Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    An important part from that Sun article.

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=BentonSans-Regular]
    Portu must be in shambles lol jk. uruguay is interesting. Time to checkout transfermarket.

Could they be visiting Brian Lozano in Uruguay? Perfect fit as a left winger.
    Last edited by Mikmacdo; 12-13-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking in Uruguay would suggest to me that they have their eye on a younger player there. You wouldnt be giving an older player from that league a DP deal. And a younger player wouldnt really fit with what Manning said.

Maybe they just wanted to expense a trip to SA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Portu must be in shambles lol jk. uruguay is interesting. Time to checkout transfermarket.

So much time wasted. Sigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    So much time wasted. Sigh
    I wouldn’t take what they say re geography as gospel.

They have tickets to sell, so they want to get the juices flowing, but really, no team tips their hand on this stuff.

You can drive to Belgium from France or Holland in an hour.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would totally take Lozano.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My DP guess for the player in Spain would be Cristian Tello. Maybe there's a Pozuelo connection with Betis?

Winger, big-ish name, getting to an age where he'll probably be looking for something new.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Previously rumored to LAFC so there's a MLS connection already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    My DP guess for the player in Spain would be Cristian Tello. Maybe there's a Pozuelo connection with Betis?

Winger, big-ish name, getting to an age where he'll probably be looking for something new.
    Interesting name. He's been around but is the right age. Would probably be in TFC's price range too. But he's never been a goal-scorer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think Lozano is playing in liga mex...so they would be scouting in mexico not Uruguay.probs not him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was that guys name that was being linked here at the same time as Pozuelo was when we were looking for a DP? I believe he was playing in the Russian league at that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    What was that guys name that was being linked here at the same time as Pozuelo was when we were looking for a DP? I believe he was playing in the Russian league at that time.
    was it Hanni ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    was it Hanni ?
    That’s him. Looks like he went to Qatar league. So he’s out.

Also, Manning said we need to fill 4-5 spots. Who/what are they? DP Winger, Agudelo, Morgan, and a 4th CB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Holland, Gaston Pereiro would be an incredible signing. Probably a 10mm euro transfer fee? I know Milan was looking at him last year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    That’s him. Looks like he went to Qatar league. So he’s out.
    Turnover of players out of the Middle East is significant. I wouldn’t rule anybody in or out based on that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still wonder about Andy Najar at Anderlecht. I thought he was maybe one of the targets when we went after Pozo.

He is a damn fast winger, based on nothing beyond seeing a Honduras game a year ago.

Anderlecht are a shambles right now, I bet all of their players are for sale...
    Last edited by ensco; 12-13-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i think Lozano is playing in liga mex...so they would be scouting in mexico not Uruguay.probs not him.
    Isn't the Liga MX season over right now? Do Lozano could be in Uruguay. They don't need to scout him maybe just want to meet with him. I bet he is one of the three guys on the list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't the Liga MX season over right now? Do Lozano could be in Uruguay. They don't need to scout him maybe just want to meet with him. I bet he is one of the three guys on the list.
    That's what I was thinking. Season over so he is back home. I think the previous MLS links make him a legit possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a good fit. 5 or 6 goals in la Liga is like 15 in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tello has a 12 million dollar release clause and isn't being played a whole lot this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"There's a guy on our radar screen right now (where) the transfer fee's a little problematic, but he's in his young 30s, playing in one of the top four leagues in Europe..."
    - #TFC President Bill Manning , w/ @SNJeffBlair & @RichardDeitsch on #WritersBloc

sportsnet.ca/590/writers-bl…

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-Fever View Post
    Seba would have to go through the allocation order.

Hypothetically, with Nashville holding it right now (we are 25th in the order) what would it take to convince Nashville to trade that number 1 spot.
    Seba is not worth anything but tam maybe not , that , he left us high and dry for $ , everyone knew his moves and now , doesn’t start for Al Hilal . He’d have to be a team player and find a role in Vanneys offence which I’m unsure of . No his day has passed , he’d never do a Bradley and think of team first.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That's not lowball, that's TAM maximum. MLS salary rules really tie teams' hands.

