Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    32 now. TFC already has an aging Morrow to worry about so I'd pass. I wouldn't be opposed to shipping Auro for a more defensively sound RB. Otherwise, the focus should be on a proper LB.
    I wonder how Mark Bloom would have been if he were still here

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    I wonder how Mark Bloom would have been if he were still here
    Still shit. There's a reason he retired before 30 to work in finance.

Laryea is already 10x the player he ever was.

What is with people's obsession over former players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    No, they likely have a handshake deal in place but are waiting for the CBA negotiations to determine what a max salary non-DP deal works out to moving forward.
    But if they knew that was going to be an issue, why say '7-10 days'? Doesn't quite add up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    But if they knew that was going to be an issue, why say '7-10 days'? Doesn't quite add up.
    It's been a while since management gave us a misleading "two weeks away" tease so they're just picking back up where they left off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see it being just an innocent mistake.

Have any MLS free agents resigned? They are all waiting. There is no consequence to waiting on the CBA. It isn’t February, March, April now.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I can see it being just an innocent mistake.

Have any MLS free agents resigned? They are all waiting. There is no consequence to waiting on the CBA. It isn’t February, March, April now.
    Well, Drew Moor did.

But the CBA always comes down to the final few days before the season. Players can't wait that long to sign, or teams that long to get their rosters in order.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Drew Moor did.

But the CBA always comes down to the final few days before the season. Players can't wait that long to sign, or teams that long to get their rosters in order.
    Moor- not really a data point. I see him as a guy going for a low salary getting repositioned for a coaching / broadcasting career. So not an elite free agent whose negotiations rely on where the terms of the new CBA land.

Valeri is the comparable to watch.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...-each-mls-team

Doyle suggests we should go back to Lucas Janson, who he says was "very good" with us in 2018 and who apparently has doubled his value now. We would know what we're getting with him too.

I thought he was solid with us but he didn't blow me away and a quick look on soccerway at his stats in 2019 (with Tigre and now with Velez Sarsfield) isn't hugely impressive either - according to soccerway he's had a combined 23 games (22 starts, and in 14 of those he was subbed off) with 7 goals and 4 assists. To be clear, this is still pretty good and I'm only going off of very basic stats, but I think we could do better with a DP spot, but he does fit the positional need
    Last edited by DavemTFC; 11-29-2019 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added assists

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an FYI -Moor is NOT interested in coaching at all. If he had been, he'd likely be staying (although Fraser is an interesting person to hook up with). He can analyse the game well but is not interested in what coaches have to do. I still think he goes into broadcasting in the States, possibly at the college level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...-each-mls-team

Doyle suggests we should go back to Lucas Janson, who he says was "very good" with us in 2018 and who apparently has doubled his value now. We would know what we're getting with him too.

I thought he was solid with us but he didn't blow me away and a quick look on soccerway at his stats in 2019 (with Tigre and now with Velez Sarsfield) isn't hugely impressive either - according to soccerway he's had a combined 23 games (22 starts, and in 14 of those he was subbed off) with 7 goals and 4 assists. To be clear, this is still pretty good and I'm only going off of very basic stats, but I think we could do better with a DP spot, but he does fit the positional need
    I wanted Janson in the summer as a TAM player. He is the type of player TFC needs who can play the wing or 9. HE was killing it with Tigre but isnt doing so well at Velez so far.

I would aim a little higher for a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wether it's to us or not, it's starting to seem more and more likely Balotelli will end up in MLS:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50642305

