Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Spain, early 30s, winger....maybe Pablo Piatti at Espanyol? Or Aleix Vidal from Sevilla but on loan at Alaves?
    Well don't mind if I do...If I were only this good at Pro-Line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Well don't mind if I do...If I were only this good at Pro-Line.
    Nicely done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just so happy we have something tangible to talk about. We thinking Piatti-Altidore-Gallardo as the front 3 to start against San Jose?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spittballing here - maybe the CBA gives us 2 seasons before the "must get a younger guy" thing comes into play - seen some speculation from journos about that timeline - not implemented until 2022.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    We genuinely have no clue how much we have to spend or what the new cap rules are. Wouldn't sweat it rn.
    They must have a clue if they said they couldn't fit benezet in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post

I assume he means 'we' as in us posters but the FO probably do - so we shouldn't sweat it - which i concur with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Ignorance, huh?

Who got added in the east? Nagbe in Columbus, Gressel in DCU. Know where those players came from? THE EAST. (Columbus lost Accam,whom I would take over Nagbe btw)

Other than that, you want to make the case that some CB on loan from Palmeiras has changed everything for Orlando, or this Dutch LB from Vitesse has made NE scary, or Tabla's return means Montreal is awesome (even though it seems they are losing Piatti), be my guest, sensei.

Atlanta blowing it up is the only meaningful change in the east.
    Yes now I would say ignorance. Clearly you have not seen what has been happening. You may want to take a good look at each roster. for example, CLB had added 4 significant players...LOL. DCU got another DP from Peru plus Gressel. NE has another DP, Chicago added DP, Miami is looking really good. Even Cincy added 2 DP's. If you wanna fight me on any of this, at least get your facts better and also not assume that those teams wasted their time and got nothing but at bunch of Aketxe's in their acquisitions. Guess what, they want to win too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    The assumption is they couldn't, it could also be they didn't want too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw the highlights for Piatti...he is tiny...like a Seba 2.0, but makes me wonder which of those two would be better here. Hmmmm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Saw the highlights for Piatti...he is tiny...like a Seba 2.0, but makes me wonder which of those two would be better here. Hmmmm.
    Piatti because he's a winger, younger and cheaper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably the one still playing in a top league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes now I would say ignorance. Clearly you have not seen what has been happening. You may want to take a good look at each roster. for example, CLB had added 4 significant players...LOL. DCU got another DP from Peru plus Gressel. NE has another DP, Chicago added DP, Miami is looking really good. Even Cincy added 2 DP's. If you wanna fight me on any of this, at least get your facts better and also not assume that those teams wasted their time and got nothing but at bunch of Aketxe's in their acquisitions. Guess what, they want to win too.
    DC lost Rooney and Acosta. Chicago will be awful same with Cincy even though they got a good striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Neil Davidson

A source confirmed that the 30-year-old Piatti, who plays in Spain for Barcelona-based Espanyol, is one of several players under consideration for Toronto’s third DP slot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he is on his way for a medical, he is the guy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes now I would say ignorance. Clearly you have not seen what has been happening. ....
    Just a reminder that the discussion point here was about Toronto being 7th in the conference.

&

We are talking about subjective views of rosters prior to the season.

Nothing we have seen moves the needle of a team more then what we have seen in the past. It always comes down to how teams put it together. And it is VERY rare to see every single signing work out for 1 team, let alone every team in a conference.
    There will be regressions by expected starters and progressions by others. There are just way too many variables to say Toronto is going to be lucky to be more then 7th in the East.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if this guy is fast... would really change the complexion of the attack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Anyone know if this guy is fast... would really change the complexion of the attack.
    At 5'3" and 135lbs and playing in La Liga he would have to be quick.

Edit - Marriner report suggests he is pretty fast and has a pretty good right foot too. Does look like Giovinco running around.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 02-04-2020 at 05:15 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be worth it just for the headline, "Piatti scores hat trick to beat Montreal."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is probably more like Giovinco in that he has great acceleration and agility instead of crazy straight line speed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus what a post. What is your problem? You love all these signings, fine. I think almost all of them are marginal and don’t do justice to what significant means. I am sure one or two of them will turn out fine.

But give me a break with these insults for someone who doesn’t sign up for your overwrought POV
    Last edited by ensco; 02-04-2020 at 05:22 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Jesus what a post. What is your problem? You love all these signings, fine. I think almost all of them are marginal and don’t do justice to what significant means. I am sure one or two of them will turn out fine.

But give me a break with these insults for someone who doesn’t sign up for your overwrought POV

Tell you what, we'll just agree to disagree, sound fair to you? Etienne Jr. going to CLB for their 5th signing...I will just say they suck more than they did last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davidson's article https://www.richmond-news.com/source...-dp-1.24068440

TFC has been pretty tight lipped about things until now - I get the feeling this source feed to Davison is to put a damper on expectations just in case the next few days don't work out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell you what, we'll just agree to disagree, sound fair to you? Etienne Jr. going to CLB for their 5th signing...I will just say they suck more than they did last year.
    Etienne Jr couldn't find a space at Cinci last year and NYRB wasn't sure what to do with him. Might fit Porter ball better but their bigger ad is Adi who is notorious for being a good spring player who tails off in July - and I have no idea how Adi & Zardes are going to play together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    He is probably more like Giovinco in that he has great acceleration and agility instead of crazy straight line speed.
    He tore through some backlines with pace a few times in his YouTube videos. Surprisingly a few header goals as well.

Question is does he still have this pace post injury?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I have no idea how Adi & Zardes are going to play together.
    It looks like Bez has no plan or else no money to go out and get what they need. It's just getting whatever they can at this point.

Also it looks like Hamilton is to be forever buried or waived because there isn't much room behind Zardes & Adi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Etienne Jr couldn't find a space at Cinci last year and NYRB wasn't sure what to do with him. Might fit Porter ball better but their bigger ad is Adi who is notorious for being a good spring player who tails off in July - and I have no idea how Adi & Zardes are going to play together.
    What about Zelarayan from Tigres? I liked that signing a lot. Wormgoor too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Zelarayan from Tigres? I liked that signing a lot. Wormgoor too.
    Have to see how they gel with Porter-ball and also how they adjust to life in a world class city like Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Piatti seems to check all the boxes, and he won't be that expensive either. Seems worth a punt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It looks like Bez has no plan or else no money to go out and get what they need. It's just getting whatever they can at this point.

Also it looks like Hamilton is to be forever buried or waived because there isn't much room behind Zardes & Adi.
    Clear bit of Porter getting the band back together there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually really like Piatti as a signing in that right scenario but context is important.

If he's our third best player and he's on a D.P deal, I like it.
    If he's our 4th best player and he's on a TAM deal, I am ecstatic beyond belief.
    If he's our 1st or 2nd best player, i'm not as thrilled, because we still need a game changer like a prime Giovinco or Carlos Vela type.

Maybe they build around Pozuelo, Piatti and a prime Giovinco/Vela level DP. If they sell Altidore and use that money on someone worth it, that would make this signing really great.

So i can't really judge this signing without knowing the big picture