Page 57 of 79 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Wow. Who peed in your corn flakes?

We will get a full year of Gonzalez, a Ciman who got his game back together, a rested Pozo, a healthy Osorio.

Pozuelo, rested, may seriously tear this league apart.

We are missing Bradley and Benezet, but if Jozy is there opening day, we are just as good right now as the team that played in the playoffs.

Also nobody in the east got better. Maybe DCU I suppose. Atlanta are a lot worse.
    Ah... I dunno about that last statement. I'd say about half the teams in the east did. But not stratospherically so. A player here, a DP there.

Vegas sports book has us at no. 2 favorite to win after LAFC

https://twitter.com/dunord/status/12...003129344?s=20

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    LOLOL, I do appreciate a good laugh. If you really believe no one has improved in the east...I can't help you there...you can live in your own ignorance.
    You better hope everyone can stay healthy. Not sure if you realize just how big of a loss Michael (the glue) Bradley is.
    Ciman...that was a good one.
    Still need a LB, striker, winger and probably a quality utility player imo.
    Ignorance, huh?

Who got added in the east? Nagbe in Columbus, Gressel in DCU. Know where those players came from? THE EAST. (Columbus lost Accam,whom I would take over Nagbe btw)

Other than that, you want to make the case that some CB on loan from Palmeiras has changed everything for Orlando, or this Dutch LB from Vitesse has made NE scary, or Tabla's return means Montreal is awesome (even though it seems they are losing Piatti), be my guest, sensei.

Atlanta blowing it up is the only meaningful change in the east.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Ah... I dunno about that last statement. I'd say about half the teams in the east did. But not stratospherically so. A player here, a DP there.

Vegas sports book has us at no. 2 favorite to win after LAFC

https://twitter.com/dunord/status/12...003129344?s=20
    Please jloome, enlighten me. I make the opposite case above. I don’t see it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Atlanta blowing it up is the only meaningful change in the east.

Actually, I think Atlanta signed someone yesterday.... maybe i am wrong.

edit - https://www.atlutd.com/post/2020/02/...theus-rossetto
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 02-04-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Actually, I think Atlanta signed someone yesterday.... maybe i am wrong.

edit - https://www.atlutd.com/post/2020/02/...theus-rossetto
    Looks like a nice TAM player.

They still lost 4 major players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Crew (1DP added) and Cincinnati (2 DP added) have 100% gotten better. Now, have they gone from basement to top of the east better? Doubtful but they will be tougher than last year imo.

Revs added another DP and likely to be better with a full pre-season under Arena.

Orlando have gotten better on paper, Pajera does that alone, but they're Orlando so they'll fuck it up somehow.

Who know's what i'll happen with Atlanta. The Fire made their FO changes too late so will be another year of shite.

The rest is much of a muchness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear lord, an actual rumor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like Piatti is actually already on his way here...

https://twitter.com/qiglesias/status...971425281?s=20

Translated it says that Piatti did not travel to Barca. He is on his way for a medical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Dear lord, an actual rumor.
    Coach said he can talk to other clubs as well. Contract is up in June, may not cost much at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    Coach said he can talk to other clubs as well. Contract is up in June, may not cost much at all
    Yeah, could very well be on a free transfer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Translated it says that Piatti did not travel to Barca. He is on his way for a medical.
    Not a bad signing, if true, but still on the disappointing side. He's past 30 and fairly unknown. Perhaps this is going to be similar to the Sounders situation. He starts as a DP and potentially beomes a non-DP in years to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read Piatti and thought we were nabbing Ignacio, which would have been worth the money for the drama alone. But if true this looks exciting, a La Liga regular age 30 who even got a cap for an absolutely stacked Argentina in his position? On paper thats the resume of someone who will do very well in MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what kind of contract we would actually give Piatti. His production has been lacking the last couple years. He is the kind of guy that might be an underwhelming DP or an awesome TAM signing. But, I doubt we have any TAM left over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He hasn't been a consistent starter since 17/18 and has dealt with significant injuries for the past year. He might be worth it, but just doesn't seems so lackluster compared to Poz or Gio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's 31 in March, full-time left winger. His contract with Espanyol is up this summer, so if accurate I imagine we might be kicking in a small fee to get him early.

His last big year looks to have been 2016-2017 when he had 10 goals and 11 assists in 30 games. Seems he had some minor injuries and was moved to a substitute after that season, and has been a sub for them since. Only played 2.5 games worth this season. He tore his ACL in February 2019 and was out for 7 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huge respect for Piatti. He was one of the best players in MLS for a few seasons (shame it was all wasted on club cheese).

On the one hand he’s interesting cause like Pozuelo he can score and he can be a setup man. But on the other hand he’s not overly fast and would probably be only half way there defensively.

I think fast, defensively inclined, and goal scoring is what we’re looking for here, primarily.

Edit: I should learn how to read
    Last edited by ag futbol; 02-04-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he could be a dp who is bought down to tam next year. Honestly I'd rather have Lucas Janson at this point.

Pablo is available on a free this summer and hasn't been good for three years. He should cost a million or two at the most.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner scouting report says

• not going to win many headers but does take corners
    • some decent years over 3 years ago with 1 goal every 3 games (translation to current MLS - 17 goal season)
    • coming off a cruciate injury followed by a muscle injury - not in squad for league matches since early December - might be a bit rusty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Espanyol arent probably looking for a fee. Just to clear his wages.

This to me doesnt smell like a DP signing. This is a potentially good punt on a non DP contract.

They leave for California tomorrow IIRC so maybe they are trying to get the medical done today and have him join them in Cali? If the report from the Spanish journo is correct and he is already on route.

He follows Poz and TFC on instagram FYI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://as.com/futbol/2020/02/04/pri...37_785484.html

Rufete did not want to reveal what the destiny of the Argentine will be "out of respect for the other club" but the options are scarce. Mainly, because most markets are closed. Not so those of his native Argentina, where he could perfectly return, or those of more exotic destinations such as China or Qatar. Be that as it may, Piatti will dissociate from Espanyol and leave free.
    Rufete has given Pablo Piatti a few days off to negotiate his departure from Espanyol

Rufete informed the media that the Argentine “ has a few days off

” to track his possible departure to another club. Espanyol has given Piatti permission until Thursday to negotiate his future and pass a medical review. " If it ends up closing, we will have one more exit ," added the sports director.The Espanyol , so far, has closed the current winter market with two casualties of midfielder Esteban Granero , who has terminated his contract and has signed for Marbella , and the central Lluís López , given to the Tenerife . Piatti could be the third and would serve to lighten the salary mass of the first team.
    https://www.larazon.es/laotraliga/20...uazzt5j4e.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Piatti is signed at TAM level, could Bradley be classified as a DP for the first half of the season and then re-assigned as TAM for the second half? At that point TFC could bring in a DP for the second half of the season. Would we have enough TAM for this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    If Piatti is signed at TAM level, could Bradley be classified as a DP for the first half of the season and then re-assigned as TAM for the second half? At that point TFC could bring in a DP for the second half of the season. Would we have enough TAM for this?
    I don't think Piatti can fit under tam. I'm guessing he's on a decent wage which is why they are loot to move him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumour up on Waking The Red as well.

https://www.wakingthered.com/2020/2/...r-pablo-piatti

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Huge respect for Piatti. He was one of the best players in MLS for a few seasons (shame it was all wasted on club cheese).

On the one hand he’s interesting cause like Pozuelo he can score and he can be a setup man. But on the other hand he’s not overly fast and would probably be only half way there defensively.

I think fast, defensively inclined, and goal scoring is what we’re looking for here, primarily.
    Um I think we're talking about a different Piatti here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Capology.com has his salary at 3.2M euros a year. So 1.6M remaining on his current deal.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 02-04-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This could be where Benezets' TAM money is going. We also have a while to sell some assets to free up some more TAM. Selling a Marky Delgado for instance. A few clubs could really use him and he would have a million or so in value due mostly to his age and still potential upside. After the Euro market closes is when you usually start to see some of these in league sales starting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boddington View Post
    Rumour up on Waking The Red as well.

https://www.wakingthered.com/2020/2/...r-pablo-piatti
    5'3" - Blimmy, I never thought we'd somebody shorter than Seba. He's so small, Jozy could pick him up and carry him around in his pocket!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's the "young" 31 year old guy Curtis mentioned earlier. I guess with Seattle and us making moves for over 23 players they got a hint of what the new CBA DP rule will be and it won't have any additional stupid rules atached to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I don't think Piatti can fit under tam. I'm guessing he's on a decent wage which is why they are loot to move him.
    We genuinely have no clue how much we have to spend or what the new cap rules are. Wouldn't sweat it rn.