Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    You don't understand because it made no sense. Whoops.

I don't know how I got it in my head Seattle would be hosting... so yes, I definitely agree, they're very likely to park it as the away team. LAFC has so much quality though and Seattle isn't the defensive rock they used to be.

I can't see LAFC not taking it, but either way we have a juicy match up in the finals if we can make it. It's either a tiebreaker against Seattle in their barn or we defend 2017 TFC's place as the best MLS team of all time.
    Ha! I thought I was losing my mind or something. Yeah, Seattle is not the same defensive team. But anything can happen in one game. They beat us after all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current odds to win MLS Cup:

Oddschecker

LAFC 11/18 Atlanta 4/1 Seattle 7/1 Toronto 7/1

Odds Portal:

LAFC 1.61-1 Atlanta 4.5-1 Seattle 8-1 Toronto 8-1

My Bookie:

LAFC -105 Atlanta +350 Seattle +700 Toronto +700

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been wanting to post here for a while so it's good to be back! There has been so many positives from TFC the last two matches that i'm excited to take a swing at Atlanta. They look shaky at the back. To the poster above who said the league wants LA to win I disagree they are trying to make Atlanta the new Galaxy I find Atlanta a very very unlikeable team that dives around a lot we will have to keep our composure. I'm interested at Atlanta at home when they are up a goal it seems from an outsiders perspective they allow so few goals against at home. We will have to generate scoring chances from wing play and force them to play defence which is something they hate, I expect a lot of rolling around and faking and bad sportsmanship. If they feel threatened they will be rolling around any chance they get. The team that made the finals in Mexico a lot of those guys are still here and played in many big matches before. The hostility won't get to our guys or shake us. I was watching the end of them vs Philly and the ref waved away a stonewall penalty for Philly and refused to Book Atlanta for several dirty challenges. I feel like a bunch of fouls won't be called and we will be hacked repeatedly without cards and in the box. Score first and play on the front foot as much as possible you can't back up against Atlanta they have too much offensive firepower if we go into it looking to counter the whole match we lose 3-0. I'm excited both the TFC and Raptors championship have done a lot for my Toronto sports confidence and our guys will come in fired up. Endoh is one of my favourites so I want to give him a start he will step up and cause Atlanta problems and Altidore is always good for a big goal and I think he might have another in him. Sorry for the long post excited to be back on here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC - Atlanta Game:

Atlanta Draw Toronto
    1.72 4.1 4.2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo played really, really well in NY.
    I'm just a little worried he plays less well with Jozy on the field.
    Poz plays well with fast moving parts running all around him. When we play Jozy there are less players crashing the net. Without Jozy we seemed to have attacks with 3 or more players.
    On the other hand, we also played really well at LAFC when they were both on the field.
    Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Current odds to win MLS Cup:

Oddschecker

LAFC 11/18 Atlanta 4/1 Seattle 7/1 Toronto 7/1

Odds Portal:

LAFC 1.61-1 Atlanta 4.5-1 Seattle 8-1 Toronto 8-1

My Bookie:

LAFC -105 Atlanta +350 Seattle +700 Toronto +700
    I check the outright odds every week. A month before the season ended I believe we were around
    40, then 30, started playoffs at 20. Now 8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matteo30 View Post
    I have been wanting to post here for a while so it's good to be back! There has been so many positives from TFC the last two matches that i'm excited to take a swing at Atlanta. They look shaky at the back. To the poster above who said the league wants LA to win I disagree they are trying to make Atlanta the new Galaxy I find Atlanta a very very unlikeable team that dives around a lot we will have to keep our composure. I'm interested at Atlanta at home when they are up a goal it seems from an outsiders perspective they allow so few goals against at home. We will have to generate scoring chances from wing play and force them to play defence which is something they hate, I expect a lot of rolling around and faking and bad sportsmanship. If they feel threatened they will be rolling around any chance they get. The team that made the finals in Mexico a lot of those guys are still here and played in many big matches before. The hostility won't get to our guys or shake us. I was watching the end of them vs Philly and the ref waved away a stonewall penalty for Philly and refused to Book Atlanta for several dirty challenges. I feel like a bunch of fouls won't be called and we will be hacked repeatedly without cards and in the box. Score first and play on the front foot as much as possible you can't back up against Atlanta they have too much offensive firepower if we go into it looking to counter the whole match we lose 3-0. I'm excited both the TFC and Raptors championship have done a lot for my Toronto sports confidence and our guys will come in fired up. Endoh is one of my favourites so I want to give him a start he will step up and cause Atlanta problems and Altidore is always good for a big goal and I think he might have another in him. Sorry for the long post excited to be back on here!
    I was such a dummy for not betting on Atlanta in the Atlanta vs Philadelphia game. As if this league is going to throw away 4M USD by having the game in Philly vs Atlanta.
    Philadelphia was really good against NYRB
    They didn't show up for the Atlanta game
    As tfc fans we better pray lafc wins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha you used my thread title idea from the last game thread. Thanks Og

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi10 View Post
    Do we know what the away section is? Flights booked already!
    We're going too. Does anyone know what section?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    Apparently 229 is the usual away section which is greyed out on ticketmaster. I ended up grabbing just across the aisle in 230.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    As much as I would love to see TFC win, I feel like there isn't too much pressure to win. Regardless LAFC will be almost impossible to beat (the league wants them to win) so there isn't much pressure and we have already had a memorable season.

