Page 46 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2348
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Knowing the way the front office has moved lately, if Jozy was sold tomorrow it would take them until 2021 to fill his DP spot.
    Which is another reason why I don't see this.

The season would be shot if they didn't have a replacement lined up before they did such a move (and, no, Seba is not the answer people).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Which is another reason why I don't see this.

The season would be shot if they didn't have a replacement lined up before they did such a move (and, no, Seba is not the answer people).
    Jozy and Herc are old buddies. More likely Jozy called him with this because he just signed a new deal but wants to go live nearer Sloan Stephens, or in Florida or some shit.

Either that or our chairman has the thinnest of skins. I somehow doubt it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only half the season since that's all he typically plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think they would want to move him outside the league for a bigger buck.what is the most they could get within the mls 1 mil ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i think they would want to move him outside the league for a bigger buck.what is the most they could get within the mls 1 mil ?
    Probably but save $5M/season in salary and free up the DP spot. He would need to agree to wherever he goes as well so that's an issue. He would probably be good with Florida.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seriously doubt this report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i doubt this will happen.but at least its a bit more lively on here and something to talk about until KJ quashes the rumour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy will forever be a legend at TFC
    While he does score in 50% of the games he plays, he is only healthy for 50% of games.
    This could be the right time to move on to a more reliable DP...but there better be a replacement lined up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Jozy story is dead in the water, even if we want more than anything to move him there isn't another team on the planet that would pay him what we do when you factor in his actual output after injuries. He'd have to take a big pay cut and if I'm him there's no way I'd agree to that, the ball is fully in his court

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herc may have it right in the wrong order. If Jozy is being shopped he'd know about it. That my be why he sniped at management. I like Jozy a lot but I can sure as hell see how to build a case for a deal that gets two more DP's on board that can play 30 games. For all the complaining about MB look at the numbers 5 years 200 games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC would have to bring in someone like Cavani, Suarez or Aguero to offset the loss of Altidore. I think you would be hard pressed to get a casual fan to attend a TFC game if they sell another club legend in Altidore a year after selling Seba. Splashing the cash on one of those guys would create a major buzz and obviously produce similar if not better results on the field.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think him calling out the medical care/staff is a sign a of potential serious break between Jozy and the team.

Losing the trust on that is how a LOT of elite players move (hi there, Kawhi)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC would have to bring in someone like Cavani, Suarez or Aguero to offset the loss of Altidore. I think you would be hard pressed to get a casual fan to attend a TFC game if they sell another club legend in Altidore a year after selling Seba. Splashing the cash on one of those guys would create a major buzz and obviously produce similar if not better results on the field.

You think so? Perhaps management doesn't care. Look at what Shapiro did with the Jays. Curtis is well known about trying to build an academy and grow your own players...but they will only be so productive - hence these signings of academy players. Is it really that far out of line that they do a bullshit rebuild? Altidore has called out mgmt and he is justified. We had a lot of hope here when this article was produced: https://www.wakingthered.com/2020/1/...market-in-2020 We haven't signed anybody as of yet outside of the academy. Our team as it stands is maybe 7th best in the conference and one injury away from a full year long list of excuses...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They spent $10 million on Pozuelo less then a year ago. This team is fine tuning for another MLS cup run this year and, more importantly, towards a big CCL push in 2021.

In the East, with the roster we currently have, even with Bradley out to August, I'd put us up against any team right now.

Atlanta - major changeovers
    NYC - new coach, new system
    NYRB - in flux
    Montreal - oh please
    NER - defence still ain't all that good
    DCU - good but still hampered by the lack of midfield depth and a tendency to prefer to shell rather then take teams on
    CBus - still changing things around
    Philly - stability but lack experience at winning
    Orlando - another coaching change
    Miami - grizzled vets but no depth
    Fire - dumpster nominative determinism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They spent $10 million on Pozuelo less then a year ago. This team is fine tuning for another MLS cup run this year and, more importantly, towards a big CCL push in 2021.

In the East, with the roster we currently have, even with Bradley out to August, I'd put us up against any team right now.

Atlanta - major changeovers
    NYC - new coach, new system
    NYRB - in flux
    Montreal - oh please
    NER - defence still ain't all that good
    DCU - good but still hampered by the lack of midfield depth and a tendency to prefer to shell rather then take teams on
    CBus - still changing things around
    Philly - stability but lack experience at winning
    Orlando - another coaching change
    Miami - grizzled vets but no depth
    Fire - dumpster nominative determinism
    The Jozy saga is now all over MLS website. You can have your opinion, but they are 7th best until they fill out their roster properly with the right pieces....not as it stands now...jmo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth Buffery is reporting on it

https://twitter.com/Beezersun/status...465673217?s=19

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been blocked by Buffery

Manning spoken to denies it...we'll see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Euro clubs can still let players go - they just can't bring players in. And I think a lot of clubs would want to wait until the end of the window, or even after, to know if they can afford to let someone go or not.
    They can wait until then. We cannot, really, unless things are very amicable with the club. And post Jan 31 the selling club has all the bargaining power. So I don’t see a Feb deadline as realistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think him calling out the medical care/staff is a sign a of potential serious break between Jozy and the team.

Losing the trust on that is how a LOT of elite players move (hi there, Kawhi)
    I agree with this Ensco. And it is twice on the same issue. After the last time, they gave him a new deal. What now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not another TFC drama special 10 pages!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to blow the dust off the F5 key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been blocked by Buffery

Manning spoken to denies it...we'll see

Jozy Altidore is the king of fake news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post

Always something with this team
    Of all the things that would make them want to move Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Only half the season since that's all he typically plays.
    This was good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    The Jozy saga is now all over MLS website. You can have your opinion, but they are 7th best until they fill out their roster properly with the right pieces....not as it stands now...jmo
    My issue is people throw out these rankings because they don't see moves done by us and hear of moves done by others. Team quality is not determined by the amount of off season moves.

Yes, we have the potential to fall flat this year. We could very well finish 7th. And I'm a little leery of all the "we have a veteran team" talk going on. Because we have a team without much tried depth.

But a scan of our squad when compared to others indicates we are not 7th in quality right now.

We need more attacking, specifically a DP class attacker that can provide 15 goals a year. We also need another LB. But, that's about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Cavani is looking to move during this Jan window but could anyone in mls afford him, according to express he's on approx 360,000 pounds per week, and talk is he's not looking to take a pay cut. He's currently favourite to go to Atletico with Chelsea sniffing around. I know newspaper reporters aren't the most accurate in re to football but even if they are slightly off on his wages, he's still on money way above mls teams, that's nearly 3 times what Ibra was on.

express.co.uk/sport/football/1231409/Edinson-Cavani-salary-PSG-wages-Cavani-Chelsea-Man-Utd-transfer-news-rumours

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There guys are inept at PR. Inept.

Manning is “not sure how these things get started”....

There are many ways to say they are not moving Jozy without insinuating that Jozy's public comments at a TFC event didn’t happen and weren’t pretty unusual.

(In fact I'd like to know the number of times in the last 10 years that the top paid player on a team said something like that to the media anywhere. In any league. I mean it’s incredible.)

Instead we get gaslighting.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-23-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They seemed pretty quick to remove Altidore's interview video from the TFC website
    https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/he-w...injury~1871907

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe it (Jozy) when I see it.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto