Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 281
  1. #241
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Not sure about boring, or stealing a winner... TFC up 6-1 in shots; 4-1 in shots on target. 52% possession, and more meaningful: almost double the number of passes in the attacking half compared to NYC (184 to 98).

    Too bad we don't have a real striker to play. Pozuelo doing well overall, but why does he ALWAYS seem to chip the ball?
    Didn’t age well...

  2. #242
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    We are running on fumes. The 120 minutes Saturday starting to bite.
    That’s how it looked to us at that moment. Fumes. Then something drove us forward and for me it was Bradley, plus the subs.

  3. #243
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    That was the most gutsy playoff win in our history. Unbelievable.
    No. But it is great.

  4. #244
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Lets go to Seattle and win the fucking cup. Trilogy fight. C'mon to fuck!!!!!
    This.

  5. #245
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    Best part is Gonzalez gets more rest and will be 100% for the next match. If Jozy's fit then that's a bonus, but one thing is sure and that is that TFC are on fire right now. WE have been getting better and better ever since Omar came on board and it shows.
    Not sure he gets the start. Ciman has earned it.

  6. #246
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,497
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ciman had his usual heart-in-mouth challenges but he showed up for sure. Mavinga has been spotless, also.

    If Gonzalez is fully fit I still put him in though.

  7. #247
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mataritta's Wiki has been adjusted. Good for a laugh

  8. #248
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    Ok come on, who been teaching Poz the special words
    The interview is now up on TSN with the "special words" beeped out, lol.

  9. #249
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Laryea is a STUD, he’s been doing it for Canada and TFC all year, he’s becoming a legit star, maybe emerging into one of the best players in the league, at least at RB.
    Not bad for a guy who has played RB for a whole 6 months now.

  10. #250
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Didn’t age well...
    Why, he even chipped the PK!!

  11. #251
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    Ok come on, who been teaching Poz the special words
    I figured it out, "fucken" is Andalusian for awesome.

  12. #252
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDH View Post
    Mataritta's Wiki has been adjusted. Good for a laugh
    Wow.haha. Salty NYCFC fans.

    “Rónald Alberto Matarrita Ulate (born 9 July 1994), known as Rónald Matarrita, is a Costa Rican professional footballer who plays for New York City in Major League Soccer, as well as the Costa Rica national football team as a defender. He previously played for Alajuelense. Destroyer of great season.Plays worst than a 12 year old kid.“

  13. #253
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Toronto
    Posts
    8,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Wow.haha. Salty NYCFC fans.

    “Rónald Alberto Matarrita Ulate (born 9 July 1994), known as Rónald Matarrita, is a Costa Rican professional footballer who plays for New York City in Major League Soccer, as well as the Costa Rica national football team as a defender. He previously played for Alajuelense. Destroyer of great season.Plays worst than a 12 year old kid.“

    Oh dear. There's more

    Place Of Birth: Toronto

  14. #254
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GUELPH
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well done tonite boys

  15. #255
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  16. #256
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    225 (sometimes)
    Posts
    1,060
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    mullins is soo fucking bad. my god. Jordan hamilton was let go for this ? ffs
    At least Mullins tries which is more than i can say for Hamilton whose track record with columbus shows exactly why TFC traded him.

  17. #257
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    225 (sometimes)
    Posts
    1,060
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll also say i feel sympathy for Mattarita. That must be the lowest feeling in sports.

    sports... the source of such great highs and such terrible lows.

  18. #258
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Whitby
    Posts
    3,750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    Ok come on, who been teaching Poz the special words
    It's Vanney. Watch the latest "All for One".

  19. #259
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andre99 View Post
    brilliant... can we get the full quote and add the We, “we fucking good team”. After all “All For One”...


  20. #260
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    brilliant... can we get the full quote and add the We, “we fucking good team”. After all “All For One”...

    Let’s do it!

  21. #261
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    loll 100% its Vanney

  22. #262
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Lets go to Seattle and win the fucking cup. Trilogy fight. C'mon to fuck!!!!!
    Yeah, we still owe those bastards a home cup defeat.

  23. #263
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    brilliant... can we get the full quote and add the We, “we fucking good team”. After all “All For One”...

    With Poz face and the microphone I'll take 4 thank you very much...
    Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time.

  24. #264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Check out the amazingly up to date photos that Sky decided to go with while describing our win last evening lol. Ricketts, Hagglund, Vieira swing and a miss lol. https://www.skysports.com/football/n...e-in-play-offs

  25. #265
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    Check out the amazingly up to date photos that Sky decided to go with while describing our win last evening lol. Ricketts, Hagglund, Vieira swing and a miss lol. https://www.skysports.com/football/n...e-in-play-offs

    That is hilarious... the RSL/Seattle images are correct but every TFC/NYCFC one are incorrect. Someone at Sky had a brain cramp... Donuts Doh!

  26. #266
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Oh dear. There's more

    Place Of Birth: Toronto
    Other wiki edits included calling him Destroyer of Great season and changing his jersey number to 666

  27. #267
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    I'll also say i feel sympathy for Mattarita. That must be the lowest feeling in sports.

    sports... the source of such great highs and such terrible lows.
    How many times has Laryea done that to defenders this year? He's so dangerous making those runs into the box and beating them on the outside. I think only about half of them got penalty calls too, even though they all should. Glad the ref got it right last night.

  28. #268
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    How many times has Laryea done that to defenders this year? He's so dangerous making those runs into the box and beating them on the outside. I think only about half of them got penalty calls too, even though they all should. Glad the ref got it right last night.
    I wouldn't say all his runs should've been penalties. He would go down way too easily on many of them. I was actually getting a bit annoyed at how easy he would go down, especially after he'd work so hard and not go down only to flop at the first contact once he stepped in the box, thereby preventing an opportunity for a shot or an actual penalty by staying on his feet. Yesterday was clear as day, his legs actually got chopped.

  29. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I wouldn't say all his runs should've been penalties. He would go down way too easily on many of them. I was actually getting a bit annoyed at how easy he would go down, especially after he'd work so hard and not go down only to flop at the first contact once he stepped in the box, thereby preventing an opportunity for a shot or an actual penalty by staying on his feet. Yesterday was clear as day, his legs actually got chopped.
    No, all of them! 😜

  30. #270
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,372
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One thing that Laryea brings that's been missing since 2017 is some CONCACAF-ey play.

    Cooper did it but since then we didn't have a player who pushes the limits of the rules like Laryea does. I think that's an important role to address when playing in our region. I would always have a player like that around.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •