Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 1316
  1. #361
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Maybe they have come to an agreement but are just waiting on the CBA. He is free to sign with other MLS teams and there arent any rumors of him leaving so I wouldnt be worried.
    I agree. I bet they have basically the deal in place but have agreed to wait and ensure Michael is taken care of to the max extent allowable under whatever changes occur.

  2. #362
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    I agree. I bet they have basically the deal in place but have agreed to wait and ensure Michael is taken care of to the max extent allowable under whatever changes occur.
    Then why not announce something?

    You'd think they'd have learned by now that silence breeds all sorts of rumors and speculation.

  3. #363
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Then why not announce something?

    You'd think they'd have learned by now that silence breeds all sorts of rumors and speculation.
    Because smart management does what's best for the team and doesn't do things to appease supporters or to ward off speculation. Gone are the days of leaks and we're better off for it. We'll find out when the time is right and I'm good with that.

  4. #364
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,805
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Because smart management does what's best for the team and doesn't do things to appease supporters or to ward off speculation. Gone are the days of leaks and we're better off for it. We'll find out when the time is right and I'm good with that.
    Smart management doesn't say two weeks or 8-10 days or whatever, unless that's a reliable estimate. That's not "best for the team." Especially not after "two weeks" was a running TFC joke in 2019, and not just on this board. There are lots of smarter things management could say to calm fears about Bradley, w/o raising unrealistic expectations or causing more problems.

  5. #365
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,525
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the Agudelo move is 5x more meaningful than the Bradley “no news” situation.

    I think the odds that Jozy is leaving are higher than those that Michael is leaving.

    I put the odds of Jozy leaving at 20%, and I don’t think Agudelo is coming unless Jozy leaves.

    I expect them both back next year. But if we are reading tea leaves...
    Last edited by ensco; 12-07-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  6. #366
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Smart management doesn't say two weeks or 8-10 days or whatever, unless that's a reliable estimate. That's not "best for the team." Especially not after "two weeks" was a running TFC joke in 2019, and not just on this board. There are lots of smarter things management could say to calm fears about Bradley, w/o raising unrealistic expectations or causing more problems.
    But the common thought on here is that we are entitled to know everything and we should get all the details ASAP. Curtis said he would be resigned hopefully in 7-10 days and maybe he did. Why do they need to tell us right away? That's my point. Last thing anyone in the FO should be worried about is what supporters think of their timing of transaction announcements.

  7. #367
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But the common thought on here is that we are entitled to know everything and we should get all the details ASAP. Curtis said he would be resigned hopefully in 7-10 days and maybe he did. Why do they need to tell us right away? That's my point. Last thing anyone in the FO should be worried about is what supporters think of their timing of transaction announcements.
    Exactly. for all we know its already done. they certainly didnt sound worried on either side about it. the new agreement is potentially the only variable left. until that is settled there is no reason to rush to ink.

  8. #368
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    Exactly. for all we know its already done. they certainly didnt sound worried on either side about it. the new agreement is potentially the only variable left. until that is settled there is no reason to rush to ink.
    It's just very poor PR, again. I don't know why they keep blundering around like this.

  9. #369
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    It's just very poor PR, again. I don't know why they keep blundering around like this.
    Because besides a number of folks on this board, nobody cares. People make more out of everything on here than is necessary. Relax, it'll happen and we'll know when it matters.

  10. #370
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,525
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would care if it was blundering.

    Last year you knew right away that they had screwed up the approach on Pozo. It was obvious.

    This is the opposite of that. It's obvious why Bradley is not signed. Nobody has screwed anything up.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  11. #371
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Ocean at the End of the Lane
    Posts
    1,047
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Because besides a number of folks on this board, nobody cares. People make more out of everything on here than is necessary. Relax, it'll happen and we'll know when it matters.

    exactly - i have no idea why some believe management have an obligation to announce something just to appease - if they thought it would take 2 weeks and it takes 4, for whoever reason, then that's what it is. their obligation is the improvement of the organization, not to every twitch and grunt of each fan, and i'm glad for that.

    sign, and develop, the best players possible within the confines of the league, that work for the long-term project of a consistent, competitive team.

    saying that i'm not denying the synergistic importance of marketing and communication....

  12. #372
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    417
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Johnathan David as a Young DP... discuss

    I had to, sorry if I've offended you.

    but everybody believes MB is a lock and Cavallini to Van, Estaquio to Montreal makes you wonder if David isn't a good target.

    yeah it would cost a lot but MLSE could do it

    would he consider it? debatable for sure

    and is he the right guy. Why not

  13. #373
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sure, of course.

    But would he want to come here so young? He's most likely in line for a huge payday somewhere in Europe within the next year or two.

    You're right - it would probably cost more than MLSE could reasonably pay.

  14. #374
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    20m euro price tag pretty sure

  15. #375
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,744
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wasn't Manning that made the comments about getting Bradley wrapped up quickly? Not Curtis?

  16. #376
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    David has no interest in MLS.

  17. #377
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,577
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    I had to, sorry if I've offended you.

    but everybody believes MB is a lock and Cavallini to Van, Estaquio to Montreal makes you wonder if David isn't a good target.

    yeah it would cost a lot but MLSE could do it

    would he consider it? debatable for sure

    and is he the right guy. Why not
    He'd be brilliant here. It'd also be a step backwards for him and wouldn't make any sense what so ever. Shocked he didn't get picked up by a Bundesliga club this season

  18. #378
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    David has no interest in MLS.
    David can be a starter for a Bundesliga Europa Cup team next year. Outside chance of being a starter on a CL Bundesliga team. If a player like Thuram can make the jump from a relegation-bound Ligue 1 team to become a starter for Gladbach, David can as well because aside from bull-strength, David is a better player in virtually every other aspect of the game.

  19. #379
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash View Post
    David can be a starter for a Bundesliga Europa Cup team next year. Outside chance of being a starter on a CL Bundesliga team. If a player like Thuram can make the jump from a relegation-bound Ligue 1 team to become a starter for Gladbach, David can as well because aside from bull-strength, David is a better player in virtually every other aspect of the game.
    Much as I would love Jonathan David here, I have to admit that a goodish Bundesliga team is the place for him.
    Interesting to see Zac Stphens named as one of the Bundesliga's best newcomers and 3rd in the goalkeeper ratings. Tyler Adams back from injury. Off topic..,

  20. #380
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jonathan David is not coming to Toronto FC or any MLS team in the near future.

    He has 13 goals and 8 assists in 28 games across all competitions this year for Gent. He is more likely to go to Germany, France, England, or Spain for $20 - $30mm.

    I hope he doesn't go to Italy. The racism in that league is unacceptable.

  21. #381
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    666
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I remember reading somewhere that when Jonathan David was a teenager, he was told to specifically avoid joining an MLS academy for developmental reasons. If that was true, then no way I see him coming here until the end of his career

  22. #382
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that when Jonathan David was a teenager, he was told to specifically avoid joining an MLS academy for developmental reasons. If that was true, then no way I see him coming here until the end of his career
    That's pretty disheartening. I would hope it's different now.

  23. #383
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that when Jonathan David was a teenager, he was told to specifically avoid joining an MLS academy for developmental reasons. If that was true, then no way I see him coming here until the end of his career
    Imagine he came up through us. No way he would have been given opportunities straight out of Ottawa. At best he'd probably be stuck behind Jozy. We don't develop talent well.

  24. #384
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,577
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Imagine he came up through us. No way he would have been given opportunities straight out of Ottawa. At best he'd probably be stuck behind Jozy. We don't develop talent well.
    He'd probably be Montreal's due to proximity. Man fuck this league when it comes to dumb shit like that.

  25. #385
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    That's pretty disheartening. I would hope it's different now.
    Considering that was only 2 years ago or so I’m going to guess the answer is no.

  26. #386
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,211
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    He'd probably be Montreal's due to proximity. Man fuck this league when it comes to dumb shit like that.
    Montreal would be one of the worst places in MLS to develop.
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  27. #387
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sounds like he had a few options. There was an article out there about Carl Robinson perpetually calling the kid to try and get him to sign with VWFC. Everybody knew, everybody wanted him, he said no to all the clubs.

  28. #388
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by TFC-Fever; 12-11-2019 at 01:57 PM.

  29. #389
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    steve buffery
    @Beezersun
    Source: #TFCLive captain Michael Bradley will be re-signed to a #TAM contract #MLS Press conference expected tomorrow

  30. #390
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,451
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great news!

    Now we just wait for the all important was it TAM or DP.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •