Hybrid View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Except... signing him is now a competitive disadvantage.

If six other teams use that third DP on an elite younger “Almiron” type player, but TFC use it on a much cheaper 31 year old winger ... well, good luck to TFC mgmt, because they are going to hear about that choice every. single. day.
    Yeah, fair enough - just to shoot some thoughts on that:

Is Almiron repeatable? Like Seba, that might have been a certain set of circumstances - Tito, new team, time to find the right guy and fit the team around him. Barco isn't the same level, no matter what the ATL MMORPG players say.

Toronto is more of a "win now" sort of supporter base. Growth is good and all but the big signings are expected to be for now, not to sell on. Maybe once we see it work once, we'd demand it, but not sure

Does MLSE really care about selling on? Probably but is that the play here for the board?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-06-2020 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Barco not Blanco...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Is Almiron repeatable?
    I dunno. Probably only for those teams that are oriented towards South America and have infrastructure there.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff