Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 331 to 352 of 352
  1. #331
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    113 survivor
    Posts
    2,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    But why would anyone think that this is a remotely interesting idea to Agudelo?
    Friends with Jozy. Three MLS Cup appearances in four years. The guy's been wallowing near the bottom of the table for some time (NE's improvements last season notwithstanding), maybe he wants to win. There will be chances to play when you're behind Jozy. And he's versatile enough for Vanney to plug him elsewhere if need be as well.

  2. #332
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Friends with Jozy. Three MLS Cup appearances in four years. The guy's been wallowing near the bottom of the table for some time (NE's improvements last season notwithstanding), maybe he wants to win. There will be chances to play when you're behind Jozy. And he's versatile enough for Vanney to plug him elsewhere if need be as well.
    it’s great, we are the USMT safe landing zone! It is almost humorous how quickly the US turn on their players.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 12-04-2019 at 07:33 PM.

  3. #333
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,330
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Players end up redundant for all kinds of reasons, change of coach and strategy is one of them. That still doesn't explain why NE didn't try to trade his MLS rights (he's not a free agent) and why 21 teams passed on him. It tells me there's something we don't know.
    He was making too much money, especially on the Revs. Who would want to pay $600K for what he has been bringing?

  4. #334
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He was making too much money, especially on the Revs. Who would want to pay $600K for what he has been bringing?
    He's out of contract. You don't have to pay $600k (and I'm sure he knows he won't get that). Why did 21 teams not even want to take a crack at signing him?
    Last edited by Oldtimer; Yesterday at 09:51 AM.
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  5. #335
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Isn't reasonable to think that the parties would have reached out to one another prior to the selection? You'd figure they would have already discussed salary and Agudelo's willingness to come up north.

  6. #336
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,330
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    Isn't reasonable to think that the parties would have reached out to one another prior to the selection? You'd figure they would have already discussed salary and Agudelo's willingness to come up north.
    This is what the 2nd round of this draft is about. As for why 21 teams passed? Lots of teams pass players every year in this for many reasons but the player's agent may have said his intention was to go to TFC or a winner so why waste the time in selecting a player that won't sign

  7. #337
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Still no MB contract.

    I really feel something has come up throwing a wrench into the plans.

  8. #338
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    632
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Still no MB contract.

    I really feel something has come up throwing a wrench into the plans.
    Let him go if he wants a dp contact. Not even sure he's worth a full team deal. He's a DM who isn't a great defender 🤨.

  9. #339
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,026
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Let him go if he wants a dp contact. Not even sure he's worth a full team deal. He's a DM who isn't a great defender 廊.
    A DP contract for MB won't happen unless the FO are total idiots, and this would go down like the biggest mistake in TFC history... seconded only by signing Josy to that 3 year DP extension at that $$$$ salary...

  10. #340
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    632
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    A DP contract for MB won't happen unless the FO are total idiots, and this would go down like the biggest mistake in TFC history... seconded only by signing Josy to that 3 year DP extension at that $$$$ salary...
    Imagine how much money tfc would have to spend this offseason without that extension.

  11. #341
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm...time for a few people to create a minor twitter storm about MB so maybe a journo will ask a question?

    Usually works after a few days of transfer speculation...

  12. #342
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,438
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don’t why anyone thinks this wait is about anything other than the CBA.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  13. #343
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    790
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don’t why anyone thinks this wait is about anything other than the CBA.
    Yeah the new CBA will determine the new max hit for non DPs and Bradley has been very clear that he doesn't need a DP role to stay in Toronto, but he expects the max GAM/TAM/whatever. I think that's a completely fair request, and I'd be shocked if this was done before the CBA was completed.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

  14. #344
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,330
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don’t why anyone thinks this wait is about anything other than the CBA.
    This is it exactly.

    If I were running a team that was pretty much put together already I would hold as well until it all came out. You can easily tie your hands by doing hasty, stupid moves now.

  15. #345
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don’t why anyone thinks this wait is about anything other than the CBA.
    Because some people are naïve and not logical

  16. #346
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don’t why anyone thinks this wait is about anything other than the CBA.
    I don't think its anything else but the CBA.

    &


    I also think its worth a journo asking about.

  17. #347
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    811
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Let him go if he wants a dp contact. Not even sure he's worth a full team deal. He's a DM who isn't a great defender 廊.
    Agreed. He is not worth a DP contract at this point in his career.

  18. #348
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,026
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Pretty sure Curtis said the Bradley situation would only take a week or two to wrap up after the MLS Cup.....
    My problem with Curtis is I think when he gave that declaration he knew at least 90% sure that nothing will be signed before the new CBA comes out.
    Why treat the TFC fan base like some stupid children?

    We are getting used too much to these kind of bulshitter declarations, in present case 2 weeks meaning at least 2 months (I doubt the CBA gets done sooner).
    Another problem is that after all this, when Curtis will say about something to be solved in 1 month, we should expect 6-8 months, lol...

  19. #349
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    6,699
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    My problem with Curtis is I think when he gave that declaration he knew at least 90% sure that nothing will be signed before the new CBA comes out.
    Why treat the TFC fan base like some stupid children?

    We are getting used too much to these kind of bulshitter declarations, in present case 2 weeks meaning at least 2 months (I doubt the CBA gets done sooner).
    Another problem is that after all this, when Curtis will say about something to be solved in 1 month, we should expect 6-8 months, lol...
    unless he thought certain things in the CBA would've been confirmed by then. Things once thought to be for certain may have changed?

  20. #350
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,330
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    unless he thought certain things in the CBA would've been confirmed by then. Things once thought to be for certain may have changed?
    Big change I heard is the TAM issue and wages of higher paid players. League wants that to go up to get more 'stars' and MLSPA don't because it will possibly take away domestic players positions and they weren't happy that it's harder for domestics to get TAM as compared to internationals. The TAM rule and all that goes with it directly involves Bradley's contract one would think so he is caught in the CBA wars for now.

  21. #351
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,480
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Let him go if he wants a dp contact. Not even sure he's worth a full team deal. He's a DM who isn't a great defender 廊.
    He carried this team on his back last year. Played shockingly well. Is needed and would be massively missed.

    I still think they might get cute and give him an overinflated DP contract this year and then a non TAM deal for the following two or three. Would help the future salary CAP and roster construction immensely.

  22. #352
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how about...tam max this season and next and dp the 3rd year and then the club buys him out...we dont lose a dp spot and bradley gets his money

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •