Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roll out the same line up except with Omar in for Ciman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy did fly to/from NYC separately from the team last week. So perhaps he'll just be a late arrival? One can hope...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheeler with the update

Follow up MRI for Altidore, and he’ll be flying to Atlanta later today, according to Vanney from #TFCLive

training. Chances are slim he’ll play a part, but hasn’t been ruled out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great if Altidore can be there but I really hope they don't take any risks that can cause long term issues. Who knows, we may need him even more for MLS Cup if that should be our fate.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would like him now in order to be there in 11 days - if Jozy not cleared to go, then we figure it out. Don't need a banger against Atlanta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Sportsnet: Jozy absent from training and back home for another MRI.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/inju...aid-back-home/

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

EDIT: looks like he may fly to Atlanta after (article slightly older than Twitter updates). Good news is that Omar could be ready to go!
    Last edited by pfk; 10-29-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Great if Altidore can be there but I really hope they don't take any risks that can cause long term issues. Who knows, we may need him even more for MLS Cup if that should be our fate.....
    If that's the case, you'd want him to get some minutes under him in this one.

Fingers crossed, then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore will not start per KJ. He MIGHT be available off the bench. Jesus Jozy... this campaign has been really disappointing, and I’m a Jozy guy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He isn't flying there to be on the bench - He's going for moral support. I'd be shocked if he shows up on the lineup card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point. Got to just forget about Altidore.
    He can play next season.
    Got to work with what's guaranteed available now.
    Let Vanney the maestro take us to the Promise Land's front door for the third time

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He isn't flying there to be on the bench - He's going for moral support. I'd be shocked if he shows up on the lineup card.
    This is my gut feel too. Vanney has said already he is playing safe with not having the possibility of having to sub a guy out in the first half due to coming back too early so if not already in full training I don't think he is even in the 18. Just moral support as you said. You can't take risks in these one off games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we lose tomorrow, it's not because Jozy is injured.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team without Jozy is clicking so well, it could actually be an advantage to not have him back yet.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even when Jozy comes back from injury it usually takes him three games to get back into form. I don’t feel we have time for that. At best it’s looking like a super sub in the finals if we make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Penso + Salazar combination and the fake Bandwagon of Atlanta fans, and unlikeable arrogant players. They are such a "likeable group" I got into one of there exclusive practices...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ukFUEI5qz8 Would love a bandwagon to be shut down similar to how annoying the golden state was . MLS loves there storylines and treat it live a damn soap opera too bad because there has been some great entertaining matches this post season. About to be ruined by MLS can't wait for them to ignore 3 penalties and lose by one goal but if we get that first goal the dynamic changes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The team without Jozy is clicking so well, it could actually be an advantage to not have him back yet.
    I think Richard said it best in another post...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Great post.

Jozy, Gio, and Bradley all deserve their numbers retired.
    or honored

I think the team is playing very well but to suggest in some sort of fashion that even for 10 minutes, we are not better off having an 80% Jozy (whatever the number is) as an option is crazy.

The good problem we have is that TFC has filled Vanney's cupboards pretty well. But still Vanney knows which of his seven subs isn't playing...no matter what. Moor, Gonzalez, Deleon, Mullins, Bono, Lareya and Gallardo were on the bench last game. if Jozy can play have him there, problem is who do you replace? I like them all for different reasons.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 10-29-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I think Richard said it best in another post...

I think the team is playing very well but to suggest in some sort of fashion that even for 10 minutes, we are not better off having an 80% Jozy (whatever the number is) as an option is crazy.

The good problem we have is that TFC has filled Vanney's cupboards pretty well. But still Vanney knows which of his seven subs isn't playing...no matter what. Moor, Gonzalez, Deleon, Mullins, Bono, Lareya and Gallardo were on the bench last game. if Jozy can play have him there, problem is who do you replace? I like them all for different reasons.

Just my opinion.
    Omar will start, pushing Ciman to the bench which leaves out Moor. Then I think you put in Jozy for Mullins if you want like-for-like, or for Gallardo since he seems to never get in anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Jozy only sees the pitch if we need a goal. I don't know if he'll even make the 18.

I don't think Gallardo gets any minutes in these playoffs either, he's barely played. He's a project for next season. We can only be putting guys out there that we know what we'll get at this point. DeLeon is going to be the wide player sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAME DAY!!!

I am cautiously optimistic. I can't help but feel that this game is ours for the taking. The core of this team knows how to rise to the occasion under pressure. Two years ago we ran the Mexican gauntlet and came within a Delgado sitter from being Champions of Concacaf. Granted this team has seen a fair amount of turnover since then, but there is a core that remains the same. This Atlanta team is beatable and the pressure is all on them. The reigning champs, at home, against a team that is possibly without it's main striker. All the "experts" have already written us off. I like it. Let them crown Atlanta in their pre-game predictions. I relish the underdog role.

With that being said, I can't see Jozy starting. He will probably make the bench as a threat late if needed. But this game calls for speed. Atlanta's backline it foot slow and can be exploited with speed. I think we go with the same line up as the NYC game. The only change I might make is starting Laryea over Morrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this has to happen right here and right now, that we cant lose to a team that was only good as of recent times, I think seattle is waiting for us to continue this derby I call the XBOX Derby because if we have money in Toronto and were able to play Seattle again for their sponsored by XBOX Its the sam reason I think I need my red This is our house jersey from Erin Mills to come down to the stadium sometime soon with someone special if only I could have a coffee or you know, some good old Piwo in the meantime, cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the deepest squad that TFC has ever had. The depth we have right now is a huge advantage for switching tactics mid game and overcoming injuries. We are quietly confident despite Jozy being injured.

Did anyone else look at RuiDiaz’s performance and think that he is looking like the new Giovinco? Would very much like to go to Seattle to see us in the Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Did anyone else look at RuiDiaz’s performance and think that he is looking like the new Giovinco? Would very much like to go to Seattle to see us in the Cup.
    Ruidiaz played really well last night. Definitely the man of the match and his performance was entertaining to watch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a good feeling about tonight. We have so much huge experience in the past few years in huge, competitive games. Our experience will be our advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of the outcome, I'm proud of the boys for overcoming adversity and making it this far. It's going to be a very tough environment tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget the boys are riding a 12-game unbeaten streak. I have a good feeling about tonight. We got this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta talk is

"Oh my gosh, we now have a free lane to a repeat"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I have a good feeling about tonight. We have so much huge experience in the past few years in huge, competitive games. Our experience will be our advantage.
    I believe in our last 3 playoff years of 2016, 2017 and 2019 we have not lose one playoff game in regulation time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A part of me thinks Vanney comes out with a surprise in the lineup. He's done it before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I believe in our last 3 playoff years of 2016, 2017 and 2019 we have not lose one playoff game in regulation time!
    We lost the first leg against Montreal in 2016 3-2 and the second leg against NYRB 1-0 in 2017, although we were able to win each of these over the two legs.