Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
I’ll probably be making this post every 4 pages for the entirety of Curtis’s tenure here but let me say this:

If we make a signing while Curtis is the GM, he should get the credit if it works out or the blame if it fails. The club doing diligence on Pozuelo before he arrived here or Bradley’s ability to recruit USMNT players shouldn’t count against him or diminish the credit he gets.

Ultimately, if he’s able to utilize people inside the club to do business, that’s nothing but a positive. Look how many stories there are of leaders that can’t get out of their own way or refuse to collaborate with those under them because they fear being outshone. He’s doing the right thing if others are involved in these deals.

Given his position, it’s ultimately his decision what happens or not. And if he’s accepting any less authority than that, he’s playing a dangerous game. Only a fool would let their reputation live and die on decisions they can’t control.

That said. He needs to be judged on what he hasn’t done in addition to what he’s done. And so far, that includes being pretty slow to execute on signings TFC requires, which has negatively impacted our ability to compete on several occasions. Last year “I’m new” was a lame but maybe acceptable excuse. This year, nothing of the sort applies
that is what concerns me, and makes me doubt him. But its early doors - I am just "jury is out" "but please get a damn signing done because you promised one"

The reason I cite the Poz drama and Bradley's recruitment of Omar etc is that it reinforces my view that I should worry about his effectiveness.

I truly hope he demonstrates otherwise. Would love to see him here for years in that case - provided that he demonstrates the ability to grow young Canadian academy players which we need to do better and which has been stated as a strength he has demonstrated in the past.