Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    But why would anyone think that this is a remotely interesting idea to Agudelo?
    Friends with Jozy. Three MLS Cup appearances in four years. The guy's been wallowing near the bottom of the table for some time (NE's improvements last season notwithstanding), maybe he wants to win. There will be chances to play when you're behind Jozy. And he's versatile enough for Vanney to plug him elsewhere if need be as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Friends with Jozy. Three MLS Cup appearances in four years. The guy's been wallowing near the bottom of the table for some time (NE's improvements last season notwithstanding), maybe he wants to win. There will be chances to play when you're behind Jozy. And he's versatile enough for Vanney to plug him elsewhere if need be as well.
    it’s great, we are the USMT safe landing zone! It is almost humorous how quickly the US turn on their players.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 12-04-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Players end up redundant for all kinds of reasons, change of coach and strategy is one of them. That still doesn't explain why NE didn't try to trade his MLS rights (he's not a free agent) and why 21 teams passed on him. It tells me there's something we don't know.
    He was making too much money, especially on the Revs. Who would want to pay $600K for what he has been bringing?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He was making too much money, especially on the Revs. Who would want to pay $600K for what he has been bringing?
    He's out of contract. You don't have to pay $600k (and I'm sure he knows he won't get that). Why did 21 teams not even want to take a crack at signing him?
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-05-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't reasonable to think that the parties would have reached out to one another prior to the selection? You'd figure they would have already discussed salary and Agudelo's willingness to come up north.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    Isn't reasonable to think that the parties would have reached out to one another prior to the selection? You'd figure they would have already discussed salary and Agudelo's willingness to come up north.
    This is what the 2nd round of this draft is about. As for why 21 teams passed? Lots of teams pass players every year in this for many reasons but the player's agent may have said his intention was to go to TFC or a winner so why waste the time in selecting a player that won't sign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still no MB contract.

I really feel something has come up throwing a wrench into the plans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Still no MB contract.

I really feel something has come up throwing a wrench into the plans.
    Let him go if he wants a dp contact. Not even sure he's worth a full team deal. He's a DM who isn't a great defender 🤨.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Let him go if he wants a dp contact. Not even sure he's worth a full team deal. He's a DM who isn't a great defender 廊.
    A DP contract for MB won't happen unless the FO are total idiots, and this would go down like the biggest mistake in TFC history... seconded only by signing Josy to that 3 year DP extension at that $$$$ salary...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    A DP contract for MB won't happen unless the FO are total idiots, and this would go down like the biggest mistake in TFC history... seconded only by signing Josy to that 3 year DP extension at that $$$$ salary...
    Imagine how much money tfc would have to spend this offseason without that extension.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...time for a few people to create a minor twitter storm about MB so maybe a journo will ask a question?

Usually works after a few days of transfer speculation...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t why anyone thinks this wait is about anything other than the CBA.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the new CBA will determine the new max hit for non DPs and Bradley has been very clear that he doesn't need a DP role to stay in Toronto, but he expects the max GAM/TAM/whatever. I think that's a completely fair request, and I'd be shocked if this was done before the CBA was completed.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is it exactly.

If I were running a team that was pretty much put together already I would hold as well until it all came out. You can easily tie your hands by doing hasty, stupid moves now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because some people are naïve and not logical

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think its anything else but the CBA.

&

I also think its worth a journo asking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let him go if he wants a dp contact. Not even sure he's worth a full team deal. He's a DM who isn't a great defender 廊.
    Agreed. He is not worth a DP contract at this point in his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Pretty sure Curtis said the Bradley situation would only take a week or two to wrap up after the MLS Cup.....
    My problem with Curtis is I think when he gave that declaration he knew at least 90% sure that nothing will be signed before the new CBA comes out.
    Why treat the TFC fan base like some stupid children?

We are getting used too much to these kind of bulshitter declarations, in present case 2 weeks meaning at least 2 months (I doubt the CBA gets done sooner).
    Another problem is that after all this, when Curtis will say about something to be solved in 1 month, we should expect 6-8 months, lol...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My problem with Curtis is I think when he gave that declaration he knew at least 90% sure that nothing will be signed before the new CBA comes out.

We are getting used too much to these kind of bulshitter declarations, in present case 2 weeks meaning at least 2 months (I doubt the CBA gets done sooner).
    Another problem is that after all this, when Curtis will say about something to be solved in 1 month, we should expect 6-8 months, lol...
    unless he thought certain things in the CBA would've been confirmed by then. Things once thought to be for certain may have changed?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    unless he thought certain things in the CBA would've been confirmed by then. Things once thought to be for certain may have changed?
    Big change I heard is the TAM issue and wages of higher paid players. League wants that to go up to get more 'stars' and MLSPA don't because it will possibly take away domestic players positions and they weren't happy that it's harder for domestics to get TAM as compared to internationals. The TAM rule and all that goes with it directly involves Bradley's contract one would think so he is caught in the CBA wars for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He carried this team on his back last year. Played shockingly well. Is needed and would be massively missed.

I still think they might get cute and give him an overinflated DP contract this year and then a non TAM deal for the following two or three. Would help the future salary CAP and roster construction immensely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about...tam max this season and next and dp the 3rd year and then the club buys him out...we dont lose a dp spot and bradley gets his money

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have seen Ali for a year now.

He is not a bullshitter. He is however naive, a bit eager, he isn’t careful enough in his public statements (he is a true greenhorn on these things, unlike Bez who was younger but somehow much better at it).

It's not the basis on which to evaluate the guy.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also wondering if TFC not announcing anything about MB is part of the CBA negotiations. Perhaps having Bradley signed would create some friction amongst the players that he would have nothing to fight for at the bargaining table. (I believe MB is on the players' negotiating team, correct?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have seen Ali for a year now.

He is not a bullshitter. He is however naive, a bit eager, he isn’t careful enough in his public statements (he is a true greenhorn on these things, unlike Bez who was younger but somehow much better at it).

It's not the basis on which to evaluate the guy.
    I have not said he is a bulshitter, and of course this is not the basis on which to evaluate him.
    However being in such a position at a top of a big organisation, and saying something like that in a matter of the highest importance for the organisation, now is looking unprofessional.

We, who are following closely for a lot of time everything around of the team we "know" Ali. But what about new fans, or fans of other teams in TO, who happen to read this declaration, and then, almost a month later absolutely nothing happened around the MB contract? For them it looks like a bulshitter declaration, and they may think this FO is not too serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the "two weeks" debacle I'm shocked they made the statement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cuz people like to freak out. It's not 2010 folks, it's ok. Take a deep breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Because some people are naïve and not logical
    Because Bill Manning clearly and specifically said at the year-end presser that they wanted to have the contract done 'in the next 7-10 days.'

That's why.

If they knew they needed to wait until the CBA, why the hell would he say that 3 days after MLS Cup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they have come to an agreement but are just waiting on the CBA. He is free to sign with other MLS teams and there arent any rumors of him leaving so I wouldnt be worried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they have come to an agreement but are just waiting on the CBA. He is free to sign with other MLS teams and there arent any rumors of him leaving so I wouldnt be worried.
    I'm not particularly worried, I just find it strange.