Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 2348
  1. #601
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  2. #602
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is out on Twitter now:

    عبدالله الحنيان

    @a_alhanyan

    جوفينكو أبدى لإدارة #الهلال رغبته بعدم إكمال عقده، لظروف خاصة.على الأرجح سيكون أول المغادرين لأسوار النادي خلال فترة الإنتقالات القادمة.

    Translated from Arabic:
    Giovinco expressed his management #الهلال His desire not to complete his contract, due to special circumstances. He is likely to be the first to leave the club walls during the next transfer window.

    Last edited by kuku; 12-21-2019 at 07:53 PM.

  3. #603
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,741
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The drama!

  4. #604
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm assuming the the "because of who" is Bradley's contract, but imagine if it is actually Giovinco

  5. #605
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    935
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    This is out on Twitter now:

    عبدالله الحنيان

    @a_alhanyan

    جوفينكو أبدى لإدارة #الهلال رغبته بعدم إكمال عقده، لظروف خاصة.على الأرجح سيكون أول المغادرين لأسوار النادي خلال فترة الإنتقالات القادمة.

    Translated from Arabic:
    Giovinco expressed his management #الهلال His desire not to complete his contract, due to special circumstances. He is likely to be the first to leave the club walls during the next transfer window.

    Giovinco for his 33,34,35 year old seasons vs the field.

    At this point, I just want the best player/investment, I don't care about history or the player specifically. If Giovinco is better then anything we can get I'd bring him back. If we could some young 27 year old or a better 30-31 year old, obviously I hope we do that

  6. #606
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    278
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, I can't wait to see this thread get going... have at it!!!
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 12-21-2019 at 08:39 PM.

  7. #607
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Probably nothing but a Ballou Tabla training in a Mavinga jersey https://twitter.com/nik_martineau/st...535374336?s=21

  8. #608
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I'm assuming the the "because of who" is Bradley's contract, but imagine if it is actually Giovinco
    More likely Curtis or Manning - these things are almost always about money & Benezet isn't going to get from TFC what he got last year.

  9. #609
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,606
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    Probably nothing but a Ballou Tabla training in a Mavinga jersey https://twitter.com/nik_martineau/st...535374336?s=21
    apparently TFC offered him a contract first but he declined. His loss.

  10. #610
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No Giovinco as a dp please.

    No Ballou he's cpl level now.

    TFC needs a winger badly.

  11. #611
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guy trained with Barcelona’s first team multiple times in the last year, now is CPL level lol

  12. #612
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Giovinco for his 33,34,35 year old seasons vs the field.

    At this point, I just want the best player/investment, I don't care about history or the player specifically. If Giovinco is better then anything we can get I'd bring him back. If we could some young 27 year old or a better 30-31 year old, obviously I hope we do that
    Very much agree with this.

  13. #613
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    No Giovinco as a dp please.

    No Ballou he's cpl level now.

    TFC needs a winger badly.
    Agreed on #1. I don’t see any reason to revisit the past.

    #2 would be in the CPL more for his attitude than his ability me thinks. He’s never seemed to hunker down and realize his potential. That said, he’s still young and if he can avoid being disruptive would be worth a flyer. Only problem being he eats into Gallardo and / or Endoh’s minutes. Both players the club has invested in. Sends the wrong message to force them to complete with yet another player with a similar track record.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 12-22-2019 at 10:22 AM.

  14. #614
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,743
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would take Gio back as a DP for two years max. In a flash. I don’t need to think much about that.

    All you guys who want some younger DP, remember that the washout/problem risk on internationals is high. This isn’t easy. Remember Defoe and Aketxe? Every team in the league has multiple failures on that type of player.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-22-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  15. #615
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    Guy trained with Barcelona’s first team multiple times in the last year, now is CPL level lol
    He wasn't good enough to play for Montreal. What does that make you if you can't play for a non playoff MLS team?

  16. #616
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I would take Gio back as a DP for two years max. In a flash. I don’t need to think much about that.

    All you guys who want some younger DP, remember that the washout/problem risk on internationals is high. This isn’t easy. Remember Defoe and Aketxe? Every team in the league has multiple failures on that type of player.
    Ager wasn't a dp and Defoe was actually good when he played.

  17. #617
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This would be nothing more than a cash grab by TFC. No thank you.

    We can do a lot better than Giovinco nowadays.

  18. #618
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,743
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Ager wasn't a dp and Defoe was actually good when he played.
    OK how about JDG or Gilberto?

