Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the earlier posters were writing us off earlier in the match. Hats off to the Reds. Atlanta dominated for the majority of the match, but we pulled it off. That tells you something about the character of this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That image is why this game is beautiful. A broken play can turn into a stunner within a second and a beautiful touch

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow amazing! Gritted it out, plus a couple of incredible goals. Josef Martínez couldn't get in done tonight.

I'm happy for the longer break until MLS Cup. For the first time in a while, TFC looked pretty slow & beat up tonight.

Super-sub Jozy to score the Cup-winning goal???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theres some big decisions with starting lineup, Larya and Deleon have made much greater contributions over Auro and endoh. Then there is Ciman vs Gonzalez ... I think you gotta give all 3 the start even thought the others especially Ciman got you there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jozy can go for the final, oh boy we got something cooking here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sport is something else. This team is fucking good. I'm going to enjoy this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta tell you I love seeing Tattenbaum jump on the podium. He has experience between TFC and the Raptors.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simply shocking.....we can always hold this over Atlanta which is even more special, just like Seattle with LAFC, no one cares anymore what your season was like LAFC, it will always be followed by "but"....AU have been to one Cup and have no shields and we've been to three Cups and have a shield.....everyone in Atlanta made fun of us for a crappy follow-up to our MLS Cup not mentioning how injured we were and how much went into Champions League....now we can say we ended their Championship defense, in their stadium, and returned to MLS Cup a year later.....love owning the East....now to steal our 2016 MLS Cup back from Seattle in their stadium.....

Will be interesting to see who plays among Ciman or Omar, Jozy if he can go, Auro or Lareya, DeLeon to start?, Benezet? --- it's nice to have choices.....and I will be thrilled to have our Captain back for another year at $6.5M.......something we never thought would happen even a month ago....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Simply shocking.....we can always hold this over Atlanta which is even more special, just like Seattle with LAFC, no one cares anymore what your season was like LAFC, it will always be followed by "but"....AU have been to one Cup and have no shields and we've been to three Cups and have a shield.....everyone in Atlanta made fun of us for a crappy follow-up to our MLS Cup not mentioning how injured we were and how much went into Champions League....now we can say we ended their Championship defense, in their stadium, and returned to MLS Cup a year later.....love owning the East....now to steal our 2016 MLS Cup back from Seattle in their stadium.....

Will be interesting to see who plays among Ciman or Omar, Jozy if he can go, Auro or Lareya, DeLeon to start?, Benezet? --- it's nice to have choices.....and I will be thrilled to have our Captain back for another year at $6.5M.......something we never thought would happen even a month ago....

also believe first loss in playoff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worth watching. This'll be DeLeon's first MLS Cup appearance. We grabbed this guy in the re-entry draft and now he's sent us to the final. Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speechless after this win. The regular season was such a roller coaster that this moment is surreal. I love this fucking team and hope we can get tickets to attend the game in the emerald city

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a fuckin' good team!!! I'm on cloud nine, like you guys. Who would have thought in July/August we'd be booking a ticket to the finals?

I have to admit it was a little nerve-racking where we seemed to lose all the balls in the midfield.

Nevertheless, two great goals from Benezet and DeLeon and great goalkeeping from Westberg.

Let these sink in:
    1) No Jozy, no Omar and we are in the finals, beating last year's champs
    2) A 13-game unbeaten streak. Let's make this 14 and bring this trophy back!!! COYR!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Mullins needs to not jog in the high press. He came on as a sub, he needs to he going full speed.
    Was at shoeless, amazing support. Special night.

Was saying the exact same thing, but he tracked back and sprinted once so gotta love him

Off to Seattle!!

COYRs
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 10-30-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Marky dropped a bit of a f-bomb at the start of this reaction video . https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...35157865033733

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Some of the earlier posters were writing us off earlier in the match. Hats off to the Reds. Atlanta dominated for the majority of the match, but we pulled it off. That tells you something about the character of this team.
    I’ll say this: with the exception of the 2018 vintage defending in the first 15 minutes we looked a more experienced side. Maybe not the favourites on the day but the one who you knew would find a way to win the game. Atlanta looked like a team that was going to outplay the opposition yet lose. They just weren’t ruthless enough in the final third. We smashed and grabbed at a half chance. They never really put their foot down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Theres some big decisions with starting lineup, Larya and Deleon have made much greater contributions over Auro and endoh. Then there is Ciman vs Gonzalez ... I think you gotta give all 3 the start even thought the others especially Ciman got you there.
    I think DeLeon is best as a sub. You can bring him on late with confidence because he’s versatile and high energy.

Personally I think Laryea > Auro but whatever Vanney comes up with at this stage I’ll take. He deserves the benefit of the doubt having gotten this far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the fuck do I sleep after that! Fucks sake! I love this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're going to the cup!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit, I turned off the game after the first goal as I was afraid that I would cause them to ship more goals if I kept watching. Then I turned it on again at about the 54th minute and saw they had tied it, figured it was a good thing I wasn't watching, then turned it off again. I turned it on with 10 minutes remaining and saw TFC was ahead. I tempted fate and kept watching, just about the time that Atlanta threw the kitchen sink at them. I just marvel at the grit this team has show this playoff run. I'm also happy that neither Atlanta nor LAFC can really compare to TFC 2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievable. We had no business winning that game but Westberg and the boys somehow pulled it off.

This break should help us going into the final. We need to be close to full strength to have a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now this is how you call a football game
    https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...ronto-fc/recap

night and day vs tsn commentators. no trivia, no useless chit chat. i can't believe how truly awful Wileman and Caldwell are.
    I dare anyone here to say caldwell and wileman are good commentators after listening to the above 4 minute clip.
    I would go so far to as to say that if anyone here thinks they are good, this individuals opinions on anything will be completely disgarded by me at that person is an idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that was a pleasant surprise/shocker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I have to admit, I turned off the game after the first goal as I was afraid that I would cause them to ship more goals if I kept watching. Then I turned it on again at about the 54th minute and saw they had tied it, figured it was a good thing I wasn't watching, then turned it off again. I turned it on with 10 minutes remaining and saw TFC was ahead. I tempted fate and kept watching, just about the time that Atlanta threw the kitchen sink at them. I just marvel at the grit this team has show this playoff run. I'm also happy that neither Atlanta nor LAFC can really compare to TFC 2017.
    i turned the sound down as i couldnt listen to caldwell and wileman, is that similar to your situation?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another smash & grab away from home under Bradley's stoic leadership He has TFC believing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Unbelievable. We had no business winning that game but Westberg and the boys somehow pulled it off.

This break should help us going into the final. We need to be close to full strength to have a shot.
    Vanney changing formation on the fly (and having trained his team to do that) was key to the win. It wasn't random luck or just team spirit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a cynical gameplan for TFC, but it worked: They took advantage of MLS’s terrible ref and a quirk of the playoffs – yellow cards no longer matter. So they collected as many yellows as they could, one at a time, a different player each time. And when the ref (Kelly) was too chicken to hand Bradley a well-deserved second yellow, he may as well have joined the team. And then TFC really threw sportsmanship overboard when they fouled Nagbe and didn’t put the ball out of play (which Atlanta had done at least once that I can remember) and scored. And then I guess VAR didn’t care either (I was at the game, haven’t seen the TV version).Looking forward to seeing Seattle trounce Toronto, a team luckier than good.
    And yes, I’m bitter about it. Not because we didn’t get to the Cup – this was a successful season regardless – but because we lost to a team not interested in playing soccer, and the league can’t/won’t do anything to fix it in the future.

What game is this fuckface talking about?!

LMAO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    now this is how you call a football game
    https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...ronto-fc/recap

night and day vs tsn commentators. no trivia, no useless chit chat. i can't believe how truly awful Wileman and Caldwell are.
    I dare anyone here to say caldwell and wileman are good commentators after listening to the above 4 minute clip.
    I would go so far to as to say that if anyone here thinks they are good, this individuals opinions on anything will be completely disgarded by me at that person is an idiot.
    I watched the US feed and the professionalism and caliber of insight and feel for the game... was just miles above what we get.

They also had a very good handle on what TFC were doing, eg...”top teams in these situations know that you don’t care about the card, once accumulation stops, you take that chance of a card every time, you must stop the attack by whatever means are available”
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the goal: I guarantee you Atlanta were bitching post game about the fact that the ref didn’t call the foul, their guy went down, and TFC played on in the buildup. To which I say: ATL guys were repeatedly going down like they had been shot. The ref was sick of it. TFC had zero obligation to put the ball out, for the same reason. Hey Atlanta, you want to play Conmebol football, fine, you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

A pint for the person who makes a GIF out of the Guzan surrender windmill thing he did before DeLeon fired the shot.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-31-2019 at 03:56 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”