Results 991 to 1,020 of 2348
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    that would brilliant but i thought he was cap tied DR Congo
    Wikipedia only says France Under 19s... Go ask him on twitter. See if he will answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wiki says 4 games for Congo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Curtis speaks (note the sad bit about Ashton Morgan)

https://www.timescolonist.com/tfc-hu...cer-1.24048678
    We need to sign a young left back so I'm cool with them letting Morgan go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Wiki says 4 games for Congo.
    Missed that ...you are right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d be sad if that was the end for Morgan but get that the league has changed a lot since he first arrived on the scene. Hope there is still some role for him somewhere at the club.

I’m surprised he’s almost hedging on having someone here for the start of the season. I guess he doesn’t want to paint himself into a corner but I’d be a little wary of saying that after last off season lest people think he’s an overly analytical egg-head who can’t close.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    I asked a similar question a few days ago - with no answer(s)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So when does the team report for medicals and first day of training
    Best I can find is this:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...or-tournaments

Jan 11 - MLS Preseason begins for CONCACAF participant clubs (Atlanta, NYCFC, Impact, LAFC and Seattle)
    Jan 18 - MLS Preseason begins for rest of the teams.

There's this link too, that has some transfer window info as well as the same info as above.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...-also-released
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So apparently we drafted another kid from Syracuse - Ajax boy by the name of ....Nyal Higgins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6’2 CB too, he can either replace nephew or give TFC2 much needed depth.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the first two rounds of the draft are complete with the Reds welcoming four new players into the fold, fully expect these kids to maybe push for a MLS contract most likely a USL one. They will be up against the USL/academy kids. The last draft pick to really make a dent with the first team is Alex, so who knows.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/superdraft/2020/tracker

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So apparently we drafted another kid from Syracuse - Ajax boy by the name of ....Nyal Higgins.
    Nick Hagglund in disguise.

Great news regarding Mavinga. He and Omar have the qualities to form a dominant pairing. More bummed to read of him being cap-tied than Morgan (likely) leaving, to be honest. Really was a while coming, but he's a part of the club's history and I wish him well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll keep my expectations of the drafted players low. It’s an uphill battle lately for these guys to make it but hope they succeed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“The six-foot-two Higgins, who played three seasons at Oakland University before transferring to Syracuse, can play both centre back positions.”

Now that right there, is an unusual skill.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All four guys played for Vaughan.
    https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/mls...caps-1.5421252

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the TFC Academy.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    All four guys played for Vaughan.
    https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/mls...caps-1.5421252

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the TFC Academy.
    Not exactly a surprise either (re: TFC Academy not looking good again)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget we got Endoh in the draft too. So you never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC draft picks from the past 5 years:

2015: Alex Bono , Clement Simonin (US Bretons de Paris), Skylar Thomas (Valour FC), Wesley Charpie (Memphis 901), Edwin Rivas (Las Vegas Lights), Mike Ramos (Tacoma Stars), Sal Bernal (Unattached since TFC II), Tyler Engel (without club, never played pro)

2016: Tsubasa Endoh , Mitch Taintor (Sacrament Republic), Darius Maddison (North Greenlong Warriors), Brian James (Miami FC)

2017: Brandon Aubrey (retired) , Robert Moewes (unattached) , Øyvind Alseth (Ranheim NL) , Lars Eckenrode (South Georgia Tormenta), Juan Pablo Saaverdra (Virginia United)

2018: Tim Kubel (career break) , Drew Sheppard (Unattached since TFC II), Andre Morrison (unknown) , Ben White (unknown)

2019: Griffin Dorsey (TFC II) , Adamn Wilson (unattached) , Patrick Bunk-Andersen, (TFCII)

Notes:
    -24 drafted
    - 3 have played for the first team (Tsbusa Endoh, Dorsey got minutes in CCL play)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    TFC draft picks from the past 5 years:

2015: Alex Bono , Clement Simonin (US Bretons de Paris), Skylar Thomas (Valour FC), Wesley Charpie (Memphis 901), Edwin Rivas (Las Vegas Lights), Mike Ramos (Tacoma Stars), Sal Bernal (Unattached since TFC II), Tyler Engel (without club, never played pro)

2016: Tsubasa Endoh , Mitch Taintor (Sacrament Republic), Darius Maddison (North Greenlong Warriors), Brian James (Miami FC)

2017: Brandon Aubrey (retired) , Robert Moewes (unattached) , Øyvind Alseth (Ranheim NL) , Lars Eckenrode (South Georgia Tormenta), Juan Pablo Saaverdra (Virginia United)

2018: Tim Kubel (career break) , Drew Sheppard (Unattached since TFC II), Andre Morrison (unknown) , Ben White (unknown)

2019: Griffin Dorsey (TFC II) , Adamn Wilson (unattached) , Patrick Bunk-Andersen, (TFCII)

Notes:
    -24 drafted
    - 3 have played for the first team (Tsbusa Endoh, Dorsey got minutes in CCL play)
    Technically 5 have played for the first team - Simonin and Taintor played in 2 and 1 leagues games respectively. Dorsey also played in 1 MLS game. Still, not much, which shows how the draft is not very useful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Minnesota are in the market for a goalie....

Joe Hart has interest from other English teams and teams in Turkey too
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 01-09-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that whole list of draftees, besides Endoh and Bono of course, Simonin is the only guy I think was a real player. He had great ball skills for a CB, played a smooth game. Could've been an interesting player but his knee gave out on him and ruined his chance to round out his game. Real shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    In that whole list of draftees, besides Endoh and Bono of course, Simonin is the only guy I think was a real player. He had great ball skills for a CB, played a smooth game. Could've been an interesting player but his knee gave out on him and ruined his chance to round out his game. Real shame.
    Totally agree. Had clear technical skill. Pity he was made of biscuits.

He's been working with Jerome Meary since retiring. Putting that business degree to work...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    “The six-foot-two Higgins, who played three seasons at Oakland University before transferring to Syracuse, can play both centre back positions.”

Now that right there, is an unusual skill.
    Buddies cousin, rooting for him but not expecting much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Don't forget we got Endoh in the draft too. So you never know.
    Endoh has not exactly been a great steal. An international spot contributing marginally over 4 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Endoh has not exactly been a great steal. An international spot contributing marginally over 4 years.
    He has played regular and important first team minutes over the last 3 years. I'd say it's been more than marginal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    He has played regular and important first team minutes over the last 3 years. I'd say it's been more than marginal.
    Agreed Endoh has been worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wilfried Bony is available:

Former Premier League striker Wilfried Bony has been contacted by clubs in Major League Soccer, according to an interview he had with The Athletic.Bony, 31, is without a club after his contract with Swansea City expired in 2019. During his time with the Welsh club, the Ivory Coast international scored 39 times before being loaned out to Saudi Arabian club Al-Arabi.
    “That was a Brazilian club called Porto Alegre,” Bony told The Athletic. “They just made an offer and now my agent is talking to them. A lot of people are calling. We’ve got people from MLS and from Turkey. You never know where the best offer will come from.”
    Bony has also played for Manchester City and Stoke City in the Premier League, and began his time in Europe with Czech club Sparta Prague before moving to Dutch side Vitesse. He’s also appeared in 59 games for the Ivory Coast and has scored 18 goals.
    As a free agent, Bony wouldn’t require a transfer fee. The biggest obstacle, though, could be his wages after being in the Premier League since 2013.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Wilfried Bony is available:

Former Premier League striker Wilfried Bony has been contacted by clubs in Major League Soccer, according to an interview he had with The Athletic.Bony, 31, is without a club after his contract with Swansea City expired in 2019. During his time with the Welsh club, the Ivory Coast international scored 39 times before being loaned out to Saudi Arabian club Al-Arabi.
    “That was a Brazilian club called Porto Alegre,” Bony told The Athletic. “They just made an offer and now my agent is talking to them. A lot of people are calling. We’ve got people from MLS and from Turkey. You never know where the best offer will come from.”
    Bony has also played for Manchester City and Stoke City in the Premier League, and began his time in Europe with Czech club Sparta Prague before moving to Dutch side Vitesse. He’s also appeared in 59 games for the Ivory Coast and has scored 18 goals.
    As a free agent, Bony wouldn’t require a transfer fee. The biggest obstacle, though, could be his wages after being in the Premier League since 2013.
    He was a very useful PL striker for a few years, I think he would do well in MLS. But with TFC? Bit to much like Jozy I'd say.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So the first two rounds of the draft are complete with the Reds welcoming four new players into the fold, fully expect these kids to maybe push for a MLS contract most likely a USL one. They will be up against the USL/academy kids. The last draft pick to really make a dent with the first team is Alex, so who knows.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/superdraft/2020/tracker
    Endho (2016) was the last pick to make a dent in TFC
    Bono was picked up in 2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The downfall of the draft just emphasizes the importance of fixing or seeing results from the academy.

We can’t count on acquiring every player on our roster in the open market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Red View Post
    He was a very useful PL striker for a few years, I think he would do well in MLS. But with TFC? Bit to much like Jozy I'd say.

he was very good the first season he came to Pl, after that he was pretty poor. Maybe in mls he would do well, he seems to have down okay in Qatar on loan. He's currently with league 2 side Newport County keeping fit. Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near him if I were an MLS team. His name isn't big enough to generate interest, yet he would want big money and he's basically been in decline since 2015, albeit at a higher level. Maybe a change of scenery will refresh him, just not for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Endoh was terrific last year. highly impactful. Won games for us. Not DP level, but real value from a draft pick