I truly believe we win MLS Cup next year no matter what... Bradley will sign as a TAM to replace let's say Gallardo and we will sign another incredible DP and have a very similar team as this year but have a full 34 matches with them (no Gold Cup, no Champions League)
    Bradley will never sign as a tam ever and this hopium idea needs to stop.

Pogba vs. Philly could have had 3 penalties called against him in that game that conveniently was ignored by the refs....so there's a narrative. League may want LAFC vs atl. We must expose pogba at all times.

Our back line will have to be perfect...that us our real question mark. They must defend their quickness.

And has Gallardo fallen out? He looks fine.
    Last edited by Canuckistan; 10-26-2019 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Missing something

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post

He was asked that very question by Kloke

Would you consider taking a differently structured deal than the one you’re on now, perhaps a TAM deal, to stay with TFC next season? Absolutely.

https://theathletic.com/1303155/2019...-john-tavares/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matteo30 View Post
    Thats how it looked against Philly. If they are going to do that, might as well foul them properly and make it hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pogba vs. Philly could have had 3 penalties called against him in that game that conveniently was ignored by the refs
    ....so there's a narrative. League may want LAFC vs atl. We must expose pogba at all times.

Our back line will have to be perfect...that us our real question mark. They must defend their quickness.

Agree with both of those. They have exploited our slow CB's. But OG/ Mavinga or Ciman/Mavinga offer a different challenge.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta took a very South American approach to MLS in their first season and a half - lots of rolling around and pleading - doesn't work with MLS refs because we are a very CONCACAF league - hard tackles, lots of body tackles.

Eventually Tata learned his team needed to CONCACAF more - go to ground but then rub your shins, play the delay game, take umbrage, get in people's faces, do the fouls necessary to let them know you are there and they can't make a fool out of you.

Under De Boer, they are actually quite good at the CONCACAF thing now.

But we are masters at these dark arts too. And unlike every other team in this league, we are not afraid of the Benz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke with TFC FO they said details will be available on Monday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pogba vs. Philly could have had 3 penalties called against him in that game that conveniently was ignored by the refs....so there's a narrative. League may want LAFC vs atl. We must expose pogba at all times.

I don't believe Gallardo has fallen out.
    Endoh offers more defense.
    He is a real pain in the butt to the opponent.
    I haven't done this but I bet the goals scored on tfc is really low when he is in the pitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mullins is a gamer. I think he has a big goal in him Wednesday. Just a feeling.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the past two days the odds have swing by around 2% in tfc favor.
    This would imply to me that jozy and Omar are playing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Mullins is a gamer. I think he has a big goal in him Wednesday. Just a feeling.
    inclined to agree, has been a decent trade so far. Good back up striker who doesnt mind the role and can put it out there when needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi10 View Post
    Apparently 229 is the usual away section which is greyed out on ticketmaster. I ended up grabbing just across the aisle in 230.
    call the SSH line. For NYC they had a link set up (by NYCFC I think) that got us tickets in the away section at a decent price. Maybe they will have the same. Unfortunately I cannot travel this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care if Jozy's crippled at the present time I'm putting him in the 18 even if it's just to put him on a minute before the game goes to penalties. Surely he can take a spot kick if required and with all of the games we've lost on penalties ... he's one of the few who can take one. I'm fed up with the disappointment of losing on penalties so if there's a possibility of the game going there I'm hoping Vanney's been preparing for it. Bradley, Osorio etc. have missed too many. Time to rethink who should be on the field at that point and hopefully it includes some other options in practice this week ... Benezet ... Mullins etc. to see if they're any better ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the sounds of Vanney yesterday from practice, Altidore is at best going to be on the bench... he still isn’t shooting the ball.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    From the sounds of Vanney yesterday from practice, Altidore is at best going to be on the bench... he still isn’t shooting the ball.
    He was supposed to start on Monday. We'll see.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Miles Robinson was just ruled out of Atlanta's line-up for the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Don't put much stock into anything you hear, Vanney won't want Atlanta to prepare one way or the other. For all we know he was shooting balls a week ago. Smoke and mirrors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think we have talked about this enough, but Westburg has made some HUGE saves in both games in the playoffs. I’ve always harped on Bono for his ball distribution, but Westburg is one of the better keepers in the MLS at it, which has helped a tons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Don't put much stock into anything you hear, Vanney won't want Atlanta to prepare one way or the other. For all we know he was shooting balls a week ago. Smoke and mirrors
    Yeah, exactly!
    If I was Vanney and if Josy was perfectly healthy and game fit by now, I would come out with the same answers about his possibility of playing any role in Wednesday's game, leaving more hints that at best he will play max 20 minutes or so... Plus I would instruct everybody in the team's inner circle under penalty of death to not say a word about Josy's situation. I would not let anyone not in the inner circle of TFC seeing how Josy is training.

What I do think is he may play, but no more than 30 minutes, if needed. The major problem is that even if he would be game fit, he's not played for too much time in a official match (3 weeks, 1 month?), and more often than not he'll need playing minutes before getting up to full potential.

So at best we may have the chance to see a fully impactful Josy only if we'll qualify for the final.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 10-29-2019 at 04:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping this is some serious mind games...

Neil Davidson
    @NeilMDavidson

3m

No Jozy Altidore at training in Atlanta. Looks like he did not make the trip. Will have more when team speaks after practice. #TFCLive