Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
... or for the right offer you trade Westberg if he's more marketable with his salary. Probably an unpopular opinion but Bono was a younger inexperienced goalie that made some great saves on our way to the MLS Cup in 2017. Young and relatively inexperienced = mistake prone. I wouldn't be against playing him. He made mistakes last year but to me Bono/Westberg = interchangeable parts. Take the best offer you can get if you need to clear a little cap space. Neither is head and shoulders better than the other. Westberg had a few clunkers last season too. In saying that, having two comparable goalies isn't the worst thing in the world. If you got rid of Bono and Westberg came up lame I'm sure a few people would be on here complaining about Manning/Curtis getting rid of Bono.
Personally I see Westberg as far ahead of Bono. Better shot stopper, better command of area, better defensive organizer and head and shoulders above Bono for distribution. I only recall Q making 1 error last year leading to a goal, and so rarely gave away possession. Bono is very error prone and just can't kick a football. He's young and will come good again, but he has a year or two on the bench before we see him as a starter again.