANET knows how to fix the call, why can't the person that is responsible for doing so get it right?
    Yup, youre completely right. I got angry about it in my 20's. But now Ive learned to have more in life than football. Cause the refs will always be terrible. Always. Look at the embarrassment of the English PL use of VAR. All the money and upgrades in the world won't fix it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dom
    Which goal are talking you about... the 1st or the 3rd? They didnt show anything in the stadium (the Roldan foul on Osorio or Ruidiaz pulling Mavinga).
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 11-10-2019 at 08:18 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matteo30 View Post
    I know all about being a Seattle sounders fan, I cheered for them in the playoffs when they had Martins, tactically they play like garbage man... At least those Seattle teams were fun to watch, Playing like trash got them two championships..
    All that matters is the score board, nothing else. They have two titles to show for it in three trips to finals over the last four years. I am sure all their supporters are enjoying it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah, I'm coming to the conclusion that we need a good striker of the ball wide left or right in this 4-3-3.
    This.

I honestly thought the difference between the two teams today was their quality up top. They forced us into a few errors but I think part of the reason they were able to do that is Benezet and Endo aren’t exactly huge threats up top, although both are useful.

Good effort by the guys. Didn’t quite get there but they should hold their heads high for all the work done this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Which goal are talking you about... the 1st or the 3rd? They didnt show anything in the stadium (the Roldan foul on Osorio or Ruidiaz pulling Mavinga).
    The lead up to the first. Changes the whole game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a cruel sport.
    This.

I was there with 3 generations of my family. Reffing aside, we didn’t finish in the first half when we dominated play. And Seattle did in the second half when they got their chances.

Glad to be there to support our team. And there is always next year!

On top of that my wife got a 10 sec cameo on national TV in Canada just before the third goal. When I figure it how to post a video I will.

And also got David Miller to prank my family at dinner after the game. We have to take what we can on days like these!
    Last edited by GerMc; 11-10-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a disappointing result but I a super proud of how this team turned it around in the mid-season and made it to the finals. There are a few gaps in the lineup that need to be filled in the off season and I can’t wait until the new season begins.