Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Maybe they have come to an agreement but are just waiting on the CBA. He is free to sign with other MLS teams and there arent any rumors of him leaving so I wouldnt be worried.
    I agree. I bet they have basically the deal in place but have agreed to wait and ensure Michael is taken care of to the max extent allowable under whatever changes occur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    I agree. I bet they have basically the deal in place but have agreed to wait and ensure Michael is taken care of to the max extent allowable under whatever changes occur.
    Then why not announce something?

You'd think they'd have learned by now that silence breeds all sorts of rumors and speculation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Then why not announce something?

You'd think they'd have learned by now that silence breeds all sorts of rumors and speculation.
    Because smart management does what's best for the team and doesn't do things to appease supporters or to ward off speculation. Gone are the days of leaks and we're better off for it. We'll find out when the time is right and I'm good with that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Because smart management does what's best for the team and doesn't do things to appease supporters or to ward off speculation. Gone are the days of leaks and we're better off for it. We'll find out when the time is right and I'm good with that.
    Smart management doesn't say two weeks or 8-10 days or whatever, unless that's a reliable estimate. That's not "best for the team." Especially not after "two weeks" was a running TFC joke in 2019, and not just on this board. There are lots of smarter things management could say to calm fears about Bradley, w/o raising unrealistic expectations or causing more problems.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Agudelo move is 5x more meaningful than the Bradley “no news” situation.

I think the odds that Jozy is leaving are higher than those that Michael is leaving.

I put the odds of Jozy leaving at 20%, and I don’t think Agudelo is coming unless Jozy leaves.

I expect them both back next year. But if we are reading tea leaves...
    Last edited by ensco; 12-07-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Smart management doesn't say two weeks or 8-10 days or whatever, unless that's a reliable estimate. That's not "best for the team." Especially not after "two weeks" was a running TFC joke in 2019, and not just on this board. There are lots of smarter things management could say to calm fears about Bradley, w/o raising unrealistic expectations or causing more problems.
    But the common thought on here is that we are entitled to know everything and we should get all the details ASAP. Curtis said he would be resigned hopefully in 7-10 days and maybe he did. Why do they need to tell us right away? That's my point. Last thing anyone in the FO should be worried about is what supporters think of their timing of transaction announcements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the common thought on here is that we are entitled to know everything and we should get all the details ASAP. Curtis said he would be resigned hopefully in 7-10 days and maybe he did. Why do they need to tell us right away? That's my point. Last thing anyone in the FO should be worried about is what supporters think of their timing of transaction announcements.
    Exactly. for all we know its already done. they certainly didnt sound worried on either side about it. the new agreement is potentially the only variable left. until that is settled there is no reason to rush to ink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    Exactly. for all we know its already done. they certainly didnt sound worried on either side about it. the new agreement is potentially the only variable left. until that is settled there is no reason to rush to ink.
    It's just very poor PR, again. I don't know why they keep blundering around like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just very poor PR, again. I don't know why they keep blundering around like this.
    Because besides a number of folks on this board, nobody cares. People make more out of everything on here than is necessary. Relax, it'll happen and we'll know when it matters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would care if it was blundering.

Last year you knew right away that they had screwed up the approach on Pozo. It was obvious.

This is the opposite of that. It's obvious why Bradley is not signed. Nobody has screwed anything up.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because besides a number of folks on this board, nobody cares. People make more out of everything on here than is necessary. Relax, it'll happen and we'll know when it matters.

exactly - i have no idea why some believe management have an obligation to announce something just to appease - if they thought it would take 2 weeks and it takes 4, for whoever reason, then that's what it is. their obligation is the improvement of the organization, not to every twitch and grunt of each fan, and i'm glad for that.

sign, and develop, the best players possible within the confines of the league, that work for the long-term project of a consistent, competitive team.

saying that i'm not denying the synergistic importance of marketing and communication....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Johnathan David as a Young DP... discuss

I had to, sorry if I've offended you.

but everybody believes MB is a lock and Cavallini to Van, Estaquio to Montreal makes you wonder if David isn't a good target.

yeah it would cost a lot but MLSE could do it

would he consider it? debatable for sure

and is he the right guy. Why not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, of course.

But would he want to come here so young? He's most likely in line for a huge payday somewhere in Europe within the next year or two.

You're right - it would probably cost more than MLSE could reasonably pay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20m euro price tag pretty sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't Manning that made the comments about getting Bradley wrapped up quickly? Not Curtis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David has no interest in MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    I had to, sorry if I've offended you.

but everybody believes MB is a lock and Cavallini to Van, Estaquio to Montreal makes you wonder if David isn't a good target.

yeah it would cost a lot but MLSE could do it

would he consider it? debatable for sure

and is he the right guy. Why not
    He'd be brilliant here. It'd also be a step backwards for him and wouldn't make any sense what so ever. Shocked he didn't get picked up by a Bundesliga club this season

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    David has no interest in MLS.
    David can be a starter for a Bundesliga Europa Cup team next year. Outside chance of being a starter on a CL Bundesliga team. If a player like Thuram can make the jump from a relegation-bound Ligue 1 team to become a starter for Gladbach, David can as well because aside from bull-strength, David is a better player in virtually every other aspect of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash View Post
    David can be a starter for a Bundesliga Europa Cup team next year. Outside chance of being a starter on a CL Bundesliga team. If a player like Thuram can make the jump from a relegation-bound Ligue 1 team to become a starter for Gladbach, David can as well because aside from bull-strength, David is a better player in virtually every other aspect of the game.
    Much as I would love Jonathan David here, I have to admit that a goodish Bundesliga team is the place for him.
    Interesting to see Zac Stphens named as one of the Bundesliga's best newcomers and 3rd in the goalkeeper ratings. Tyler Adams back from injury. Off topic..,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jonathan David is not coming to Toronto FC or any MLS team in the near future.

He has 13 goals and 8 assists in 28 games across all competitions this year for Gent. He is more likely to go to Germany, France, England, or Spain for $20 - $30mm.

I hope he doesn't go to Italy. The racism in that league is unacceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember reading somewhere that when Jonathan David was a teenager, he was told to specifically avoid joining an MLS academy for developmental reasons. If that was true, then no way I see him coming here until the end of his career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that when Jonathan David was a teenager, he was told to specifically avoid joining an MLS academy for developmental reasons. If that was true, then no way I see him coming here until the end of his career
    That's pretty disheartening. I would hope it's different now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Imagine he came up through us. No way he would have been given opportunities straight out of Ottawa. At best he'd probably be stuck behind Jozy. We don't develop talent well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Imagine he came up through us. No way he would have been given opportunities straight out of Ottawa. At best he'd probably be stuck behind Jozy. We don't develop talent well.
    He'd probably be Montreal's due to proximity. Man fuck this league when it comes to dumb shit like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty disheartening. I would hope it's different now.
    Considering that was only 2 years ago or so I’m going to guess the answer is no.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    He'd probably be Montreal's due to proximity. Man fuck this league when it comes to dumb shit like that.
    Montreal would be one of the worst places in MLS to develop.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like he had a few options. There was an article out there about Carl Robinson perpetually calling the kid to try and get him to sign with VWFC. Everybody knew, everybody wanted him, he said no to all the clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by TFC-Fever; 12-11-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

steve buffery
    @Beezersun
    Source: #TFCLive captain Michael Bradley will be re-signed to a #TAM contract #MLS Press conference expected tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news!

Now we just wait for the all important was it TAM or DP.