Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least if the pattern continues well win the cup next year in seattle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I still think a lot of team for this run.
    They played their hearts out and were on their way until a bad break. It's the TFC story. But man they fought hard this year. Fucking heroic playoff effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    BULLLLLLLSHIT. (not you OG, the official scorekeeper).

That first goal was an own goal. I'll give them the second because they deserved it. We got deflated after going down despite dominating.

Hard to lose this one. Better team, again.
    Yeah this tough.

When you look at it this core underachieved.

Should be 3 MLS Cups, 1 Champions League, and 1 Supporters shield.

This is football though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore has done nothing. He was not ready to play, imo. Playing with 10 men

EDIT - Well that was bad timing on my part. Still stand by above.
    Last edited by zorsofstesab; 11-10-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Uh, we got to a final how again? By playing it quickly, which is what Vanney wants. For some reason, this team ALWAYS reverts to pass it across the back when behind - they shouldn't because Vanney has said consistently since he came to the team he HATES that back and forth across the back stuff.

Stuff happens. Own goal & we lost composure - not because of the crowd but because that happens to most teams when they go behind on an own goal after dominating.
    It was a terrific run. The team needs a designated player at forward. In a close game, after 20 passes, you don’t want the shot on goal right into the Keepers stomach (Osorio). In the first half, all that possession resulted in nothing, because we never replaced Giovinco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think a lot of team for this run.
    100% agree with you.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Change needed to come at the half full stop
    Yeah, the extra five minutes would have totally changed the outcome, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 fouls led to two goals for SS the game should be 1-0 How can you play a cup final where the other team can throw body checks and commit obvious fouls with no penalty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah, I'm coming to the conclusion that we need a good striker of the ball wide left or right in this 4-3-3.
    Or you know... in the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to question, based on what he's looked like, why Jozy didn't start. I k now we won without him, but... if you're him, wouldn't you be fighting to the death to get into this game? I dunno. That goal was almost bittersweet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Change needed to come at the half full stop

We controlled the first 10 minutes of the second half. The own goal was against the run of play. Benezet is good going forward but is a defensive liability. Taking him off for Laryea might have been the call but not the way the team was playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

End of the day, TFC played well in the playoffs. Can't ask for more from this club. It sucks they lost in the end especially how they played in this game. Now TFC managment needs to find winger/striker with DP slot. I except Bradley and Vanney to come back next season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    2 fouls led to two goals for SS the game should be 1-0 How can you play a cup final where the other team can throw body checks and commit obvious fouls with no penalty.

MLS Cup final is always reffed that way. Heck, the playoffs are reffed that way. I was vaguely surprised Poz got a yellow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the extra five minutes would have totally changed the outcome, lol.
    It takes one second to score a goal, wanted Endoh off for De Leon. Still pround of this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    End of the day, TFC played well in the playoffs. Can't ask for more from this club. It sucks they lost in the end especially how they played in this game. Now TFC managment needs to find winger/striker with DP slot. I except Bradley and Vanney to come back next season.
    I think we can do a lot better than Bradley and Vanney, time to cut our loss and get rid of them, MLSE has a significant amount of money and would like to see them use it to sign a proven coach and we can always do better than Bradley, dont find him very productive for the amount of money we pay him

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "own" goal just killed the team emotionally, they had played well up until that point but one "lucky" shot and that was that.....overall they obviously over-achieved by getting this far this year, but it still hurts to lose on the day especially when the Cup is on the line....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were by far the worst team in the striker department between all the teams qualified for the playoffs, with Jozy out.

It's just a very bad team construction having just one quality striker and all other options 2 classes below him. Seriously, our other strikers outside Jozy would be starters on any other team, even the one that finished last in the regular season?

You can't play without a quality starting striker 4 games in row in these kind of playoff games, and hope to win all of them. It's almost impossible.
    Notice to all future TFC teams to never have this kind of big time construction flaw.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looked a lot like the NYRB game, actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it fair to say after the last 4 seasons that TFC vs Seattle has moved up the ranks as a legitimate rivalry match/series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So..... Same time next year?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boddington View Post
    Is it fair to say after the last 4 seasons that TFC vs Seattle has moved up the ranks as a legitimate rivalry match/series.

2 usually good teams playing each other with 2 fairly knowledgeable supporter bases - but I don't think its a rivalry. Its always a game to look forward to, like playing other good teams. But once its done, no bitterness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This run was unexpected. Nobody in this forum this past August would have said we would have been in the finals. This year we had to win throughout the playoffs on the road - it felt detached and distant, unlike '16 and '17 where we watched it live from our season seats. Seattle showed up a bit more this year, but not by much. Finishing #2 this year is a surprise, and we can't really hang our heads. Great job for the bunch that delivered the hope and enjoyment the last few weeks.