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wether it's to us or not, it's starting to seem more and more likely Balotelli will end up in MLS:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50642305
    Why do you say that? The article only says he can leave on a free in January. European transfer window time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Why do you say that? The article only says he can leave on a free in January. European transfer window time.
    I believe MLS is his #1 option going by some things he said recently about what he is looking for in the next place he lives besides, I can't see anyone in Europe paying him anything near what he thinks he is worth anymore. The only places left that will pay pretty large for him would be MLS or China and China doesn't fit the living preferences he mentioned. Miami makes a lot of sense for him as he is a 'big' name but he could also directly replace Zlatan as well in LA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure Curtis said the Bradley situation would only take a week or two to wrap up after the MLS Cup.....or did I imagine that? Bradley probably not wanting to lose the DP tag maybe....who knows. Sounds like other moves are waiting on them settling this so hopefully it doesn’t turn into a Giovinco situation right before the season starts with everything up in the air last minute.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Pretty sure Curtis said the Bradley situation would only take a week or two to wrap up after the MLS Cup.....or did I imagine that? Bradley probably not wanting to lose the DP tag maybe....who knows. Sounds like other moves are waiting on them settling this so hopefully it doesn’t turn into a Giovinco situation right before the season starts with everything up in the air last minute.
    Might be already wrapped up for all we know. FO is tight lipped these days. Could be waiting for an ideal time for a presser as Bradley may be vacationing/visiting family with Thanksgiving just passing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I believe MLS is his #1 option going by some things he said recently about what he is looking for in the next place he lives besides, I can't see anyone in Europe paying him anything near what he thinks he is worth anymore. The only places left that will pay pretty large for him would be MLS or China and China doesn't fit the living preferences he mentioned. Miami makes a lot of sense for him as he is a 'big' name but he could also directly replace Zlatan as well in LA.
    Saudi Arabia. They apparently out-pay MLS teams
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Saudi Arabia. They apparently out-pay MLS teams
    But not many of them have Italian and especially Jewish communities that he wants in his next home town. Plus he wants to get away from racism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC selects juan Agudelo in S2 of the re-entry draft. Was going to post earlier saying he might be worth a look at a lower pricetag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    TFC selects juan Agudelo in S2 of the re-entry draft. Was going to post earlier saying he might be worth a look at a lower pricetag.
    I think that’s well worth a shot honestly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I literally just saw this clip somewhere in a feed last night! I had forgotten about it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    We all know better than to get on the whole "two weeks" bullshit again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the Agudelo pick up. A good buy low punt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a phase 2 pick we can bargain him down. For reference this is his current #

Juan Agudelo New England Revolution F $574,999.92 $604,999.92

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depend on what kind of money they can get him on. His goals/assists per 90 minutes is actually pretty bad, but NE played him at RW/LW/AM over the past 3 years, which I don’t think suit his game. When he’s played CF, his numbers are at least respectable. Think he’s a little better than Mullins. Let’s see the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I literally just saw this clip somewhere in a feed last night! I had forgotten about it....
    I can't believe I had never seen this and also TIL Barrett played for the Reva.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better option than mullens off the bench. Doesnt take up an intl roster spot so thats a plus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what I heard from a very reliable source is that TFC has reached out to Balotelli and the issue is there is a difference in opinion in the FO on whether to offer a fairly large DP contract to him. The issue is Vanney and the technical staff don’t want him as he doesn’t fit their system and there is the obvious character concerns. Where as the front office wants to sign him as a way to hopefully put more people in the stadium. From what I have been told it’s pretty much a dead issue at this point unless something drastic happens in the FO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    So what I heard from a very reliable source is that TFC has reached out to Balotelli and the issue is there is a difference in opinion in the FO on whether to offer a fairly large DP contract to him. The issue is Vanney and the technical staff don’t want him as he doesn’t fit their system and there is the obvious character concerns. Where as the front office wants to sign him as a way to hopefully put more people in the stadium. From what I have been told it’s pretty much a dead issue at this point unless something drastic happens in the FO
    Putting more people in the stadium would be the only reason I could see in getting him. It seems over the past 18 months interest in the club has dropped, except for the hard core. Disappointing that we only had 25K in the stadium for the D.C. game.

Although I was hoping to win the MLS Cup in one sense I was worried that hardly anyone would show up for the parade.

Does anyone else agree that we are less relevant then when Seba was here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agudelo appears to be an excellent pick-up for us as a forward, but I still hold out hope that we're getting a new DP striker with Bradley signing onto TAM. Altidore will not play the whole season (if history is any predictor) so we desperately need another very dangerous forward. They really only come in the form of DPs these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Does anyone else agree that we are less relevant then when Seba was here?
    While no Seba may have had some impact, I think the Raptors run took some of the casual support away. The Wolfpack too took some of the fringe away as well