Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck*ng grinded it out. Fuck*ng smash and grab. But we'll take it. Still a fuck*ng good team. Soon to be fuck*ng great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing so many comments from Atlanta fans saying it hurts but they're with them through the good and bad.

Oh ffs. They think they know bad? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Fuck*ng grinded it out. Fuck*ng smash and grab. But we'll take it. Still a fuck*ng good team. Soon to be fuck*ng great!

F*cking right, bud. Get the fuc* in. F*cking beasts.
    Last edited by Brooker; 10-31-2019 at 05:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really feared the worst when I saw Alan Kelly was the ref, and was proved right time and time again. But we still won! Poor old MLS, their darlings in the east, and their darlings in the west, both miss out on MLS Cup.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter Galindo highlights in detail how Vanney shifting formation hurt their attack and won the game.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-...mls-cup-final/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post

What game is this fuckface talking about?!

LMAO

Holy shit where is this from

Edit: the quote, not the gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick Deleon: mover of mountains; scorer of unworldly goals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so fucking proud of this team!! 2016 and 2017 was all skill and we pretty much expected results, but this team is different. As confident as I was in the summer that we'd at least be in the playoffs, even I didn't expect this...and its because THIS team is all heart, balls of fucking steel!!!

And maybe this isn't the time to do it but it has to be said...shame, shame, shame on people who doubted Vanney and Captain Bradley...simply, we are not here without both of them. In a word, culture.
    Let's get another star!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Holy shit where is this from

Edit: the quote, not the gif

One of the Atlanta supporters boards. Reddit.... or maybe somewhere else. Can't remember. I still havent slept. I work nights. I'm still buzzing.

Hilarious.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still buzzing. A fucking good team we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more shocked people are saying they preferred the FS1 feed over TSN than I was about Deleon's goal. If you love a bunch of guys calling that penalty an obvious one, so no VAR needed and saying "You can just feel Atlanta is about to score" then you'll love FS1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    We're going to lose this match due to poor squad building and that's really it. Not having a real back-up to your constantly injured striker is a bad plan. Who knew.
    I love you man, but you sure know how to put those size 10's in your mouth. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    I'm more shocked people are saying they preferred the FS1 feed over TSN than I was about Deleon's goal. If you love a bunch of guys calling that penalty an obvious one, so no VAR needed and saying "You can just feel Atlanta is about to score" then you'll love FS1.

I prefer any US network over tsn for all sports.
    Yes the one guy was a Damn homer, the other guy was good, had a lot of good stats on tfc.

Actually mentioned tfc down fall due to champions league.

The game before was nice as their was a Mexican commentator who was really good.

The homer from last night tho dude talked just as much if not more than Caldwell

I dislike Caldwell. I either watch US feed.
    Or Spanish feed.
    Or mute tsn and listen to music.

Prefer Spanish, as commentator are more exciting and no better goal call than in Spanish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    and saying "You can just feel Atlanta is about to score" then you'll love FS1.
    It’s funny they said that because to me in this game they always looked like the team that was going to outplay the opposition but NOT score.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-31-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else watching the FS1 feed notice De Boer said he expected to win the game while being interviewed at half time?

Schomke and a pancake fooooker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I watched the US feed and the professionalism and caliber of insight and feel for the game... was just miles above what we get.

They also had a very good handle on what TFC were doing, eg...”top teams in these situations know that you don’t care about the card, once accumulation stops, you take that chance of a card every time, you must stop the attack by whatever means are available”
    A few people here have said they watched the USA feed. I didn't know you could do that??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    A few people here have said they watched the USA feed. I didn't know you could do that??
    Easy. You go to Germany, where your DAZN subscription works like a charm, and you get access to the DAZN Germany rights package, which includes MLS playoffs (unlike DAZN Canada, which only includes regular season)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen some talk on whether Endoh was in an offside position and blocked the view of Guzon on Benezet's goal. Was play stopped after the goal and did VAR have a look?
    Any thoughts to this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    I have seen some talk on whether Endoh was in an offside position and blocked the view of Guzon on Benezet's goal. Was play stopped after the goal and did VAR have a look?
    Any thoughts to this?
    I recall that on TV there seemed to be a pause after the goal, but all the camera shots were zoomed in on players/Vanney (who did look a bit puzzled). So perhaps they thought about looking at it and let it go (which might have been their attempt to make up for the PK to not go any further, idk)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any thoughts to this?
    Restart was delayed to review, ref had finger to ear, play on. Goalie saw the start of the shot and maybe lost sight of a part of the flight but no movement towards the ball in any way so it would be tough to call interference there.

