RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Championship rings

So MLSE is continuing the tradition of handing out replica rings with 20,000 being given out opening night for the Raptors.

We got the opportunity to buy a 300 dollar paperweight.

Argos. Marlies. Raptors 905 and now Raptors all get rings, TFC supporters get nothing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not happy about this. Don't get me started....

The many ways TFC Fans get screwed when compared to the other MLSE Teams:
    - we had to pay for championship ring
    - we do not get t-shirts on our seats during playoff matches
    - giveaways and fan appreciation nights are better with the other MLSE Teams.
    - our collector popcorn bucket is not refillable
    - food prizes are better at the Marlies & Argos
    - many TFC Season seat holders had to purchase "The Ransom" pack of TFC Tickets & Marlies tickets just so they could own TFC season seats.
    - other MLSE Season ticket member packages kick ass (i.e. a few years back Raptors STM received large Frame with Photo, piece of net and piece of the wood floor)
    - Game day giveaways are better with the other MLSE teams.
    - Bobbleheads - Marlies give out at least 5 a year, Raptors have done many in the past as well. TFC had only 1 and to get it you had to attend a Marlies game.

-

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but you know what TFC has that the other MLSE teams do not?

The best fucking supporters. US!!!

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTCP View Post

- many TFC Season seat holders had to purchase "The Ransom" pack of TFC Tickets & Marlies tickets just so they could own TFC season seats.
    - other MLSE Season ticket member packages kick ass (i.e. a few years back Raptors STM received large Frame with Photo, piece of net and piece of the wood floor)
    - Bobbleheads - Marlies give out at least 5 a year, Raptors have done many in the past as well. TFC had only 1 and to get it you had to attend a Marlies game.

-
    ...the one freebie we could count on...toques ...did not make an appearance this year- we got pringles

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day its economics and getting a corporate partner to pay for it. Coke for the Marlies , World Financial Group for the Argos etc. The Raptors are huge right now and getting someone like Scotia to pay for a said ring give away would be easy. Just look at it this KIA for the first time in 13 seasons did not pony up for toques. Unless its BMO I just do not see anyone stepping up for a big give away TFC wise.

When you talk about t-shirts on all the seats that's very much a basketball thing because the visuals play a very big part of it. They don't even do it for hockey because with the glass and larger playing surface it just would not be the same. The one time they tried it at BMO was for the Argos first ever home game there and it simply did not work. There were rows of empty seats with the shirts falling on the ground, I ended up with a handful, we use them in the country for work shirts ( :

Back to the TFC ring, the same company that made them for all the give aways also made the replica MLS Cup ring that was given away by MLSE to all the part time staff , ushers, tickettakers, security, waitstaff etc. Lots ended up being sold for quite cheap, I ended up with one via a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTCP View Post

-

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fans of all other MLSE teams also pay more per average game. And they have more games in a season as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The night before a playoff game and people want to talk about this?

Seba had a REALLY good point last year early in the season.

STOP TALKING ABOUT 2017

Its done - move on

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think this is about 2017. It's just talking about MLSE give aways in general considering they gave no toques away a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The night before a playoff game and people want to talk about this?

Seba had a REALLY good point last year early in the season.

STOP TALKING ABOUT 2017

Its done - move on

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I know I just find it annoying.

I don't want a ring as gratitude for my support - I want another star on their jersey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah, I know I just find it annoying.

I don't want a ring as gratitude for my support - I want another star on their jersey
    I want the star and the hat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

End zone lower bowl season tickets for Raptors average $115 per game. If you want to increase your ticket cost for supporters section by 800%, I’m sure they’ll give you a free ring the next time they win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    End zone lower bowl season tickets for Raptors average $115 per game. If you want to increase your ticket cost for supporters section by 800%, I’m sure they’ll give you a free ring the next time they win.
    Well...you have to compare salaries as well if you're going down that road.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention Raptors 905 gave away replica rings to SSH at the first game of their 2018 run. Granted, that's likely a couple of thousand people (tix were $98 for the season) but still.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Not to mention Raptors 905 gave away replica rings to SSH at the first game of their 2018 run. Granted, that's likely a couple of thousand people (tix were $98 for the season) but still.
    I believe the 905 rings were limited to the first 1,500 fans through the gate if I remember correctly. Its all about getting a partner to pay for them and with the Marlies and Raptors 905 they are part of a bigger picture. Getting someone to pay for for even 10,000 TFC rings would be a much harder sell than say the 20,000 Raptor ones that are being given away tomorrow. Companies want to be associated with Raptors right now in a big way.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing is that rings that were given away at the Raptors season opener have been made available for $20 on Baron's website. This has not stopped some from being sold on Ebay for upwards of $250-300. LOL

https://raptorschampionshipring.com/...p-replica-ring

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    ...the one freebie we could count on...toques ...did not make an appearance this year- we got pringles
    Hey man, I was there early that game and didn't get any Pringles.....I saw a few people walking around with Pringles though...now I feel even worse....haha.