Quote Originally Posted by RaveGreen View Post
I just wanted to thank you guys for coming out to our city. Before the game I wished several of you good luck and looked forward to good football. Your team played some excellent football during the first half and were clearly better at passing which kinda threw our team off at first because we're usually the better team at passing particularly at home. Schmetzer clearly had prepared the team to come out swinging but your guys didn't really let us do much of that in the first half, though we had some excellent chances. I know its cliche but football is a tale of two halves and since Schmetzer took over for Sigi he has been very good with his halftime locker room talks and changes. This game was no exception. We've seen the Sounders win many games this way since he took over. It almost doesn't matter what players he has on the pitch. Schmetzer is from Seattle, his family owned a soccer shop for decades. He is a lifelong Sounder, he played for the club as a teenager in the NASL back in the 80s, coached the USL Sounders to championships and most of us thought he was going to be the head coach when the MLS team was announced. He has also been a lifelong ECS member. Greg Vanney may be superior tactics wise but Schemtzer is a brilliant man manager and a loved figure throughout the city and state.

Your team is good but just needs that extra x-factor up top. If you had that you probably would have won this game.

We've been spoiled in that we always replace our attacking talent with as good or better so when players like Obafemi Martins and Nelson Valdez and Clint Dempsey were gone we got guys like Lodeiro from the Uruguay national team, Rodriguez (who had Barcelona youth experience), Ruidiaz who won the golden boot in Liga MX. Now there are rumors Luis Suarez may join his friend Lodeiro in Seattle:

Pozeulo is a hell of a player. Good LORD! We were lucky Altidore was injured but we don't rate Omar Gonzalez as highly as you do as he is prone to mistakes and we call him "derpy" due to how he can get exposed at times so I for one was happy he started over Ciman. I think if Altidore and Ciman could have started for you we'd have gone to extra time probably at 2-2. Then who knows what would have happened? Thats football though. It's why we love and hate the game at the same time.

Speaking of love, we have nothing but love for your supporters and fans. Got some pics with some of you too. Also there was one point I could here the Dichio song being sung loudly. Your supporters are the class of the fans from the East and despite all the stuff MLS TV tries to tell us (over and over) about Atlanta and LAFC being some new era of MLS we will never forget that you guys set the example for what MLS could be, before Cascadia entered the league and that allowed us to bring our passion into MLS to the fullest without restrictions! For that I for one am grateful. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Seattle (minus the result), and the free Macklemore concert in the square before the massive march to the match. Hope you liked our full stadium tifo that ECS organized. It was the first time ECS did a whole stadium tifo display. Hope you liked hearing the original "Boom Boom Clap" with close to 70,000 as well. Most of all, I hope we can meet again next year.

Let's just keep this cup between us. Two great cities, two great towers, two great clubs, two great teams, two great supporter bases, two great coaches, two future dynasties. Eternal Blue, Forever Green see you next year.
Decent of you. Thanks....until next November!