Watched at the Cinesphere with the Footytalks group and it was a blast. That place has never, ever been that loud. Apparently the first sporting event to be shown there though we were a bit pissed when they cut off the broadcast before the cup was presented.....watched it later on recording

so buzzed. so tired. so f*cking happy. The last 5(?!?!) minutes of extra time were insane. that scramble in the box would have ended up in our net years ago but we pulled it off.

One. More. Win (this year) lets do this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FS1 call noticed immediately the importance of Endoh’s run as a dummy. They never said anything about a review.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    Restart was delayed to review, ref had finger to ear, play on. Goalie saw the start of the shot and maybe lost sight of a part of the flight but no movement towards the ball in any way so it would be tough to call interference there.

Watched at the Cinesphere with the Footytalks group and it was a blast. That place has never, ever been that loud. Apparently the first sporting event to be shown there though we were a bit pissed when they cut off the broadcast before the cup was presented.....watched it later on recording

so buzzed. so tired. so f*cking happy. The last 5(?!?!) minutes of extra time were insane. that scramble in the box would have ended up in our net years ago but we pulled it off.

One. More. Win (this year) lets do this.
    Curious was it full?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Curious was it full?
    not really. the front rows would have been terrible. They said they had given out their allotment of tickets so I think it was by design. maybe just under half of the seats used but it was super loud when the goals went in and at the end. good group of fans with a couple starting chants. some streamers tossed. IMO better than a random pub like Brazen Head but I will admit to never being to Joes to watch a game with the RPB. I'm sure with that group a pub would be just perfect.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any thoughts to this?
    Good call, I thought the same thing... in Premier League they probably would have judged that he influenced the play (he literally ducks) but the crazy thing about MLS is their interpretation when VAR comes into play. They paused for a bit but no overturn. You can plainly see that the linesman doesn't raise his flag.

We were also discussing the obvious handball in the Seattle game and I was told that because it was a cross and no LAFC player was close by, the play continues on although if that had have been on the attacking player and it lead to a goal it would be called back... who knew.

Would be interested in knowing what the actual MLS rule, if there is one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

14 hours later...still can't believe it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Theres some big decisions with starting lineup, Larya and Deleon have made much greater contributions over Auro and endoh. Then there is Ciman vs Gonzalez ... I think you gotta give all 3 the start even thought the others especially Ciman got you there.
    endoh is there to tire them out
    Layrea's a greater impact when the other team is tired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    14 hours later...still can't believe it.
    It is inexplicable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley's 200 match for tfc will be the mls cup '19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    not really. the front rows would have been terrible. They said they had given out their allotment of tickets so I think it was by design. maybe just under half of the seats used but it was super loud when the goals went in and at the end. good group of fans with a couple starting chants. some streamers tossed. IMO better than a random pub like Brazen Head but I will admit to never being to Joes to watch a game with the RPB. I'm sure with that group a pub would be just perfect.
    joes was fantastic. Tons of chants. RPB flags, etc etc . Will be great for the final if you are able to go to Seattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Good call, I thought the same thing... in Premier League they probably would have judged that he influenced the play (he literally ducks) but the crazy thing about MLS is their interpretation when VAR comes into play. They paused for a bit but no overturn. You can plainly see that the linesman doesn't raise his flag.

We were also discussing the obvious handball in the Seattle game and I was told that because it was a cross and no LAFC player was close by, the play continues on although if that had have been on the attacking player and it lead to a goal it would be called back... who knew.

Would be interested in knowing what the actual MLS rule, if there is one.
    At the time I didn’t see anything in Endoh run. Goalie didn’t look unsighted, unless by his own players

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How exactly could it be Endoh when Endoh was replace by Laryea at the half?

Mullins?