Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Playoffs Second Round - TFC @ NYCFC Wed Oct 23 7pm - In the Citi That Doesn't Sleep

Have at It People

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not feeling that great about Wednesday night, but I guess in this league, who really knows?

As entertaining as that was, we play a very rested team in four days, having just gone 120 minutes with a depleted lineup. Ciman and Mavinga got beat up. Delgado too.

Need Jozy for this one.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Not feeling that great about Wednesday night, but I guess in this league, who really knows?

As entertaining as that was, we play a very rested team in four days, having just gone 120 minutes with a depleted lineup. Ciman and Mavinga got beat up. Delgado too.

Need Jozy for this one.
    I agree generally. Mavinga, Delgado, Altidore, and Gonzalez all with potential injuries for Wednesday. Ciman got his hand stepped on badly; I'm not sure what else. And all the other starters tired, after a hard-fought game with overtime.

I think Citi Field might also have a smaller field than normal? For once this might help a bit, if our players don't have to run as much. However they're going to need some really smart tactics for that game, and for a number of players to really step up (both regulars and folks that are normally on the bench, or not even in the 18).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Road trip!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who scheduled this? Why do we only get 3 days off in the playoffs? Ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be a tough game to get a result. How can you not have a full week between games in the playoffs is mind boggling.

I think Vanney said Jozy and Omar would be ready for wed. So that helps with some squad rotation.

I liked what I saw when Auro and Laryea were both playing on the right side. Either move Auro to LB cause Morrow went a full 120 or play Auro and Laryea at RW.

Westburg
    Auro-Omar-Ciman-Morrow
    Poz-Bradley-Oso
    Laryea-Jozy-Benezet

Maybe Deleon gets a start? Moor could probably play 90 on the small pitch. Decisions....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand they're trying to shoehorn the playoffs between the international breaks, but they could have done it on weekends. I'm guessing they don't want to have to go up against College and Pro Football on Saturdays and Sundays. 4 days, then 6 days, then 11 days? I would think games every weekend would be better. TV deals and media availability rules, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I understand they're trying to shoehorn the playoffs between the international breaks, but they could have done it on weekends. I'm guessing they don't want to have to go up against College and Pro Football on Saturdays and Sundays. 4 days, then 6 days, then 11 days? I would think games every weekend would be better. TV deals and media availability rules, I guess.
    That's exactly it. I remember reading that the League discovered they would get better ratings with mid-week playoff games. The conference finals are mid-week too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    They should start the season a week earlier (let the warm/mildly warm cities start at home). Go back to top 6 make the playoffs. Do the one off wild card games before the October international window. Then you can back to the home/away semi and conference finals. Make the finals the weekend after the November window. The old way was better, but needed a little tweak, not complete overhaul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    They should start the season a week earlier (let the warm/mildly warm cities start at home). Go back to top 6 make the playoffs. Do the one off wild card games before the October international window. Then you can back to the home/away semi and conference finals. Make the finals the weekend after the November window. The old way was better, but needed a little tweak, not complete overhaul.
    I doubt they will ever go back to two-legged affairs, as much as I'd prefer it. No home games in the playoffs is garbage for the fans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    I doubt they will ever go back to two-legged affairs, as much as I'd prefer it. No home games in the playoffs is garbage for the fans.
    Makes regular season more meaningful. Want home playoff advantage? Play better regular season games

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing at Citi Field is going to be crap, its somewhere that does not have much experience with setting up a pitch and this one will be more or less no where near the seats. The league should have brokered a deal to play this at Red Bull Arena. The Red Bull are at Philly to its empty Wednesday night.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Playing at Citi Field is going to be crap, its somewhere that does not have much experience with setting up a pitch and this one will be more or less no where near the seats. The league should have brokered a deal to play this at Red Bull Arena. The Red Bull are at Philly to its empty Wednesday night.
    Playing at RBA, their biggest rival and NYCFC’s insistence on playing games in the five boroughs would have damaged NYCFC’s legitimacy as a club beyond repair. They would rather play in baseball stadiums in the boroughs than play in Harrison, New Jersey.

Speaking of which, Yankees Stadium is open again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    I agree with this 100%. Why on earth they are playing in a baseball stadium that is not theirs rather than a soccer stadium that is not theirs is mind boggling.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Citi field has more space. But NYC has said it will be set up to the same dimensions as at Yankee Stadium. But then most observers think NYC lie about how small those dimensions actually are at Yankee Stadium.

The issue for both teams will be the sightlines - once you are used to Yankee stadium, you know where the background is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Makes regular season more meaningful. Want home playoff advantage? Play better regular season games
    Makes the Supporters Shield race all the more valuable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any chance for another game at bmo this year? Or not matter what will tfc be playing away?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metaxa View Post
    Is there any chance for another game at bmo this year? Or not matter what will tfc be playing away?
    Only 1 team left that is lower then us in seeding - NYRB. If they beat Philly & Atlanta, we would play them here in the Conference finals.

We will not play the MLS Cup Final here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYRB with the early lead in philly. The possibility of an additional home game still exists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andre Blake shocker, flapping at a corner way over his head and Red Bulls are up 2-0.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blake is having a shocker

3-1 for NYRB who are finally playing like they used to under Marsch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rbny are up 3-1 at half. This game is crazy with seemingly no defence and tons of mistakes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This twitter account really knows its stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tie game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Philadelphia team is very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more games at BMO this year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    No more games at BMO this year
    Unless us and LA make the final. Other then that Nope. No more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPALE View Post
    Unless us and LA make the final. Other then that Nope. No more
    No TFC finished with less points during the regular season than any of the remaining playoff teams in the west so even if TFC makes the MLS Cup final they can’t host. Also TFC finished with the less amount of points than the remaining teams in the east so TFC can’t host anymore playoff games in the east .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAG had more points then us - they would get the final.