I don't seeing using the DP spot freed up by MB on Seba. You use that on a younger wide player.
    exactly , he doesn’t even start for Al Hilah , way over priced and league had figured him out , doesn’t seem to be a team player a la Bradley . Young is good but also if we’re going to stay with part time Josie as our striker , it seems we need a similar back up for at least half our season , when we could shape for the future .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    exactly , he doesn’t even start for Al Hilah , way over priced and league had figured him out , doesn’t seem to be a team player a la Bradley . Young is good but also if we’re going to stay with part time Josie as our striker , it seems we need a similar back up for at least half our season , when we could shape for the future .
    Can't spend max tam on a backup in MLS either.

As for Manning young 30s and a big transfer fee? Willian is coming baby!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    "There's a guy on our radar screen right now (where) the transfer fee's a little problematic, but he's in his young 30s, playing in one of the top four leagues in Europe..."
    - #TFC President Bill Manning , w/ @SNJeffBlair & @RichardDeitsch on #WritersBloc

sportsnet.ca/590/writers-bl…

Considering Manning's previous comments, safe to say it's France? Outside chance it's Holland. Probably wouldn't say "top four" if he was referring to Spain.

Here are a few Ligue 1 players who fit that mold and provide at least some sort of name value.

PSG:
    - Cavani (32) is on an expiring contract and has been linked to MLS, but that would require a tactical reshuffle.
    - Choupo-Moting (30) is also on an expiring contract and can play out wide.

Monaco:
    - Jovetic (30). CF mainly, also can play LW. Left Inter for 10.5M in 2017, and his stock has dropped since.

Lille:
    - Remy (33 in early Jan.) Expiring contract. Mainly a striker who's also played out wide.

Of the four, Choupo-Moting would probably fit best, but it would be kinda cool to see Jovetic.
    Last edited by Bobo; 12-14-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Considering Manning's previous comments, safe to say it's France? Outside chance it's Holland. Probably wouldn't say "top four" if he was referring to Spain.

Here are a few Ligue 1 players who fit that mold and provide at least some sort of name value.

PSG:
    - Cavani (32) is on an expiring contract and has been linked to MLS, but that would require a tactical reshuffle.

Monaco:
    - Jovetic (30). CF mainly, also can play LW. Left Inter for 10.5M in 2017, and his stock has dropped since.

Lille:
    - Remy (33 in early Jan.) Expiring contract. Mainly a striker who's also played out wide.

Of the four, Choupo-Moting would probably fit best, but it would be kinda cool to see Jovetic.
    He mentioned la Liga first in the interview and France is probably 5th best league 😉. Can't see Cavani he's linked to athletico Madrid.

What about Gervinho? 32 winger can play up top and brings pace. Also went to China so he's willing to leave a big league.
    Last edited by Mikmacdo; 12-14-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He mentioned la Liga first in the interview and France is probably 5th best league 😉. Can't see Cavani he's linked to athletico Madrid.

What about Gervinho? 32 winger can play up top and brings pace. Also went to China so he's willing to leave a big league.
    Max gradel seems like a good fit from France.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

PSG:

Monaco:

Lille:

My guess is Spain. France is widely considered the 5th best league in the world. If he is talking about France, my guess is Payet. Some name recognition, and has been pretty consistent scorer/playmaker. But after hearing manning, start looking at Spain.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dries mertens from Napoli? Proven to score. Not the most popular name. Top 4 league. Contract expires in June. Belgian connection. Transfer fee could be problematic because Napoli wants something to release in january

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spain, early 30s, winger....maybe Pablo Piatti at Espanyol? Or Aleix Vidal from Sevilla but on loan at Alaves?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aleix Vidal from Sevilla but on loan at Alaves?
    Now THAT is a winger that would make MLS defenders pay with pace.