Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I hope the cap basement goes up to a high enough level that we can stop swooning over nearly every Canadian player in hopes that we can get them here. Or back here.
    Not sure if this is where you’re going with the above but I consider at least some local flavour and domestic content as important.

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Raheem Edwards, anyone?
    Somewhat ironically, Edwards has actually been protected. Let’s hope this kid can still salvage a career. I think he has more upside than Laryea TBH.

https://www.chicago-fire.com/post/2019/11/16/chicago-fire-announces-protected-players-advance-2019-mls-expansion-draft
    Last edited by ag futbol; 11-16-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Expansion Draft Eligible Player list has been released: https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/1...xpansion-draft

• Jon Bakero
    • Nicolas Benezet
    • Laurent Ciman
    • Tsubasa Endoh
    • Drew Moor
    • Ashtone Morgan
    • Justin Morrow
    • Patrick Mullins
    • Caleb Patterson-Sewell
    • Ryan Telfer
    • Eriq Zavaleta

Full MLS list here: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...le-player-list
    Last edited by pfk; 11-16-2019 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added MLS list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So they protected Bono and exposed Morrow. Did they really think Bono would move given his salary?

Wow.

I would grab Morrow if I were GM of one of the expansion teams. Great veteran leadership guy, played in every chmpionship game for us, who can still play.

This is going to bum me out.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-16-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could select half of our championship back 4 with Beita and Morrow exposed...interesting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Not sure if this is where you’re going with the above but I consider at least some local flavour and domestic content as important.
    Only if they're good and not just selected because of birthplace. We did that already and stunk out the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Only if they're good and not just selected because of birthplace. We did that already and stunk out the league.
    I can’t see anywhere in our history that an over reliance on Canadians was the cause of the issues the club faced, and recently, it’s more the opposite - Canadians not developing the way they could / should / might - its one of the blind spots of the otherwise very good work Vanney does.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping they don't pick Morrow or Endoh and do pick Zavaleta. Best for Zavaleta and best for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Hoping they don't pick Morrow or Endoh and do pick Zavaleta. Best for Zavaleta and best for TFC.
    Pretty unlikely on those wages. But agreed he needs a new start. Like Chappy

Interesting that no one seems to mind if they take Benezet. Nice player, but not what was hoped I think. One great moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is zero chance Zavs gets picked. There are a ton of good cheap younger players, or good veteran starters that are on Zavs type money.

He will be bought out.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow is going to be the first guy picked, I bet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow is going to be the first guy picked, I bet.
    It is odd Bono was protected over Morrow.

If he goes then Auro and Laryea start. Not sure that’s good enough. Are there fullbacks coming up through TFC2? Or wingers we can convert? Telfer?

Zavaleta does need to go. Ciman Omar Mavinga is very strong and then players like Dunn need a chance
    Last edited by MightyDM; 11-16-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Protecting bono is dumb unless there is a trade offer on the table? Morrow has declined so maybe they have their eyes on a younger left back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    You could select half of our championship back 4 with Beita and Morrow exposed...interesting
    Beitashour and Morrow have both slowed down since 2017. Endoh was roasting Beitashour on his side our last matchup and Morrow has been sitting back more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get protecting Bono at all. Who exactly do they think rates Bono on $380K? It's bizarre.

Miami acquired a USA U23 GK from the Quakes a few days ago. He cost them $150K in TAM. If you want a more proven option, Portland exposed Jeff Attinela, who has every bit as good a resume as Bono, probably better, and makes $187K.

I would watch Bez here. He is in wheel and deal mode.

Morrow is from Ohio and on $330K represents Deleon type value -the Crew had a big problem at LB when Valenzuela went down, and who knows if/when Valenzuela can play...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF Morrow goes, who is the replacement? Auro & Laryea are too right footed.

Wild speculation here - Miami picks up Morrow - trades him back to us with some Garber bucks for Bono. It wouldn't be the first time a player was protected in order to be traded.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 11-16-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    IF Morrow goes, who is the replacement? Auro & Laryea are too right footed.

Wild speculation here - Miami picks up Morrow - trades him back to us with some Garber bucks for Bono. It wouldn't be the first time a player was protected in order to be traded.
    That is a good speculation. But I would try to pry someone else loose with that move if I were Miami (as they made a pretty major GK move already).

Maybe Delgado. Fraser needs to play,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, the mock draft on the MLS site didn't have any of our guys getting taken.

Are we over concerned?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

Are we over concerned?
    We can only lose one guy. I could see endoh being selected.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I am sorry , really do not see the expansion draft as the place where we see Eriq's departure from TFC. Too many better choices here.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

Are we over concerned?
    I feel the writer of that story was showing off that he “knew” all the cheaper unknown guys.

There are tons of good MLS vets, based on history some (3-4?) will get taken.

Ben Sweat. Morrow. Nguyen. Maybe even Adi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the writer of that story was showing off that he “knew” all the cheaper unknown guys.

Yes, I generally agree. We will lose someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rodriguez unprotected in Seattle. I can’t see both teams passing on Endoh or Morrow....one of them will go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Rodriguez unprotected in Seattle. I can’t see both teams passing on Endoh or Morrow....one of them will go.
    Wow. He turned the game when he came on. Wow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Wow. He turned the game when he came on. Wow.
    The issue with him is salary ($1.5), plus injuries, plus even when healthy he hasn’t been a regular. He's a bit of an enigma.

I personally doubt he moves.

EDIT: I see stories saying he wants to go back to Spain.
    https://www.sounderatheart.com/2019/...eturn-to-spain
    Last edited by ensco; 11-17-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One or two of those veterans will be taken to be traded, like Raheem was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One or two of those veterans will be taken to be traded, like Raheem was.
    They can only take one player from tfc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^That is pretty obviously not what I am saying.

It's that the draft will not just be 10 “Endohs”, there are several attractive “Morrows” - not just ours, but also the names above eg Sweat. Teams may be willing to trade with Miami or Nashville to get them.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-17-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Morrow is going to be picked then... I think there is a way we can get him back right? Like Edwards there was an option to get him back it would be kind of shitty to let him go after his last game in a TFC shirt was giving up an own goal in the finals.. How does this format work can we get him back and give Bono to Miami FC instead not a fan of giving up defenders when we clearly don't have a lot of options in the back. Arguably with a better back line, we end up beating Seattle. We outplayed them the majority of the match. Had it not been for the Own goal we are winning that in extra time and have two stars next year. Morrow was a big part of the runs to the four finals... even if we only won one give him another year. Adversity leads to some of the best years, and our guys have the potential to pull a 2017. We need quality upfront from elsewhere and you don't rip the spine of the team that got you to four finals. And if it's Endoh i'm protecting him too and I don't want a guy that works as hard as Endoh gone he has come along and is getting better and better.. Dissapointing but not surprising can anyone explain the process they can be picked but we can give money to get them back? How does this work...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matteo30 View Post
    So Morrow is going to be picked then... I think there is a way we can get him back right? Like Edwards there was an option to get him back it would be kind of shitty to let him go after his last game in a TFC shirt was giving up an own goal in the finals.. How does this format work can we get him back and give Bono to Miami FC instead not a fan of giving up defenders when we clearly don't have a lot of options in the back. Arguably with a better back line, we end up beating Seattle. We outplayed them the majority of the match. Had it not been for the Own goal we are winning that in extra time and have two stars next year. Morrow was a big part of the runs to the four finals... even if we only won one give him another year. Adversity leads to some of the best years, and our guys have the potential to pull a 2017. We need quality upfront from elsewhere and you don't rip the spine of the team that got you to four finals. And if it's Endoh i'm protecting him too and I don't want a guy that works as hard as Endoh gone he has come along and is getting better and better.. Dissapointing but not surprising can anyone explain the process they can be picked but we can give money to get them back? How does this work...
    It's just making a normal trade after the expansion draft. We could work our a deal where one of the teams picks Morrow and then we trade them some other assets back immediately after the draft to re-acquire him. But it's totally up to Miami and Nashville. If either team just thinks Morrow is a good add to their squad at his salary they can just pick him and keep him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Bono still falls under a former Generation Addidas exemption? Or else TFC still feels he can improve and will have the chance to win his job back next year.