Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 360
  1. #91
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    287
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^Hopefully it's a smokescreen and Jozy plays and scores twice on Frei. A natural progression of goals in the Finals. 0 goals-2016, 1 goal-2017, 2 goals-2019.

  2. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,331
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Now it's up for everyone to decide if this is legit or if it's a smokescreen.

    Personally I feel like management knew his injury was going to be long-term after it happened, but has been playing coy since. I'll be shocked if he's in the 18.
    I figured he was out for the whole playoffs when it happened, especially with everyone playing coy but this comment is odd. This makes me wonder if he is actually okay for some minutes.

  3. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,100
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    ^Hopefully it's a smokescreen and Jozy plays and scores twice on Frei. A natural progression of goals in the Finals. 0 goals-2016, 1 goal-2017, 2 goals-2019.
    This is a ridiculous statement; and illogical.

    We skipped a year in the final, so he'll score 3.

  4. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    287
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    This is a ridiculous statement; and illogical.

    We skipped a year in the final, so he'll score 3.
    I didn't want to be too greedy. I hope you are more correct than I am!

  5. #95
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,927
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Officials Crew - seen worse

    REF: Allen Chapman
    AR1: Brian Dunn
    AR2: Corey Rockwell
    4TH: Rubiel Vazquez
    VAR: Edvin Jurisevic
    AVAR: Cameron Blanchard
    RAR: Brian Poeschel

  6. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Jozy Altidore says it will take a miracle to play MLS Cup final

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/jozy...mls-cup-final/
    This headline is taken out of context. Also, Vanney implied there's still a chance he could play. I think they're just messing with Seattles game plan.

  7. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    This headline is taken out of context. Also, Vanney implied there's still a chance he could play. I think they're just messing with Seattles game plan.
    I agree. I feel he will play in some way. I cannot see Jozy or the team tipping their hand this early before a final. I smelled head games as soon as I read the headline. He will be in the 18 but I will be shocked if he starts

  8. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,440
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Officials Crew - seen worse

    REF: Allen Chapman
    AR1: Brian Dunn
    AR2: Corey Rockwell
    4TH: Rubiel Vazquez
    VAR: Edvin Jurisevic
    AVAR: Cameron Blanchard
    RAR: Brian Poeschel

    As I recall, we thought he handled the 2017 Cup game pretty well.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  9. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,440
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I agree. I feel he will play in some way. I cannot see Jozy or the team tipping their hand this early before a final. I smelled head games as soon as I read the headline. He will be in the 18 but I will be shocked if he starts
    He will be in the 18 if he can look OK in warmup, even if he cannot play. The threat that he might come on would influence the Sounders sub choices.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  10. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 119
    Posts
    11,506
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's going to be an uphill battle without a healthy Jozy.

    Instead of playing Poz out of position, I would prefer starting Mullins as a target man. He has looked good when called upon.

  11. #101
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    790
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Instead of playing Poz out of position, I would prefer starting Mullins as a target man. He has looked good when called upon.
    Is Mullins enough of a threat to keep Seattle honest at the back though? I have no problem with him coming on later in games, but a start in the MLS Cup final seems like too much of an ask for him.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

  12. #102
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It's going to be an uphill battle without a healthy Jozy.

    Instead of playing Poz out of position, I would prefer starting Mullins as a target man. He has looked good when called upon.
    A couple of times in the season, especially when Mullins came in late, I liked him. Brought lots of energy on offence + the high press on D; got some good shots on goals.

    In the game vs. Atlanta I thought he looked really weak though. Within minutes of coming on, he was doing a slow jog when pressing, while his teammates were working their tails off for much longer.

  13. #103
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sec-115
    Posts
    9,888
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It's going to be an uphill battle without a healthy Jozy.

    Instead of playing Poz out of position, I would prefer starting Mullins as a target man. He has looked good when called upon.
    How they say,Never change a wining team,right?
    We managed to win last 3 games with this 11, I would start them again,it's worked very well for us until now, no need to change it,definitely not up front. If you want Richie for Endoh or Auro, Ciman for Gonzales fine,but middle and attack should stay as it is.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !


  14. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    How they say,Never change a wining team,right?
    We managed to win last 3 games with this 11, I would start them again,it's worked very well for us until now, no need to change it,definitely not up front. If you want Richie for Endoh or Auro, Ciman for Gonzales fine,but middle and attack should stay as it is.
    Endoh or Auro, Ciman for Gonzales fine,but middle and attack should stay as it is.[/QUOTE]

    I was shocked our Defence managed to hold out against NYC and Atlanta in front of 60,000 fans in an MLS cup finals it will be very difficult. The conditions in 2016 made it very difficult to play through the midfield and pass which suited Seattle fine. Having dealt with a lot of faking in the last round I expect more of the same its difficult to play against teams that roll around a lot It's soccer. How do you defend a team that fakes that much you lose your physical edge going into tackles and 50 50 balls. I don't see our previous strategy holding up. We need to play on the front foot How do we attack the Sounders? what formation do we use? obviously it's not impossible but in the last 2 finals, it took a long long time to get that first goal, and that was after dominating for such a long time. What makes them so effective Also it would be nice as a community to post some supportive things to our guys on Instagram Delgado has only a little over 3,000 followers maybe a kind message like You got this Marky or your scoring the winner I don't know. I hope our guys have adjusted there clocks and are going through there game day routines, if there not practicing does anyone know if they are in Seattle yet or are they leaving Wed or Thursday? We need to adjust and get the 1st goal I was really happy we scored 2 goals from open play last round, It always hard to guess but I would say that the chances of us getting free kicks and a penalty at home are really slim. So expect a lot of hacking. Jozy is a game changer with his ability to hold up play and create space for others If he starts or plays it changes the dynamic...

  15. #105
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Gonzales will play over Ciman, for sure.
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  16. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Gonzales will play over Ciman, for sure.
    I also think that Vanney will have some kind of surprise lined up, but what that is, I have no idea. The surprise could even be "no surprise--same line-up."

  17. #107
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,007
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Gonzales will play over Ciman, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I also think that Vanney will have some kind of surprise lined up, but what that is, I have no idea. The surprise could even be "no surprise--same line-up."
    IMO I think the surprise could be a 3-5-2 keeping both Gonzalez and Ciman on. And giving our wide players extra protection against Seattle's wingers who like to overload their sides.

  18. #108
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,927
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The MLS website is painful this week.

    Maybe its because when we hosted I was thinking about getting there etc. etc. so have more time this go around. But gosh the clickbait comparisons are annoying. Everybody is great, everything needs to be analysed, everything needs to be praised. Its been less then a week since we beat Atlanta & I just want the hype to be over with.

  19. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,480
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    IMO I think the surprise could be a 3-5-2 keeping both Gonzalez and Ciman on. And giving our wide players extra protection against Seattle's wingers who like to overload their sides.
    Could be. I like the surprise idea too. But the key is Lodero. That is who is in Vanneys mind because he is the only Seattle player he mentioned. How to you control him? Midfield dominance. Which speaks to a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 variant, not a 4-3-3 unless it is effectively a 4-5-1. Which could speak to Deleon starting in a 4-3-3 over Benezet

  20. #110
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The MLS website is painful this week..
    I had to stop looking at it. I don’t think I can take those guys anymore. They have been a joke this whole post season. Nice thing is though none of them see us winning and look how that has worked out for them and their predictions.

  21. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I had to stop looking at it. I don’t think I can take those guys anymore. They have been a joke this whole post season. Nice thing is though none of them see us winning and look how that has worked out for them and their predictions.
    They are all practically tripping over themselves to give Seattle the title. That is fine, I relish the underdog role. They keep bringing up the fact that it sold out in 10 minutes. It is a final why is this shocking news? In 2016 the final sold out in 3 minutes and in 2017 in 5.

    I said it prior to last game and I will say it again, all the pressure is on the home team. A first ever cup final at home against a team who's number 1 striker in all likelihood won't play. Couple that with their undefeated playoff streak at home and it is not hard to see why they are the favourites. That is fine, I believe in this team. Lets make Bradley a DP for another year.

  22. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    They are all practically tripping over themselves to give Seattle the title. That is fine, I relish the underdog role. They keep bringing up the fact that it sold out in 10 minutes. It is a final why is this shocking news? In 2016 the final sold out in 3 minutes and in 2017 in 5.
    Well, they do have almost double the number of seats in their stadium, so it is pretty impressive. As for the MLS pundits all choosing Seattle, I think they're running an experiment since everything has run contrary to their predictions. I remember that Weibe said after everyone picked Seattle, "So congratulations to Toronto for winning the 2019 MLS Cup." This could be in line with that.

  23. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,440
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any objective analysis has to have Seattle as a favourite. They are at home. They looked incredible in that LAFC game, we looked lucky in ours. Probably there is no Jozy, our historical difference maker.

    But so what? Sounds a lot like how anybody would have talked about us before the 2016 game.

    What I think is, they looked beatable in their two previous games vs Dallas and RSL. We have looked vulnerable at times too. It's a 50/50 crap shoot. I hate to say it, but I expect PKs.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  24. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^^ Agreed. And to give the MLS website guys some credit, no one is saying it will be a cake walk for Seattle, and a popular opinion among them is Toronto has the horses off the bench to win it if it is tied after 60-70 minutes and will not be intimidated at that point, which is fair.

  25. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    287
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Any objective analysis has to have Seattle as a favourite. They are at home. They looked incredible in that LAFC game, we looked lucky in ours. Probably there is no Jozy, our historical difference maker.

    But so what? Sounds a lot like how anybody would have talked about us before the 2016 game.

    What I think is, they looked beatable in their two previous games vs Dallas and RSL. We have looked vulnerable at times too. It's a 50/50 crap shoot. I hate to say it, but I expect PKs.
    This is what it feels like to be the underdog, and I definitely feel less nervous than in 2016 and 2017.

    This one will be anyone's game. I think it will be a messy affair with potential rain on FieldTurf. It's going to be a wild ride. I just hope it doesn't go to PKs.

  26. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,650
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am still in a state of shock, that TFC made it this far, with the lineup we have. The 2016-17 teams would beat this squad 9 out 10 times, but having said this, Atlanta should have beaten us too. But, they didn’t, and I think this is another one of those underdog stories like last years Stanley Cup champions. The team simply plays harder and smarter, and full credit must go to Vanney for this, who, if we win, should be manager of the year.
    Seattle will be tougher than Atlanta. From what I have seen during their playoff run, they are no fluke. Their team is loaded with talent, having two of the top offensive players in the league, and arguably the top keeper. They are playing at home, on turf.
    We should lose by 2 or 3 goals.
    My prediction.....TFC 2. Seattle 0

  27. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    640
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    We should lose by 2 or 3 goals.
    My prediction.....TFC 2. Seattle 0
    I love this. The sudden change. Made me laugh at my desk

  28. #118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chipping our backline still makes me nervous. If Atlanta kept doing that, we would have lost. Ciman has played well these playoffs and I hope there is no rust with Gonzalez. I really like Gallardo's speed but not sure if he has fallen out of favour with the team dynamics, but maybe he will be used as a surprise because he is fast and would be unexpected. I don't think we see Jozy, but it could be gamesmanship. I have no idea what to expect. That stadium was built like an orchestra cathedral and it will be loud as hell. Should be a doozy. Maybe Seattle finally gets that shot on goal they have coveted for 2 years...lol

  29. #119
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Chipping our backline still makes me nervous. If Atlanta kept doing that, we would have lost. Ciman has played well these playoffs and I hope there is no rust with Gonzalez.
    I don't agree necessarily. They would have kept chipping it over the line if they could have because that is one of Atlanta's preferred ways of attack. Toronto made adjustments after being caught badly on the first couple chips so it doesn't come down to Atlanta no longer doing it in my opinion but more that TFC adjusted to negate it and force Atlanta to change their attack. With regards to Ciman, I would take a slightly rusty better defender in Gonzalez over an unnecessary risk taker like Ciman any day. Sure he may have done well enough for most of the time but the unnecessary slide tackles in and around the box every game doesn't sit well with me for this game. The difference will likely come down to one goal in this game and you don't want it to be from one of these stupid moves that he loves to do.

  30. #120
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,927
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well Jozy & Omar have left on the plane.


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •