Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    With Morrow coming back for one more season it seems, I’d like to see 3/4 signings.

1) DP winger. Need someone who can break open a match, with a final pass, or someone can score on a half chance. This was evident in the final.

2) This might surprise people, but I’d like us to upgrade on Delgado. I love his off the ball work, and occasionally he makes some nice quick passes (Altidore pass in 2018 champions league) but he leaves a lot to be desired going forward. I’d like to get someone who plays like him off the ball, and better going forward, giving us a little more threat going forward, which takes pressure off Pozuelo.

3) Backup Striker for Altidore. I think Mullins is 3rd guy on the depth chart kind of guy. Someone who can start 10-15 matches a year, and be a somewhat threat (Agedelo?)

4) 4th CB. I kind of get the gist that Moor is going to retire, either now or in one more year. If he retires now, go find a serviceable MLS CB (Zavaleta is our buyout this year).

Having said all that, I think they make 2 of the 4 signings. DP winger, and 4th CB. If that’s the route they go, the DP winger must be able to play striker when Jozy’s eventually hurt.
    If morgan is let go tfc needs a young leftback to groom under morrow. I wonder if shaffleburg would be a good leftback.

Nemeth from kc would be a nice backup to jozy. What about bwp? I wish they let mullens go. Hes ok as a backup but cant start when jozy is out. What about bringing will Johnson back if fraser is loaned out?

I doubt zavaletta is bought out were stuck with him until vanney is gone.

I think benezet is gone if bradley is brought back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the entire list of players available through the off-season drafts and free agency: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...e-player-lists

I'm looking but I don't think I see any Nick DeLeon's there really. We also pick 4th last (Seattle and the expansion clubs after) so any players worth taking a flyer on are likely to be gone once we're up.

Waiver draft looks like a bust. In free agency I would maybe consider Meram depending on his salary expectations, maybe Jordan Harvey or Seth Sinovic if either is ok with being a backup. In re-entry I'd maybe consider Opare or O'Neill as cheaper replacements for Zavaleta who is hopefully moved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    +1!
    I don't rate Mullins.
    I suspect this is a stop-gap until something better arrives at a later date (or is someone is developed).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The problem is that Bradley refuses to rest and Vanney can’t seem to make any headway in that battle or just chooses to ignore it.

While we’re better with him in the lineup, there have been a few games where he was clearly gassed but remained on the field to our detriment. I think it’s something we have to manage better for Bradley, Fraser, and TFC in general.
    Full marks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, anyone find it a bit weird his contract isn't done yet?

For two sides who both supposedly want the same thing, it sure seems to be taking a while.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bradley signing is going to get a day with a presser - couple that with an FO that doesn't leak.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bradley is getting the max non DP amount, it may have to be a handshake deal that awaits the new CBA.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If Bradley is getting the max non DP amount, it may have to be a handshake deal that awaits the new CBA.
    True. If this is the case I would watch for Manning maybe putting out some hints in the media to tide us over until the CBA is negotiated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@NicoSchira
    #TorontoFc and #Galatasaray are interested in #Balotelli. Mario could leave #Brescia in January. First talks ongoing. #transfers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balotelli & Mavinga would be hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay I still think a DP winger is more ideal but Balotelli would be fun as hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balotelli and Altidore would basically force us into 4-4-2. But I'm here for Super Mario.

Westberg; Morrow, Mavinga, Omar, Auro; Pozuelo, Osorio, Bradley, TAM Winger; Jozy, Mario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balotelli could be a superstar in MLS but he might see it as getting run out of Europe. That probably would put him in the wrong mindset, at least initially. IMO he would eventually realize he should have come to North America years ago. But is TFC the right place for him? IDK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't want him here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balotelli with the wrong sort of supervision and without people along side him..is a problem.

Balotelli with a captain who speaks Italian, a LOT of black players on the team & with the right sort of motivation.... bosses this league.

My issue is he won't play out wide so it moves us back to a 2 man front, which to me is a downgrade from where we are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Balotelli could be a superstar in MLS but he might see it as getting run out of Europe. That probably would put him in the wrong mindset, at least initially. IMO he would eventually realize he should have come to North America years ago. But is TFC the right place for him? IDK.
    I think he wants out, not run out. He has a young family and he has had enough of the racist crap that's going on all over the place in Europe, especially Italy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No mario unless jozy is sold or they add a dp spot or two in the next cba. I cant see vanney wanting mario.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Balotelli and Altidore would basically force us into 4-4-2. But I'm here for Super Mario.

Westberg; Morrow, Mavinga, Omar, Auro; Pozuelo, Osorio, Bradley, TAM Winger; Jozy, Mario
    Or a 3-5-2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

Don't want him here.
    The fact that he didn’t take some worthless preseason friendly seriously is all you need to know... about the people who are upset about that.

Not looking to make this personal, but I mean, cmon... a clinical finisher of his caliber is not available to a secondary league all that often.

If he would come on $5M, he would be worth the DP spot. He is one of the 25 best strikers in the world.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-24-2019 at 10:47 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has so much potential to be a home-run for us that I get overlooking the possible problems. We would have won MLS Cup handedly with him on the field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is probably not all that serious, to be honest. I'd take him but if its us versus a major team in Turkey, I think he goes to Turkey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think this is probably not all that serious, to be honest. I'd take him but if its us versus a major team in Turkey, I think he goes to Turkey.
    Agree. I believe they would pay him $10M+ a year there. It’s just a totally different level of competition for the better Euro players that slide out of the big four leagues.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the type of transfer gossip entertainment I am looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's supremely talented. It would pretty much either go up in flames or he'll set records here.

He's supposedly on somewhere around $3.5 million if he hits all his bonuses with Brescia (he won't). I don't think he'd be mega-expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. I believe they would pay him $10M+ a year there. It’s just a totally different level of competition for the better Euro players that slide out of the big four leagues.
    But he'd still have to put up with all the same shit in Turkey that he's got to now - I can definitely see him wanting to come here to reinvigorate his career, not to mention have a comfortable life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's the type of player that can be fun but im probably leaning towards watching him being fun for someone else.

Good that we have a rumor and silly season can start though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that he didn’t take some worthless preseason friendly seriously is all you need to know... about the people who are upset about that.

Not looking to make this personal, but I mean, cmon... a clinical finisher of his caliber is not available to a secondary league all that often.

If he would come on $5M, he would be worth the DP spot. He is one of the 25 best strikers in the world.
    $5m? That's Jozy money. Giovinco got 7m. The guy is going to be asking for upwards of 7m and he'd be totally justified given the kinds of contracts we've given out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    $5m? That's Jozy money. Giovinco got 7m. The guy is going to be asking for upwards of 7m and he'd be totally justified given the kinds of contracts we've given out.
    We agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno about Balotelli.
    TFC could easily hit a triple homerun with him (1-1 in 3 consecutive seasons ), or could be easily the worst signing in the history of TFC.

This guy is a native "joker", he's just not the serious enough professional TFC needs.
    I mean we all know what a f_uker was VDW before coming here, and he was here again what everywhere else was in his career, ...but he may look like a little boy beside the major fu_ckery Balotelli can bring to TFC.

I dunno...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    He's supremely talented. It would pretty much either go up in flames or he'll set records here.

He's supposedly on somewhere around $3.5 million if he hits all his bonuses with Brescia (he won't). I don't think he'd be mega-expensive.
    If he's really getting just around 3.5 million tops with Brescia, give him 5 million, with some bonuses topping 6 million, depending on performance.
    All the other conditions he will experience will be a lot better than anything he can experience in Turkey... except the cold.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 11-25-2019 at 08:09 AM.