All that said, management said very early on Pozuelo replaced Vasquez - Giovinco was never replaced.
    Ain't it bitter sweet that when everything was on the line, our 2nd striker, 2nd forward Giovinco was not there to help in the first half, nor was the replacement we never received.

The empty hole that sat up top of the field should be a reminder to management of their unfilled replacement. They should know their task for 2020.

Congrats and thank you to the players and coaches that gave us another fantastic fall of soccer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC East Champions still

MLS finalist

It’s been a good year, I would not have predicted this when Gio walked away

Go home guys and polish the East cup and let’s get a striker for next year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Win or lose, as long as we're a good time and play our hearts out for the crest, I can't really complain.

I want to see us bolster the squad in the off-season and come out flying in March.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC played great for long stretches, amazing passing, great winning the ball back. I can't complain about that. Although Seattle was content to sit back and play the counter, they did not want to lose possession so quickly, and they didn't want TFC to have so many chances.

In the end, the things that did us in were somewhat expected from early in the season:

1) Not enough striker depth or real scoring threat in key moments. Look what Altidore could do in limited time. Other teams manage to have more quality & depth in that area.

2) Still suspect defense in key moments. Gonzalez was pretty good, and really helped TFC in the 2nd half of the season. But a bit rusty in key moments today after his injury, and he's not the most nimble guy to begin with, so getting tossed into the Cup game wasn't ideal. Mavinga always the athlete, but also with some rash plays, and you could tell he & Omar hadn't practiced enough lately.

After making it to the Cup and looking the better team for long stretches, I can't be too upset about the outcome, and I think #VanneyOut is a big joke now. Yes Vanney is often frustrating, he basically admitted that in a recent interview. I'm in the #VanneyWiseUp and #CurtisWiseUp camp.

Now what the hell happens to Bradley? TAM player I'm guessing??? I think we also need a nimble and relatively cheap defensive midfielder/destroyer, at least for some games or phases where needed. A tough energizer bunny who never stops running in the middle, breaks up plays, shields the defense, and just lays off a simple 5-yard pass to the defenders, Westberg or another midfielder when he gets the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was tough we easily could have been 3-0 in the finals I can believe the Ball hit Morrow, Seattle won yet another cup and will continue to win playing the same way we had a lot of good width play but the subs came too late we needed Deleon in at the half, It was a hell of a season, but the finals left a sour taste in our mouths our guys for the most part played well but when you don't have an out and out Striker attacking mid teams can do that.. Seattle Bunkerball which won them two championships... Where Seba and Vasquez won it in 2017 both are gone going forward though I'm proud of our guys it was a hell of a run to the championship and we still have our Star I wanted Q to Win and Deleon. The goal off of Morrow was cruel as was the 2016 Miss dominated 3 finals and won 1 going forward it would be nice to have a finals at a Normal time, 12 was way too early to play a finals and it showed specifically late in the match fuck MLS and there scheduling games at noon a finals no less, I feel like flooding the MLS cup finals upload with dislikes when Seattle put it up. Honestly the final was played at noon for American football it is a fucking joke... The core is still there to get back but we need Vasquez back.. at minimal to make that cutting ball through, I don't care how old Seba is we have those two there and we have two stars... It's been fun but going forward this franchise needs the luck element in finals and it hasn't been there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a tough loss. For the first 70 Poz was obviously the best player on the park. The goal killed us but what really killed us was our lack of finishing/finisher. We'd have great buildup and no one even in the box. It was a step too far today. A healthy Jozy might have made the difference but that doesn't matter now. The TFC fans in the stadium were great and so many sounders fans came up before and after to say nice things. There was like one jerk I saw form the 69,000. Kudos to Seattle and everyone who travelled from Toronto/Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No doubt I’m disappointed but it was always going to be an uphill battle. The fact that we dominated the match outside of an own goal shows how hard this team is willing to work.

I’d much rather lose after putting everything out there than getting decimated.

Looking forward to what the offseason brings. Keeping Bradley is essential even if he starts less games. You don’t grow leaders and he’s changed this team for the better. Vanney again with a great game plan that was working perfectly. But in a one and done it’s those individual errors that can cost you.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, the reality is that given our season and the inconsistency of it, we were lucky to be in the MLS Cup. Next year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very proud of the boys. We were in control in their barn and an unlucky bounce turned the tide.

Lots of positives to build on going into next season.