    Or I could dig up another 20 names like them on other teams...
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  19. #619
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sec. 112
    Posts
    2,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I’d love Seba back but only on a TAM deal. For this DP we need to bring in someone young.

  20. #620
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Bruma to TFC rumors are still going:
    Bruma in de belangstelling van Fenerbahçe en Toronto FC https://t.co/Rk7hIYsSPB

  21. #621
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC formerly from Hamilton
    Posts
    1,450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If we brought Gio back as a TAM player and signed a DP...broke the $30 Million salary spend mark...the rest of the league would have serious hissy fit. We'd never hear the end of it from Whitcaps fans who might actually break $10 Million this season. I wish we'd stop calling this a salary cap league. A move like that would be mockery to the ridiculous rules MLS has.

    It would be hilarious though and for that reason I would love for it to happen.

  22. #622
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I would take Gio back as a DP for two years max. In a flash. I don’t need to think much about that.

    All you guys who want some younger DP, remember that the washout/problem risk on internationals is high. This isn’t easy. Remember Defoe and Aketxe? Every team in the league has multiple failures on that type of player.
    Totally agree

  23. #623
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    278
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    If we brought Gio back as a TAM player and signed a DP...broke the $30 Million salary spend mark...the rest of the league would have serious hissy fit. We'd never hear the end of it from Whitcaps fans who might actually break $10 Million this season. I wish we'd stop calling this a salary cap league. A move like that would be mockery to the ridiculous rules MLS has.

    It would be hilarious though and for that reason I would love for it to happen.

    The only way we could do it as a Tam and correct me if I am wrong. We would need to make a trade with Nashville to get to the top of the allocation list. Or maybe we could do a sketchy LA Galaxy loan deal and have the Saudi club eat 9 million. (hahaha). And then go for the extra DP. So 5 DPs loving it.

  24. #624
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's no tam money left to spend according to Manning which is why were likely losing benezet.

  25. #625
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    The Bruma to TFC rumors are still going:
    Bruma in de belangstelling van Fenerbahçe en Toronto FC https://t.co/Rk7hIYsSPB
    Would be a good signing. Left winger, decent goal scorer, only 25 and Portuguese so he might sell a few tickets up the street from BMO.

  26. #626
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    833
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Giovinco will be 33 in January, so I can't imagine Manning would sign his to a DP contract. He said he had his narrowed down to 3 or 4 players in South America and Europe.

    However, if we can sign Giovinco to a TAM contact (perhaps the new CBA will make it possible) and we sign a winger from Europe in his mid-20s, I will name my firstborn after Bill Manning. We would likely have to give something up to get the top allocation spot (Maybe Marky, as per his Instagram post?)

    Imagine our line up:

    Jozy

    Giovinco DP winger

    Osorio Poz

    Bradley

    Auro Omar Mavinga Morrow

    Westburg

    God willing.
    Last edited by TFC/Everton; 12-22-2019 at 03:01 PM.

  27. #627
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,743
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IF ... Gio comes he's a DP. I don’t know where this TAM thing got a foothold but it isn’t grounded in reality.

    I can certainly understand someone saying they don’t want him, that’s an argument... but $1.5M a year ain't the price of eggs here. He sells jerseys and brings eyeballs in a way that few would.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  28. #628
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Giovinco will be 33 in January, so I can't imagine Manning would sign his to a DP contract. He said he had his narrowed down to 3 or 4 players in South America and Europe.

    However, if we can sign Giovinco to a TAM contact (perhaps the new CBA will make it possible) and we sign a winger from Europe in his mid-20s, I will name my firstborn after Bill Manning. We would likely have to give something up to get the top allocation spot (Maybe Marky, as per his Instagram post?)

    Imagine our line up:

    Jozy

    Giovinco DP winger

    Osorio Poz

    Bradley

    Auro Omar Mavinga Morrow

    Westburg

    God willing.
    What did Marky say in his Instagram post?

  29. #629
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    IF ... Gio comes he's a DP. I don’t know where this TAM thing got a foothold but it isn’t grounded in reality.

    I can certainly understand someone saying they don’t want him, that’s an argument... but $1.5M a year ain't the price of eggs here. He sells jerseys and brings eyeballs in a way that few would.
    Yes. Has to be a DP. I think it would be brilliant. But I see why others don’t want to go backwards.

  30. #630
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    OK how about JDG or Gilberto?

    Or I could dig up another 20 names like them on other teams...
    The jury is still out on Gilberto. The guy was seriously just unlucky here. He could have hit 15 goals with us that season.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •