Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Sounders just signed a DP. Fuck that CBA noize.
    Didn't they literally say they weren't moving on a DP until the CBA was sorted last week?

This narrative has to die. It's garbage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smells like to me Curtis cant close a deal. All around disappointing off-season. We are going to struggle out of the gate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    This has been a verify disappointing off season in a numbers of cases.

And these are just some needs and to realize we overachieved last year with a little luck as well. Don't get me wrong the heart and grit was there but playing Poz out of position hurt a bit. If we start him CAM instead of RM or LM will get way more production out of him.

1. We need more depth at Striker or even go back to starting two up top would of been ideal.
    2. More depth on the wing with a DP signing or a DP striker to me would be better and or trade within the league for a winger.
    3. More depth at CB period.
    4. Back up LB or feature starting LB morrow come up in age.

Alot of the pick ups we did in De Leon, layrea worked out but will it continue into this season we will see.
    Right now it’s looking like a season to maximize profits by not spending. Can’t wait for opening day just to see the crowd size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Didn't they literally say they weren't moving on a DP until the CBA was sorted last week?

Yup pretty much

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given the 1 week CBA extension, possibly teams are finding out what is going to happen. There is talk of Cinci grabbing another DP this weekend as well.

I'd like to see where we sit in a week, rumour wise. Post transfer window is prime time for agents to start to get the word out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    we should have found a way to get Cavalini at 1/4 the cost and bring in another electric DP using Jozy's 6 million. Gurantee Cavalini gets more goals then Jozy
    And he will be available for every game while Jozy sits half the season including playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    And he will be available for every game while Jozy sits half the season including playoffs
    Cavalinni is too Canadian for vanney.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Right now it’s looking like a season to maximize profits by not spending. Can’t wait for opening day just to see the crowd size
    I don't think that anyone can accuse MLSE of not spending. I imagine we will still have one of the highest, if not the highest, wage bill in MLS in 2020, even without the additional DP.

I know a couple of folks have commented on seats getting filled. Our average attendance in 2019 was 25,048, fifth in the league, when we were pretty terrible for much of the year. After a pretty impressive playoff run, including making it to MLS Cup, I don't imagine a huge decrease in attendance. After a truly horrifying 2018, we were only down 5.9% year over year in average attendance.

What happened with Bradley is unfortunate, but it seems reasonable that everyone would do everything possible to avoid surgery, which unfortunately, in the end, they couldn't.

And getting a DP is a multi-year investment, as a number of people have noted. Poz took longer than we all expected, but would folks rather that the front office walked away from that because we got him a month or two later than expected. No way! Lots of folks seem concerned that TFC folk aren't delivering on promises of signings in "two weeks" or some other arbitrary date. I don't listen much to what they say publicly because often it is all game-playing anyway. The only thing that matters is when folks sign on the dotted line and announcements are made...and then what happens on the field! I am willing to wait to get the right person.

Only a few weeks to go now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just looked up Jozy salary. 6.5m total compensation 2019. Wow. For half a season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this has been posted on here yet, but apparently we held talks with Lois Diony and didn't want to sign him. TFC, along with many other clubs were offered his services, but we passed.

For the best. He is not what we need in a third DP.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...gn-lois-diony/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diony would be a great back up to Jozy if we lived in a non-salary cap world. As a DP, nah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never heard of him

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had Diony on loan at Bristol City last season. He was useless. I’m glad we’re not pursuing him.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kevin Silva now with tfc, does this officially mean bono is being moved?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Kevin Silva now with tfc, does this officially mean bono is being moved?
    He's a backup for TFC2. You'd think that TFC wouldn't move him up until he has a lot more minutes (certainly more than 8 USL games).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Down here in Mexico, and had a dream last night that we were playing some Eastern Conference team, like Cincinnati, whom subbed on newly signed Arjen Robben and blew us apart and TFC lost 10-0, should I be worried, or just too much beer, I usually don't panic about no signings early on, but what a nightmare I had

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Down here in Mexico, and had a dream last night that we were playing some Eastern Conference team, like Cincinnati, whom subbed on newly signed Arjen Robben and blew us apart and TFC lost 10-0, should I be worried, or just too much beer, I usually don't panic about no signings early on, but what a nightmare I had
    Too much beer. Having said that I am starting to suspect that Curtis may have his hands tied by a salary budget imposed by MLSE. Even though we are down to only 2 DP's we still are one of the highest spending teams in the league, yet match attendance and presumably revenues are down. Curtis may have been given the green light to sign another player, but maybe a cap has been placed on what he can spend to no more than a few million, and maybe it can only be on a free transfer. If this were true it would significantly limit his options in signing a player, and may mean that a signing will not take place until the summer when there will be more players available on a free transfer.

Just speculation on my part. In hindsight re-signing Jozy at over $6M may end up haunting us for the next few years. We all want to blame Curtis for the lack of activity but we don't know what resources he has been given to work with.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 02-02-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Hahahahaha glad I'm not the only with these dreams. Last night I had one where we signed Cecilio Dominguez and Jozy got injured again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahaha glad I'm not the only with these dreams. Last night I had one where we signed Cecilio Dominguez and Jozy got injured again.
    The part about jozy getting injured is no dream. That is a guaranteed reality this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cincy just signed a better striker than Jozy ☹️ probably for a third of the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I think something bigger is going on, especially with the extension for resolving the CBA. Every team has gotten weaker in the East including us.... makes no sense. I am guessing there are deals for many coming, just not before the 7th. The Galaxy were different, watch the age allocation go to 24 or 25, so Pavon qualifies or something to that extent, which allowed them to risk the Chicharito signing.
    If I'm not mistaken, Pavon's loan deal with the Galaxy only goes through until the end of the 2020 season. Therefore, they would be back down to 2 DPs, unless he were to be resigned and/or they were to bring on a different DP.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Cincy just signed a better striker than Jozy ☹️ probably for a third of the money.
    Ok, someone has to defend Jozy somewhat... if the Mensah tackle happens any where else than in the box, it is a foul perhaps, even a yellow... he barely gets the ball and even still it still bounces in the box still in play. Jozy would have been closet (not debatable). If Jozy isn't taken down, he still might have got to it. Additionally, Mensah's follow though completely takes Jozy out while he was in the middle of a vulnerable shooting position, it was a risky and potentially dangerous tackle and no one said a thing. The way he lands, that tackle would have hurt anyone. I know some think he is made of glass but just find the replay and watch it.

Jozy trains hard to get ready for the final and who knows, if Vanney starts him at the 45 minute, perhaps the result is different (just blind speculation and we will never know, so not worth the debate). The guy bleeds Red and scored the greatest goal in club history. The club willingly paid him the DP salary, didn't look like there was even difficult negotiations.

Lets focus on holding Ali accountable for the DP Winger/Striker and get to winning our 2nd Cup. Seattle looks better if they get a strong defender and will be fun to go best 3 out of 5.

COYRs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want a rumor. I don't even care if it is true at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I just want a rumor. I don't even care if it is true at this point.

Agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Sounders just signed a 28 year old DP so we can assume the u23 rule won't be happening. Pitter patter let's get at er Ali!
    Well there goes that theory... Sounders just got better, they are talking of bringing in a TAM CB as well.
    Sounders just signed a DP. Fuck that CBA noize.

Yup pretty much
    Upon reading of this article here (https://www.sounderatheart.com/sound...attle-sounders), it seems that Joao Paulo is on loan this season as a DP for this season.

His designation then may change when the rules are clearer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes - the...lets wait till the summer window narrative...CBA narrative...seems so contrived. The club publicly said that they had agreed committed to Bradley to sign a DP if he signed a TAM deal. They have know about the CBA for ever. They have all of February to get someone signed up...the lack of progress is likely down to seeing the European window close..there was no point to making offers until all those other bidders were removed from the auction. Time is now to get the business done..its more important than ever with the loss of Bradley and the departure of Benezet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Smells like to me Curtis cant close a deal. All around disappointing off-season. We are going to struggle out of the gate.
    More so we’ll be lucky if we’re mid level . Watch out for Miami , they’re recruiting well , as DC , LAFC will win it all of course and they’ve recruited . Hopefully East is the wink link .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When he scores to win the MLS cup he is better. Right now, he is unproven in this league.

Edit: When he scores to win the MLS Cup he is equal....
    Last edited by MightyDM; 02-02-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, someone has to defend Jozy somewhat... if the Mensah tackle happens any where else than in the box, it is a foul perhaps, even a yellow... he barely gets the ball and even still it still bounces in the box still in play. Jozy would have been closet (not debatable). If Jozy isn't taken down, he still might have got to it. Additionally, Mensah's follow though completely takes Jozy out while he was in the middle of a vulnerable shooting position, it was a risky and potentially dangerous tackle and no one said a thing. The way he lands, that tackle would have hurt anyone. I know some think he is made of glass but just find the replay and watch it.

Jozy trains hard to get ready for the final and who knows, if Vanney starts him at the 45 minute, perhaps the result is different
    (just blind speculation and we will never know, so not worth the debate). The guy bleeds Red and scored the greatest goal in club history. The club willingly paid him the DP salary, didn't look like there was even difficult negotiations.

Lets focus on holding Ali accountable for the DP Winger/Striker and get to winning our 2nd Cup. Seattle looks better if they get a strong defender and will be fun to go best 3 out of 5.

COYRs
    We win if Jozy comes on at halftime.

Seattle adjusted at the half. We didnt. it was the final - we needed to take the initiative.

and lots of us called for a penalty on that play. It was clear and obvious...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Yes - the...lets wait till the summer window narrative...CBA narrative...seems so contrived. The club publicly said that they had agreed committed to Bradley to sign a DP if he signed a TAM deal. They have know about the CBA for ever. They have all of February to get someone signed up...the lack of progress is likely down to seeing the European window close..there was no point to making offers until all those other bidders were removed from the auction. Time is now to get the business done..its more important than ever with the loss of Bradley and the departure of Benezet.
    I know we are a different pool but Premier league clubs had trouble getting strikers in in this transfer window. People who actually score are hard to find. Thats the reality of this sport. We miss Seba's contribution.