Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2348
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Is Beitashour with LAFC for the coming season?

It's making me wonder if they also have faith in Gallardo who we barely saw last year. ...
    Gallardo was specifically talked about by Curtis as the presumptive right side attacking option in a 4-3-3. They are high on him. FWIW, Akinola is being looked at to push Mullins as the sub for Jozy.

As for Beitashour, he is out of contract but still in LA.

Oh, and a pic from training in Florida today had Jozy there training full with the team.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We also tied quite a few games and only won back to back games in the regular season once during the stretch you’ve mentioned.

Not saying we’re going to bottom feed but if the expectation is we’re going back to MLS cup I think that’s a stretch unless we find a few good signings.
    Inconsistent lineups was also a problem during that stretch - we didn't really settle down into a solid roster until later in that stretch. I'm not even focused on MLS Cup right now - I just want week in and week out performance to become more consistent. That will get us W's and eventually get us to MLS Cup.

I do think we need a striker. We had jack shit moving forward into the 18 yard box when Jozy wasn't there and IMO - that's where we dropped points in the second half stretch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not so sure. We played better than expected in the playoffs last year but it has crossed my mind more than once that sort of form is not sustainable.
    I am with you. Not without more scoring and a bit more depth - maybe someone really to challenge morrow for example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Inconsistent lineups was also a problem during that stretch - we didn't really settle down into a solid roster until later in that stretch. I'm not even focused on MLS Cup right now - I just want week in and week out performance to become more consistent. That will get us W's and eventually get us to MLS Cup.

I do think we need a striker. We had jack shit moving forward into the 18 yard box when Jozy wasn't there and IMO - that's where we dropped points in the second half stretch.
    With another striker - or with Jozy on at halftime - we win the cup. it is obvious where the number one need is. And it is very hard to fill.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s a razor thin edge. We should have been 5th, remember? DCU coughed up home field by not beating 9 man Cincinnati at home.

We went from that to dominating MLS Cup 5 weeks later. It is a crazy league.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The three of them are essentially direct replacements for Hamilton, Chapman, and Morgan. I think Nelson stands the best chance of getting legit match action.
    I think he's better than shaffleburg right now. I think Herdman feels the same because he used him more during the last few friendly games for Canada.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It’s a razor thin edge. We should have been 5th, remember? DCU coughed up home field by not beating 9 man Cincinnati at home.

We went from that to dominating MLS Cup 5 weeks later. It is a crazy league.
    How we played down the stretch, it probably wouldn't have mattered if we finished 5th or 6th.

I look at the east and besides NYCFC, it's meh and even they're a question with the new manager. That being said we'd better get some extra players in to start the season. Maybe not a DP but some legit depth especially at FB and hopefully CB if Zavaleta gets bought out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How we played down the stretch, it probably wouldn't have mattered if we finished 5th or 6th.

I look at the east and besides NYCFC, it's meh and even they're a question with the new manager. That being said we'd better get some extra players in to start the season. Maybe not a DP but some legit depth especially at FB and hopefully CB if Zavaleta gets bought out.
    Terique Mohammed should get signed to play backup left back. Our backup left back won't play much anyway with auro able to play both sides.

They need to sign that dp winger if not in Jan they need to sign a striker to backup Jozy. Mullens is fine when protecting a lead but he's not a starter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I think he's better than shaffleburg right now. I think Herdman feels the same because he used him more during the last few friendly games for Canada.
    Yeah, Nelson could actually really challenge for a spot in the first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll be interested to see when they decide to bring Jordan Perruzza to the first team. Given his position and playing style, it might just be a matter of physically maturing before coming to MLS.

Kid has a heck of a nose for goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signing Nelson and Marshall-Rutty has more to do with TFC protecting their assets than expecting them to make an impact on the first team. They should train with the first team in pre-season however I see them being loaned to TFC2 for most of the season....Same with Romeo.... It wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe loan them to a CanPL team. They need competitive minutes....Nelson and Marshall-Rutty have real potential.

I see Mohammed as Morgan's replacement as others have mentioned here. He's ceiling doesn't look nearly as high as Nelson and Marshall-Rutty..

Perruzza has proven that he can score in USL Pro... I'd like for TFC to sign him to a first team contract and then loan him out to either USL Championship or CanPL. It would be good for his development..If TFC2 want to be competitive (to instill a winning mentality for their players), than Perruzza should stay with them. The man can score.

I don't think any of them are ready for MLS yet.... They'll get there though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see the FO moving Jozy now - they would be ridiculously stupid to do so after the Giovinco debacle last year.

We still need that winger, and we now desperately need a backup LB with Morgan gone. Morrow is not a guarantee to be starter-level this year, so they better get a clear upgrade on Morgan or else their decision to not re-sign him will look really stupid. Worth noting that, as someone noted earlier, Shaffleburg looks like he could be converted to LB. Direct and physical - he seems like he'd be a good fit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So some buzz is that the owners are really pushing for one of a team's 3 DPs to be under 23 and it may not be grandfathered in to protect teams with 3 older DPs. If there is anything to that then I would rather hold out on that front if I were TFC.

However, let's get some domestics or regular salaried internationals going, at least on trial, to fill in some areas the roster. I can't be arsed to check but were there any forwards on the re-entry list besides BWP worth taking a shot at?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they let Morgan go because when Morrow was out we didnt even use him as the backup. With the emergence of Layrea at RB and Auro who has the ability to fill the void as the back up LB which we saw last season no need to rush a backup LB unless its at a good salary.

I agree i dont see Jozy getting moved anytime soon but at the same time he needs a talking to in order to keep in thoughts in house and in the room not to the media. We need a winger or another ST ASAP and go back to the formation that won us a championship instead of this lone striker setup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So some buzz is that the owners are really pushing for one of a team's 3 DPs to be under 23 and it may not be grandfathered in to protect teams with 3 older DPs. If there is anything to that then I would rather hold out on that front if I were TFC.

However, let's get some domestics or regular salaried internationals going, at least on trial, to fill in some areas the roster. I can't be arsed to check but were there any forwards on the re-entry list besides BWP worth taking a shot at?
    im sure LAGAL Will find a way around the rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Few new birth certificates and boom we’re done!

I think this is a resoundingly stupid rule idea. MLS is not ready to be a developer of talent. They will lose a lot of money on this and it’s really all in the name of the thrifty clubs in this league trying to keep up.

The league needs less rules and more simplified rules. Not this nonsense.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pavon is now 24 but was 23 when they did the original loan (so is it 23 or under 23?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Pavon is now 24 but was 23 when they did the original loan (so is it 23 or under 23?)
    Who knows but this is a good loophole for the league to protect the Galaxy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_905 View Post
    Signing Nelson and Marshall-Rutty has more to do with TFC protecting their assets than expecting them to make an impact on the first team. They should train with the first team in pre-season however I see them being loaned to TFC2 for most of the season....Same with Romeo.... It wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe loan them to a CanPL team. They need competitive minutes....Nelson and Marshall-Rutty have real potential.

I see Mohammed as Morgan's replacement as others have mentioned here. He's ceiling doesn't look nearly as high as Nelson and Marshall-Rutty..

Perruzza has proven that he can score in USL Pro... I'd like for TFC to sign him to a first team contract and then loan him out to either USL Championship or CanPL. It would be good for his development..If TFC2 want to be competitive (to instill a winning mentality for their players), than Perruzza should stay with them. The man can score.

I don't think any of them are ready for MLS yet.... They'll get there though.
    The issue here is sloshing through games with young players who can’t contribute as much now but have the possibility of contributing much, much more in the future.

This league isn’t used to developing teenagers, it’s used to developing guys in their early to mid 20’s. Coaches in MLS don’t have the stomach for mistakes and the style of play (fast, physical) is unforgiving.

The only way we find out if these guys are ready for MLS is to play them, frequently and see how much they improve. Tough sell in this market. Changing the story from watching guys who are good and winning now to “maybe we’ll suck this year but next year we’ll be better and you could be watching a lot of young players with high potential” is no easy task.

I’m convinced CPL will eventually be the true development pathway for players in this country. MLS will be a buyer and maybe a partial re-seller of talent. But I have a hard time picturing it developing a lot of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    wasnt he a tam player last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wasnt he a tam player last year.

When they extended his loan for 2020, he became classified as a DP contract, or at least that’s what MLS said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question is whether the player is considered under 23 as long as he is under 23 or if he was signed while he was under 23.

I figure MLS will choose the path of most confusion when sorting this out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will be able to apply units of Age Allocation Allowance (AAA) to bring down the age of a DP.

I can see the headlines now
    TFC Trades 6u AAA to NYRB for 100,000$ TAM and 500,000$ GAM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    You will be able to apply units of Age Allocation Allowance (AAA) to bring down the age of a DP.

This is so ridiculous that it just might work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new proposed DP system will help MLS go backwards. And add even more confusion. Then when we sign Pellistri, we can look forward to him angling for his move to Europe a year later. Just blows my mind that this is being seriously considered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to get on roller blades right down to the MLS head office. Brilliant. I laughed outloud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha!! That was great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few new birth certificates and boom we’re done!

I think this is a resoundingly stupid rule idea. MLS is not ready to be a developer of talent. They will lose a lot of money on this and it’s really all in the name of the thrifty clubs in this league trying to keep up.

The league needs less rules and more simplified rules. Not this nonsense.
    I totally agree with this. Almiron is an outlier not a new trend the league should be pushing to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cristian Tello rumoured to be linked with Miami. Exactly the kind of player we could use

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Cristian Tello rumoured to be linked with Miami. Exactly the kind of player we could use
    We could and hopefully should do better.

I am franky surprised by the quality of DPs Fort Lauderdale is chasing. I expected big time Beckham level superstars not guys like Tello and Rodriguez.