Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd run out the same line up and same sub pattern with hopefully the third one being Jozy instead of Mullins or (hopefully) Omar to hold the fort late.

Don't mess with what's working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I'd run out the same line up and same sub pattern with hopefully the third one being Jozy instead of Mullins or (hopefully) Omar to hold the fort late.

Don't mess with what's working.
    It wasn't working very well last night though. We were incredibly fortunate to advance. We capitalized on the only 2 chances we generated.

With another week and a half to recuperate, I would definitely start Gonzalez. With Jozy, we'll have to wait and see where he's at.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It wasn't working very well last night though. We were incredibly fortunate to advance. We capitalized on the only 2 chances we generated.

With another week and a half to recuperate, I would definitely start Gonzalez. With Jozy, we'll have to wait and see where he's at.
    I would agree with this analysis.

I think you start Gonzalez. To be fair, Ciman has impressed me over the last few games. For the most part, gone seems the out to lunch sprawling tackles (though he did one just before the penalty last night). But he has been a stay at home, more conservative defender for the most part, and that pass to Benezet was wonderful. But I would take the stability of Gonzalez, which also should allow Bradley to roam upfield a bit more, and even Mavinga as well.

With respect to Altidore, I bet he is 50/50 even with another week and a bit. But if he can go, I think you start him. I liked the Mullins sub last night, because it allowed Pozuelo to drop back and try to influence the play more. Pozuelo is great in many ways, but he is not strong on the ball, can't do hold up play and if he holds on too long, he often gets pushed off by a defender. So with Altidore's strength up front, you have a Route 1 channel, and Pozuelo can drop back into what is a more natural (and effective) position for him.

I might also start Laryea. I think it has worked very well to have Auro do the first half and then Laryea come in later, but it takes up a substitution. When Mavinga went down with what looked like an arm injury last night, I got a little scared as we had used up all our subs. I think we need to take it to Seattle and get an early goal, so having Laryea running down the wing earlier in the game, sounds like the right approach.

Now it is obvious that my years of armchair coaching far outweigh the skill and experience of the TFC coaching team, so they should obviously just do as I say :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post

Yes, that makes sense. But someone else dropped Oso. i don't see that, at all. Maybe Benezet if Jozy plays.