Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    How exactly could it be Endoh when Endoh was replace by Laryea at the half?

Mullins?
    He's referring to Benezet's goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    I have seen some talk on whether Endoh was in an offside position and blocked the view of Guzon on Benezet's goal. Was play stopped after the goal and did VAR have a look?
    Any thoughts to this?
    Og, the Endoh discussion goes back to this.

the emotions of conceding the penalty and then the save are sooooo TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    At the time I didn’t see anything in Endoh run. Goalie didn’t look unsighted, unless by his own players
    First, I am happy it wasn't called, felt like everything was going against us at that point.

Have a look... maybe i am wrong... at 23secs Endoh is offside before the shot is taken at 24 and then he almost ducks as the ball passes him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-WmbpcBdQ4

As I said, don't know the specific MLS rules but I have seen similar plays in other leagues and found this description (30 seconds mark to 1:10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxNbEyrumKg

Now Endoh did not obstruct the play and he was pretty far out, so I can see why it is a goal.

But as we have learned it always comes down to interpretation, sort of like watching the AUFC forward fall in the box with the slightest brush for the penalty.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 10-31-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    First, I am happy it wasn't called, felt like everything was going against us at that point.

Have a look... maybe i am wrong... at 23secs Endoh is offside before the shot is taken at 24 and then he almost ducks as the ball passes him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-WmbpcBdQ4

As I said, don't know the specific MLS rules but I have seen similar plays in other leagues and found this description (30 seconds mark to 1:10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxNbEyrumKg

Now Endoh did not obstruct the play and he was pretty far out, so I can see why it is a goal.

But as we have learned it always comes down to interpretation, sort of like watching the AUFC forward fall in the box with the slightest brush for the penalty.
    I think it’s because he is so far from the goal. Even though he ducks, when you see the view from behind the net he is virtually never in the way of the play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If any one thinks it was actually a penalty, go to MLS and look at instant replay Wiebe “should Bradley have seen red”. They show the view from behind the net which was not on TV. It’s not even debatable. Inconceivable how VAR did not overturn.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If any one thinks it was actually a penalty, go to MLS and look at instant replay Wiebe “should Bradley have seen red”. They show the view from behind the net which was not on TV. It’s not even debatable. Inconceivable how VAR did not overturn.
    Great find...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VAR can only advise ref of a possible issue. It is still up to the centre ref if they want to look at any replays or ignore the VAR ref.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    VAR can only advise ref of a possible issue. It is still up to the centre ref if they want to look at any replays or ignore the VAR ref.
    And when the centre ref is Alan Kelly don't be surprised when the voice gets ignored completely. Guy is not only useless but has a serious ego to boot, I would not be surprised at all if he was told to review and simply ignored them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    I don’t like VAR and think we should get rid of it until and unless it becomes like goal line technology and doesn’t interrupt the flow of the game. But if you have it, it must be used and in this case there was no doubt. Go look at the behind the net view. It’s astonishing. Never a foul; only debate would be about whether the Atlanta player should have got a yellow for diving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was very proud of the gutsy effort our guys gave the memories of the last 3 years including champions league will stay with me for the rest of my life. In how far we go I have come to this I don't know if we have enough up front to get through that stingy Sounders defence in a home playoff match 3 Finals out of the last 4 years is incredible. What bothered me in the last Atlanta game was number one the extremely soft penalty call given and the Border line offside goal. Thinking about it now going into an away effort, I don't fault the grit and desire but if we lose in the finals it will be 3 finals lost out of 4 years... That makes me really sad thinking about that can anyone here, help with why you think were winning the match... I get it we won MLS cup But the Champions League loss in Penalties + the Shootout loss in round one if we lose again it's 3 loses in the finals.... Thinking about that possibility makes me sad...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done boys, three eastern conference championships in four years who would have thought that way back in 2011. at times this year this team was very un watchable but little by little they were getting better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matteo30 View Post
    I was very proud of the gutsy effort our guys gave the memories of the last 3 years including champions league will stay with me for the rest of my life. In how far we go I have come to this I don't know if we have enough up front to get through that stingy Sounders defence in a home playoff match 3 Finals out of the last 4 years is incredible. What bothered me in the last Atlanta game was number one the extremely soft penalty call given and the Border line offside goal. Thinking about it now going into an away effort, I don't fault the grit and desire but if we lose in the finals it will be 3 finals lost out of 4 years... That makes me really sad thinking about that can anyone here, help with why you think were winning the match... I get it we won MLS cup But the Champions League loss in Penalties + the Shootout loss in round one if we lose again it's 3 loses in the finals.... Thinking about that possibility makes me sad...
    2016 we did not lose the MLS cup.
    We didn't win it either
    Neither team won the MLS cup that year.
    That is my belief

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    2016 we did not lose the MLS cup.
    We didn't win it either
    Neither team won the MLS cup that year.
    That is my belief
    Completely agreed. Seattle didn't "win" the MLS Cup. They got lucky in a skills competition. We completely outplayed them that game, and I'll die on the sword defending that position.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Completely agreed. Seattle didn't "win" the MLS Cup. They got lucky in a skills competition. We completely outplayed them that game, and I'll die on the sword defending that position.

Nah, that's salty. We didn't break them down and finish. We may not like it but they bunkered and won. It is a legit strategy, not necessarily fun to watch but at the same time was lucky and effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Nah, that's salty. We didn't break them down and finish. We may not like it but they bunkered and won. It is a legit strategy, not necessarily fun to watch but at the same time was lucky and effective.

what was the final score after 120 minutes 0-0

nobody won that day, it was a tie game