Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    We agree
    Don't think we do.. Balotelli on anything below 8 million is worth the DP spot imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main reason I don't want him is the fact that he can become a major disappointment from coming in with the wrong attitude and thinking it'll be so easy (ie. vDw). Nothing about his quality. If he comes in with the right determination, he could be one of the, if not, the best striker in the league. Key word is IF.

Also, on a funny note, whenever I think of Mario, I remember this and laugh lol
    Last edited by rydermike; 11-25-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, he does already have a TFC jersey and is familiar with our training ground....
    https://twitter.com/finallymario/sta...312256?lang=en

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Don't think we do.. Balotelli on anything below 8 million is worth the DP spot imo.
    Ah you are right. I agree, that is what it would take to get him.

But I look at Pozo and worry about what he would think if we did that. I’d rather get someone at a number that works better in the room.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pass on Ballotelli.

If Inter, City, Milan, Liverpool, Nice, Marseille and the Italian National team can't get this guy to play nice - what makes you think an MLS team can do any different?o any different?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really mixed feelings on this one. The upside is potentially huge but so is the downside.

I feel If the money is actually there for this signing we could potentially set our sights higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    The main reason I don't want him is the fact that he can become a major disappointment from coming in with the wrong attitude and thinking it'll be so easy (ie. vDw). Nothing about his quality. If he comes in with the right determination, he could be one of the, if not, the best striker in the league. Key word is IF.

Also, on a funny note, whenever I think of Mario, I remember this and laugh lol
    What about when he burned his house down? Setting off fireworks in his bathroom in the middle of the night before the Manchester derby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favourite would be writing off his Audi R8 on the six block drive to the stadium. On the other hand if he sat down and impressed the front office I'd back the move. In fact I was a little irresponsible in my jearly twenties too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Ah you are right. I agree, that is what it would take to get him.

But I look at Pozo and worry about what he would think if we did that. I’d rather get someone at a number that works better in the room.
    This! Big time!
    How Poz would feel?

Is Balotelli worth more than twice as much for our team than Poz?

Never. Ever.
    Just in a parallel world maybe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney wants players working hard in practice. Balotelli has notoriously been a slacker in training. Guy has got into it with almost every manager. No thank you. Has unbelievable talent, but not worth the headache. He should get out of Italy though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Vanney wants players working hard in practice. Balotelli has notoriously been a slacker in training. Guy has got into it with almost every manager. No thank you. Has unbelievable talent, but not worth the headache. He should get out of Italy though.
    This is it. We depend quite a bit on the average player here feeling they get a fair shake. We have DP’s that lead by example and train hard, everyone else follows.

Why not look for the next Gio, Vela, or Martinez instead of going down this road?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balotelli yes please! This is exactly what this team needs. I mean this team went on a great run made the MLS Cup final and could have won, but still did anyone outside us hardcore really notice? This club needs some excitement needs people to start caring again and more. Yes Balotelli would be a risk but man the attention he will bring this club will be priceless, ever since Gio left that something something has seemed to have left this team, and only a guy like Super Mario can bring it back, please TFC make it happen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I'd have no problem rescuing Balotelli from this:

Italian soccer club Brescia President Massimo Cellino, asked about his struggling forward, Mario Balotelli, responded: “He’s black, what can I say, he’s working on clearing himself but he’s having a lot of difficulty.”

I don't even know what to say about that. That's pure shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sporting KC interested in Lucas Cavallini

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...ampaign=unpaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring us Cavallini! Just for the Oso bromance puff peices in the Sun it'll be worth it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    In fact I was a little irresponsible in my jearly twenties too.
    Yeah people tend to forget this. I was a half wit from 13-30. Also wasn't under a microscope making millions or an adoptee facing racism in the country I was raised in.

I've always felt bad for dude despite some of his stupidity. I think if FO vetted him and ok'd it, it's the type of environment he'd thrive in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...oor-free-agent

Drew Moor is heading back to the Colorado Rapids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Yeah people tend to forget this. I was a half wit from 13-30. Also wasn't under a microscope making millions or an adoptee facing racism in the country I was raised in.

I've always felt bad for dude despite some of his stupidity. I think if FO vetted him and ok'd it, it's the type of environment he'd thrive in.
    I am still skeptical of this possible signing but this is true.

Also the idea of Jozy/Balo running at MLS defenses together is interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad to see Moor go, but I don't think he's fits on a team with title aspirations anymore. Retiring in Colorado is a nice story. TFC will definitely need a replacement now, given Mavinga's injury issues.

I hope this Balo stuff goes away. Same child who came up through the Inter ranks. Guy has caused problems everywhere he's played. Unprofessional and doesn't suit Vanney's needs. He'd be coming for a vacation and huge payday. He went back to Brescia on a "hometown discount" and hasn't even been worth that. The racism is obviously terrible, but he lost the benefit of the doubt long ago.
    Last edited by Bobo; 11-25-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcribing some tweets from Duane Rollins, FWIW:

"Before I begin I acknowledge that I am incredibly biased when it comes to Mario Balotelli. I don’t typically wear a name in the back of my strips. There are two exceptions. Pablo Zabaleta and, yeah, Mario. I am a Balotelli fanboy. I’m not blind to Mario’s faults. He’s a guy that too often let’s his emotions get the better of him. He needs structure and security to be successful and he will shut down when he doesn’t feel supported. Mario is also a victim of racism. Throughout his life. That has shaped him in ways most of us cannot understand and, IMO, it gets brushed over too often and too quickly in the narrative around Mario. With the preamble behind us...what does all that mean as it relates to the possibility of him joining a MLS team/TFC? Shrug. It would depend on whether he felt supported here. I *think* this market might be more supportive than the moron ultra trash he deals with now, but...?

I’ll say this: if he does feel supported...he will excel here. He is a muscular forward that MLS defenders would struggle with. He is more technically skilled than them AND stronger. And if you have Mario and Jozy on the same team you figure out how to play them together. That’s a *very* dangerous attacking duo. If #TFCLive signs Mario and he shows up motivated then TFC is very much a MLS Cup contending team, maybe even the favourites. So, it’s absolutely worth the risk in my mind. That said, I’ll believe it when I see it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Sad to see Moor go, but I don't think he's fits on a team with title aspirations anymore. Retiring in Colorado is a nice story. TFC will definitely need a replacement now, given Mavinga's injury issues.

I hope this Balo stuff goes away. Same child who came up through the Inter ranks. Guy has caused problems everywhere he's played. Unprofessional and doesn't suit Vanney's needs. He'd be coming for a vacation and huge payday. He went back to Brescia on a "hometown discount" and hasn't even been worth that. The racism is obviously terrible, but he lost the benefit of the doubt long ago.
    Benefit of the doubt when there is clear evidence?? Because of a guy's past, you equate factual events as a "boy who cried wolf" scenario? If you are stating this about his play specifically, when you are targetted, with no support from the league, your team, your supporters and management, in fact belittled by all of them, u should still be great? Maybe it has effect on life and your play, in general?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    Benefit of the doubt when there is clear evidence?? Because of a guy's past, you equate factual events as a "boy who cried wolf" scenario? If you are stating this about his play specifically, when you are targetted, with no support from the league, your team, your supporters and management, in fact belittled by all of them, u should still be great? Maybe it has effect on life and your play, in general?
    Balotelli doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt because he's been trouble basically everywhere he's played for the past decade. Would have said the exact same thing last summer. I see no reason to believe he'll come to North America and live happily ever after.
    Last edited by Bobo; 11-25-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balotelli doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt because he's been trouble basically everywhere he's played. I don't see reason to believe he'll come to North America and live happily ever after.
    He was good in France.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He was good in France.
    Off the top of my head:

Nice dropped him due to showing up to training late and overweight. Then he had a falling-out with Vieira at the same time he stopped producing. His last game with Marseille was marred by a red card after something like five minutes. He scored some goals but they didn't want him there longer than six months.

I was a fan of his before most, but the guy is trouble. If he does end up in Toronto, which, somehow, is seeming increasingly likely, I'll be praying I come to eat these words.

Last edited by Bobo; 11-25-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off the top of my head:

Nice dropped him due to showing up to training late and overweight. Then he had a falling-out with Vieira at the same time he stopped producing. His last game with Marseille was marred by a red card after something like five minutes. He scored some goals but they didn't want him there longer than six months.
    Hey I'm not really for it at all. I will just give the benefit of the doubt to Vanney & company to do their due dilligence. They are pretty good at that minus VDW who was a Bez score.

I'd rather see a much better version of Benezet come in on DP money but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I feel there is something lost in translation.

Otherwise you don't even see this type of overt racism down in the south USA.

100% behind the move if its a two year pay him whatever he want type of deal.
    Last edited by Richard; 11-25-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro-omar-mavinga-morrow
    -----------bradley-----------'
    Delgado----osorio----
    ----------pozuelo-------
    ---jozy-------balotelli

Or

Auro-omar-mavinga-morrow
    Gallardo-poz-bradley-osorio
    -------------Jozy-mario

Or tfc plays a 4-3-3 cause jozy will be hurt half the time and mario suspended the other half ��

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reports on the Rapids signing Moor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Or tfc plays a 4-3-3 cause jozy will be hurt half the time and mario suspended the other half ��
    There you go. See, it'll work out perfectly.