Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    She said “the family at $3000 for some rubbish” is a bad deal. You will be a good husband and agree with her and inform her that you have a noon business meeting that you have to attend for important matters.

No?
    Yep.

"Okay honey, I have a meeting at noon. I'll be back in three days."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    I wonder if MLSE will open up BMO or Scotiabank for a viewing party on the 10th?
    The Leafs play on the 9th and are away in Chicago the next day. The Raptors play in LA on the 10th. Inside it will be nicer and closer to the screens.
    I think Maple Leaf Square would be more likely, bit I suppose we'll find out soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd run out the same line up and same sub pattern with hopefully the third one being Jozy instead of Mullins or (hopefully) Omar to hold the fort late.

Don't mess with what's working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patriots win the Super Bowl, as the road team.
    Blues beat the Bruins 3/4 times away, including Game 7 in Boston to win the Cup.
    Raptors beat the Warriors 3/3 times away, including Game 6 in Golden State to win the Larry OB.
    Nationals win the WS in 7 games, all road victories.
    Both MLS Conf Finals, road wins.

I mean, that's kind of cool....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I'd run out the same line up and same sub pattern with hopefully the third one being Jozy instead of Mullins or (hopefully) Omar to hold the fort late.

Don't mess with what's working.
    It wasn't working very well last night though. We were incredibly fortunate to advance. We capitalized on the only 2 chances we generated.

With another week and a half to recuperate, I would definitely start Gonzalez. With Jozy, we'll have to wait and see where he's at.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It wasn't working very well last night though. We were incredibly fortunate to advance. We capitalized on the only 2 chances we generated.

With another week and a half to recuperate, I would definitely start Gonzalez. With Jozy, we'll have to wait and see where he's at.
    I would agree with this analysis.

I think you start Gonzalez. To be fair, Ciman has impressed me over the last few games. For the most part, gone seems the out to lunch sprawling tackles (though he did one just before the penalty last night). But he has been a stay at home, more conservative defender for the most part, and that pass to Benezet was wonderful. But I would take the stability of Gonzalez, which also should allow Bradley to roam upfield a bit more, and even Mavinga as well.

With respect to Altidore, I bet he is 50/50 even with another week and a bit. But if he can go, I think you start him. I liked the Mullins sub last night, because it allowed Pozuelo to drop back and try to influence the play more. Pozuelo is great in many ways, but he is not strong on the ball, can't do hold up play and if he holds on too long, he often gets pushed off by a defender. So with Altidore's strength up front, you have a Route 1 channel, and Pozuelo can drop back into what is a more natural (and effective) position for him.

I might also start Laryea. I think it has worked very well to have Auro do the first half and then Laryea come in later, but it takes up a substitution. When Mavinga went down with what looked like an arm injury last night, I got a little scared as we had used up all our subs. I think we need to take it to Seattle and get an early goal, so having Laryea running down the wing earlier in the game, sounds like the right approach.

Now it is obvious that my years of armchair coaching far outweigh the skill and experience of the TFC coaching team, so they should obviously just do as I say :-)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    This is true. The dismal nature of their one win & the fact they were outplayed badly in both finals will be something they will want to change. ..
    To be honest, they don't think like that about their win and 2017 at all. They know how they won & why they lost. They are cool with it.

To both them and us, this is all just part of the journey.

Which raises another point.

Our team defined itself by that 2017 win...and then redefined itself in 2018, negatively, by the pain of the CCL near miss.

I think our team has finally put that past them and redefined itself as

fkn team fkn works

No matter what happens in this game, TFC are here again - a fkn team that fkn works

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with ManUtd4ever and GerMc.

One thing to keep in mind that was evident in the Atlanta game is that when the opposition can cut off channels to Pozuelo is when he seems poor up front.

That's different from the DC United and NYCE games where Pozuelo was able to play a key role because there were channels to get him the ball.

I expect the Seattle game to be more like the Atlanta game, so having a tall target man like Jozy up front would be a positive because Pozuelo can't do the hold up role. I'd play Jozy, if fit, which means Pozuelo plays out wide or Vanney switches from 4-3-3.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

One thing to keep in mind that was evident in the Atlanta game is that when the opposition can cut off channels to Pozuelo is when he seems poor up front.

That's different from the DC United and NYCE games where Pozuelo was able to play a key role because there were channels to get him the ball.

I expect the Seattle game to be more like the Atlanta game, so having a tall target man like Jozy up front would be a positive because Pozuelo can't do the hold up role. I'd play Jozy, if fit, which means Pozuelo plays out wide or Vanney switches from 4-3-3.
    Having Jozy beasting his way around the box will open things up for Pozuelo just it did for Seba. Gives them more space to operate and do their thing. The uncertainty of Jozy playing or not will be a the forefront of the 10 days. Will be interesting to see how the Reds play it, guess it will come down to what they know from the scan he had earlier this week.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 10 minutes were horrendous for Ciman last night... up until Westberg made the PK save it looked as though it was going to be a very dour evening for us at the stadium. From our view you could see in super detail how different the ball bounces on that pitch, and how well trained the Atlanta players are tuned to it. They were pouncing on our defence like vultures. Thankfully the boys adjusted and were able to stem the flow after that. We also stopped making suicide lateral passes in the back. A nerve racking one and very fortunate to come out with the W!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    I cant fucking believe it. what a run. what a team. westberg needs a statue
    love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if MLSE will open up BMO or Scotiabank for a viewing party on the 10th?

The Leafs play on the 9th and are away in Chicago the next day. The Raptors play in LA on the 10th. Inside it will be nicer and closer to the screens.

Shoeless Joes will be fantastic. It was fabulous last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Looks interesting but its unreadable. Any way you can enlarge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CenturyLink expands up to 68k for special soccer events. I'd say a couple of thousand, maybe.

MLS controlled the ticketing for the 2016/2017 MLS Cups, and I'd imagine it may be the same.

Tickets are on sale at 1pm on Friday.
    How do you know this? My ticket rep said they do not know yet, and seattle is already selling tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post

Yes, that makes sense. But someone else dropped Oso. i don't see that, at all. Maybe Benezet if Jozy plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    How do you know this? My ticket rep said they do not know yet, and seattle is already selling tickets.
    I was repeating what was posted in the 'MLS Cup Tickets...' thread. It's from the Sounders webpage, so it may be their general sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone close to the Buffalo airport, you can use FlyFrontier (which is Denver based). Flights are about $115 USD Buffalo to Seattle one way.

I just used them to fly to Portland. It's a low cost airline that does the trick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a link via the TFC subreddit - https://i.redd.it/fzcm99ii8wv31.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

If Jozy plays, its tailor made for 3-5-2 ie 3-5-1-1 Likely Ciman Omar Mavinga auro delgado bradley oso morrow poz jozy. Might even work to do that with Mullins up front and have benezet endoh deleon and laryea off the bench for scoring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was repeating what was posted in the 'MLS Cup Tickets...' thread. It's from the Sounders webpage, so it may be their general sale.
    Ah! OK, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THX again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ochos View Post
    First 10 minutes were horrendous for Ciman last night... up until Westberg made the PK save it looked as though it was going to be a very dour evening for us at the stadium. From our view you could see in super detail how different the ball bounces on that pitch, and how well trained the Atlanta players are tuned to it. They were pouncing on our defence like vultures. Thankfully the boys adjusted and were able to stem the flow after that. We also stopped making suicide lateral passes in the back. A nerve racking one and very fortunate to come out with the W!
    Despite his boneheaded moments, Ciman has stepped up and was better than any of the Atlanta defenders. His pass for our first goal, was sublime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try this. https://tfcontheroad.ca/collections/...mls-cup-finals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tickets to the game not included?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post

The only change I'd make would be Gonzalez for Ciman. I'd also like to start Altidore, but that's on Vanney to know if he can make it through at least 60 minutes or not. If not Bring on Altidore in the 55th minute or earlier if we are down or tied. Bring Lareya and Deleon shortly after. But if Altidore is good to go, any chance we go back to a 4-4-2? I mean we won a championship with the 4-4-2... just saying.

------Benezet-Altidore
    Osorio-Pozuelo-Bradley
    ----------Delgado
    Morrow-Mavinga-Gonzalez-Auro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Despite his boneheaded moments, Ciman has stepped up and was better than any of the Atlanta defenders. His pass for our first goal, was sublime.
    100%, he had a stellar game after that! But we were gnawing our fingernails off nonetheless! Like most I'd still go with Gonzalez if he's fit as he's been playing amazing of late

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you. He and Bradley were out of sync on the high line - Bradley on the first goal, Ciman on the (never a) pk; but otherwise he was vastly better than early on in the season. Almost a different player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marquis View Post
    Tickets not included. I messaged them directly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marquis View Post
    That would appear to be the case. It's sort of key to the whole travel to Seattle thing. haha. It looks like YYZ_Fan did some digging and confirmed tickets are not included.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His passing is good but those boneheaded moments are in every game. He just didn’t get burned with them in the last couple and got lucky. I would rather have Gonzalez as a lower risk option plus we get much better aerial presence. Ciman should always be backup to a fit Gonzalez in my opinion. Only takes the one boneheaded moment to burn us in a tight game. Yeah Bradley I am looking at you too. Bradley is good for one poor turnover per game. Hope he gets it out of the way early this time. This will be a win ugly match. I can’t see it getting too open.