Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 2348
  1. #241
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another of my favourite balotelli stories

  2. #242
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You think Giovinco would lose his shit when the crummy Delgados of the team made a bad pass to him?

    Wait and see how this guy reacts.

  3. #243
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sec. 112
    Posts
    2,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    You think Giovinco would lose his shit when the crummy Delgados of the team made a bad pass to him?

    Wait and see how this guy reacts.
    This actually made me chuckle. You see pozuelo do it a bit too.

  4. #244
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Heck, you see Osorio do it.



    *********

    Moor to the Rapids makes sense as they will find a place to play him & he has more non- MLS contacts down there. He is NOT interested in coaching but would be decent as a colour analyst. I could see him finding a niche in something down there more then here.

    But...still sad to see him go.

  5. #245
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It was fun for a while.

    Last edited by notthesun; 11-25-2019 at 10:00 PM.

  6. #246
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    612
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    It was fun for a while.

    Man, why u gotta kill this dream?? Lol

  7. #247
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,707
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It could still be true ... or they were floating a balloon.

  8. #248
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    It could still be true ... or they were floating a balloon.
    I'd believe KJ, if he says it's completely false, it's completely false. All kinds of crazy rumours come this time of year, some of them sparked by player agents with ulterior motives or by foreign journalists looking for a story where there isn't one.

    Balotelli doesn't fit the pattern of player this team is looking for. I expect a hard working wide player.

  9. #249
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Moor to the Rapids makes sense as they will find a place to play him & he has more non- MLS contacts down there. He is NOT interested in coaching but would be decent as a colour analyst. I could see him finding a niche in something down there more then here.

    But...still sad to see him go.
    This. Always had a feeling he'd retire somewhere in the States and there are connections with it being a former team and Fraser being the coach. Hopefully for him it's the right fit, he deserves that. A class act and probably the best CB in club history so far

  10. #250
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    re: Balo, I think Toronto would be a perfect fit for him in terms of the city, but really doesn't fit the needs of the team right now. Maybe in a couple years when Jozy starts to slow down?

    I'd actually love to see him in Montreal, and they need a center forward there. Plus I'd feel a lot better letting them take the risk of signing them

  11. #251
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'd believe KJ, if he says it's completely false, it's completely false. All kinds of crazy rumours come this time of year, some of them sparked by player agents with ulterior motives or by foreign journalists looking for a story where there isn't one.

    Balotelli doesn't fit the pattern of player this team is looking for. I expect a hard working wide player.
    My opinion here:

    the soccer media community has so few people, the distance between the teams and the reporters is perilously small.

    You have KJ who works for TSN which is owned by Bell which also owns a share of MLSE. You have Caldwell / DeVos who report on the CanMNT and (surprise) they both show up on the bench, presumably as assistant coaches. Thereís very little meaningful independent reporting. There is one anonymous twitter account in Vancouver that appears to have sources and a small platform to say things a club team doesnít like. And even with a small amount of followers it would appear to me the club gets bent out of shape about it.

    If memory serves, didnít KJ hav to backtrack on something earlier this year? Canít immediately remember what it was, imminent signing he denied then the club confirmed latter or something like that. Let me put it this way: Iíd believe him more on confirming a signing was incoming rather than denials.

    Would not be surprised if TFC kicked tires.

  12. #252
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    466
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

    If memory serves, didnít KJ hav to backtrack on something earlier this year? Canít immediately remember what it was, imminent signing he denied then the club confirmed latter or something like that. Let me put it this way: Iíd believe him more on confirming a signing was incoming rather than denials.

    Would not be surprised if TFC kicked tires.
    He confirmed the signing of Jonathan Menendez then later had to retract. Could be truth to this or could be smoke in the wind. Time will tell.

  13. #253
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,700
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In truth, I could totally see him coming to MLS. But TFC seems to me to be about 8th on the list of logical teams.
    ďWhat the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.Ē

  14. #254
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    In truth, I could totally see him coming to MLS. But TFC seems to me to be about 8th on the list of logical teams.
    For sure. MLS would be a rational move for him, LAG would be a great candidate, there are others that would be interested. Montreal could really use him, especially now in the CCL, but I seriously doubt Joey would spring that kind of cash for anyone.

  15. #255
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It seemed to me the person on twitter who floated the rumour was just some guy with no knowledge of anything. Although I didn't really look into his credentials. It didn't ever look like a real rumour.

  16. #256
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,707
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    In truth, I could totally see him coming to MLS. But TFC seems to me to be about 8th on the list of logical teams.
    My initial thought was Miami.

  17. #257
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    My initial thought was Miami.
    But Becks is getting Ronaldo, Messi and Ramos!

  18. #258
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    269
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    For sure. MLS would be a rational move for him, LAG would be a great candidate, there are others that would be interested. Montreal could really use him, especially now in the CCL, but I seriously doubt Joey would spring that kind of cash for anyone.
    Joey also owns Bologna FC. He can offer Balotelli a way out, get some PR points for both Serie A and Montreal while making Bologna the anti-racist club in Italy.

  19. #259
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    269
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It seemed to me the person on twitter who floated the rumour was just some guy with no knowledge of anything. Although I didn't really look into his credentials. It didn't ever look like a real rumour.

    Might be Balotelli's agency looking to test the waters.

  20. #260
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    My opinion here:

    the soccer media community has so few people, the distance between the teams and the reporters is perilously small.

    You have KJ who works for TSN which is owned by Bell which also owns a share of MLSE. You have Caldwell / DeVos who report on the CanMNT and (surprise) they both show up on the bench, presumably as assistant coaches. There’s very little meaningful independent reporting. There is one anonymous twitter account in Vancouver that appears to have sources and a small platform to say things a club team doesn’t like. And even with a small amount of followers it would appear to me the club gets bent out of shape about it.

    If memory serves, didn’t KJ hav to backtrack on something earlier this year? Can’t immediately remember what it was, imminent signing he denied then the club confirmed latter or something like that. Let me put it this way: I’d believe him more on confirming a signing was incoming rather than denials.

    Would not be surprised if TFC kicked tires.
    Love this post. Our "insiders" are literally inside the owners of the team. Some independent reporting would really be a breath of fresh air.

  21. #261
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kloke gets some news.

  22. #262
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fair but it would be nice if he was full-time TFC instead of having his duties split between TFC and the Leafs. I mean I get it, they put him where the eyeballs are...

  23. #263
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Toronto
    Posts
    8,771
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Joey also owns Bologna FC. He can offer Balotelli a way out, get some PR points for both Serie A and Montreal while making Bologna the anti-racist club in Italy.

    Well first of all, Italy will never admit they're such a racist league.

    And secondly, being anti-racist is certainly looked down upon there.

    In my dreams, in some impossible way, their whole league would go bust.

  24. #264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    931
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Opinion: The reason Balotelli is the way he is, is heart breaking. His temper + attitude has been a problem in every team he has played for. This isn't something you "fix" it's a mental problem and it's who he is. Again, that's my opinion from watching and reading about his behaviour but i'm not a doctor. Stay away. TFC can get quality players.
    Last edited by Defoe; 11-27-2019 at 06:08 PM.

  25. #265
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,650
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Opinion: The reason Balotelli is the way he is, is heart breaking. His temper + attitude has been a problem in every team he has played for. This isn't something you "fix" it's a mental problem and it's who he is. Again, that's my opinion from watching and reading about his behaviour but i'm not a doctor. Stay away. TFC can get quality players.
    Signing Balotelli would be incredibly stupid. He would bring an attitude reminiscent of Van der Wiel.

  26. #266
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,042
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Opinion: The reason Balotelli is the way he is, is heart breaking. His temper + attitude has been a problem in every team he has played for. This isn't something you "fix" it's a mental problem and it's who he is. Again, that's my opinion from watching and reading about his behaviour but i'm not a doctor. Stay away. TFC can get quality players.
    This!
    x 1000 times!

  27. #267
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,707
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It has now been 18 days since MLS Cup, and about 16 days since Bill Manning said they want to get Michael Bradley's contract done in '7 - 10 days'.

    Should we be reading something into this? Has something possibly gone awry?

  28. #268
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    It has now been 18 days since MLS Cup, and about 16 days since Bill Manning said they want to get Michael Bradley's contract done in '7 - 10 days'.

    Should we be reading something into this? Has something possibly gone awry?
    No, they likely have a handshake deal in place but are waiting for the CBA negotiations to determine what a max salary non-DP deal works out to moving forward.

  29. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone think we should make a play for Beitashour? He's out of contract.

  30. #270
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    113 survivor
    Posts
    2,043
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Anyone think we should make a play for Beitashour? He's out of contract.
    32 now. TFC already has an aging Morrow to worry about so I'd pass. I wouldn't be opposed to shipping Auro for a more defensively sound RB. Otherwise, the focus should be on a proper LB.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •