Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on Gideon Waja? Midfielder out of Ghana that TFC2 signed two years ago. Haven't seen him with the team at all, and there was a rumour in early January that he may be returning to Ghana (although he shot it down). He also deleted all of his Instagram posts.
    https://sportsafric.com/2020/01/03/g...asante-kotoko/

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Piatti was on TFC's radar when Seba was around - so even if he does well, you probably won't give Curtis credit for this signing.
    Look at my earlier post. I already said I would give him credit for Piatti, good or bad:

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    From my point of view this is the signing that shows us whether Curtis has what it takes to put together a quality team. Unlike Pozuelo, this is the first major signing that wasn't mostly decided before he came or wasn't attributed primarily to Vanney's connections. Although scouted before Curtis came, this is Curtis's play, swim or sink (hopefully swim).
    Just on the radar is different from actively trying to sign, which Manning was already trying to do with Pozuelo. I don't give Curtis credit for that. This one is a Curtis decision.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-10-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    For me, he gets very little credit or blame for last year. Not his fault but he joined after all the major decisions were made or were in process, like Poz. Possibly the summer window was more his. Possibly.

This year is different. He’s had a year to evaluate roster construction, depth, academy etc, and look at our potential targets. I worry that they have been a little blind to our weaknesses due to the great run to the cup - so for me this year is a real test. Can they adjust in the summer window if needed is a big question as well as season opening roster construction.
    Exactly, my p.o.v. as well.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Any word on Gideon Waja? Midfielder out of Ghana that TFC2 signed two years ago. Haven't seen him with the team at all, and there was a rumour in early January that he may be returning to Ghana (although he shot it down). He also deleted all of his Instagram posts.
    Could be gone. Odolfo Ovalle is in the training camp and he played the same position as Waja on TFC2, so he may have beat him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    An international player that was mediorce in ULS 2. Whats the point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Let's face it, perception is reality.
    It's not what you say but how you say it.

Cheers
    I was fully balanced in my reaction post. You either didn’t read it or chose the most negative interpretation. Cheers!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Can we agree that if Gallardo does well, we can give Curtis the credit for that?
    I think Gallardo may be the surprise of the season. I watched him destroying first timers into the top corner one after the other in warm-ups last year. Definitely has skills.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So two roster spots still open, will one of them be filled by a third GK to replace Caleb? Also with some young Canadian TFC II types and draft picks still in camp will one or two of them possibly earn a first team contract ?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So two roster spots still open, will one of them be filled by a third GK to replace Caleb? Also with some young Canadian TFC II types and draft picks still in camp will one or two of them possibly earn a first team contract ?
    I guess they'll leave a roster spot open and use one of the TFC2 keepers (Klenofsky/Silva) as the "third keeper" and they'll just wait until a keeper is needed to sign an MLS deal. Or they might even use the MLS Pool keeper if needed as a backup. I wouldn't have minded Caleb back, he wasn't expensive (70,875 last year) had plenty of experience in Portugal, and he was very close to Auro because he was the only other player who was fluent in Portuguese.

I've never watch a 2 game so I've never seen any of them play (Caleb/Klenofsky/Silva), but I guess that's what they might do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I was fully balanced in my reaction post. You either didn’t read it or chose the most negative interpretation. Cheers!!
    Misread Canary, your posts are always pretty balanced

Cheers
    Derek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Misread Canary, your posts are always pretty balanced

Cheers
    Derek
    Thanks.

We do need a game so we can see what we really have!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in an interview about a week ago, Vanney said they were looking to sign 1-2 players. I wonder if we’re still looking to bring someone else in. Backup/starting LB, backup striker (looks like a no from Manning’s comments about Mullins), or a backup CB (would have to cut Zavaleta, and it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen for some unknown reason).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think Gallardo may be the surprise of the season. I watched him destroying first timers into the top corner one after the other in warm-ups last year. Definitely has skills.
    Would be entertaining on these boards if the season ending starting wingers, on merit, are Gallardo / Schaff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    or a backup CB (would have to cut Zavaleta, and it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen for some unknown reason).
    Zavaleta has been to 3 MLS Cup Finals, 1 CCL Finals and a number of Canadian Championships.

At this point, being 5th in the pecking order at $296,962 - perhaps isn't seen as a bad deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallardo is going to light it up this year, I don't think shaffleburg will do as well. Id prefer he gets a loan to work on his finishing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Gallardo is going to light it up this year, I don't think shaffleburg will do as well. Id prefer he gets a loan to work on his finishing.
    Given the apparent lack of movement on the LB front, I have to wonder if the club is viewing Shaf as a Lovitz-type guy: pace and energy along the wing that may not translate into attacking intent. I could get behind that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavaleta has been to 3 MLS Cup Finals, 1 CCL Finals and a number of Canadian Championships.

At this point, being 5th in the pecking order at $296,962 - perhaps isn't seen as a bad deal
    Go look at the guys in this league that make $300,000. He by far the worst. They have had since the end of 2018 to looks for a replacement from inside the league or from aboard. I’d rather use that money on a good backup striker and run with One of the kids as our 4th/5th CB.

Trust me, I know I’m really hard on him, but it’s because I truly think he’s bad. And I’ve been on this board saying this since mid 2017. I think it’s incredible that he can show up to training making that money, while we have starters making half that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Go look at the guys in this league that make $300,000. He by far the worst. They have had since the end of 2018 to looks for a replacement from inside the league or from aboard. I’d rather use that money on a good backup striker and run with One of the kids as our 4th/5th CB.

Trust me, I know I’m really hard on him, but it’s because I truly think he’s bad. And I’ve been on this board saying this since mid 2017. I think it’s incredible that he can show up to training making that money, while we have starters making half that.
    I think this is fair. He was good for 2016, but after essentially three years of tire fire he should be bought out and given up on at that price point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that Fraser with the amazing pass to Gallardo yesterday? It's hard to tell.
    That guy can deliver a through ball on a dime. He has so much potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, that screamer from 25 yards the other day looked like he's been working on it.

I don't worry about Shaffelburg. His upside is huge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christ.. I also watched those matches. What should I make given I share his top line resume qualities.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavs had a very good 2017.

And he started to regress in September of that year to the point where he was a backup only by the playoffs. He came back to play a role in the CCL but dropped off a cliff afterwards and has simply not recovered. As much as people like to think he's still there due to nepotism, he's on a guaranteed contract (Bez is responsible for that) - the fact he doesn't get into the squad is telling.

As the 4th CB, he is competing with young kids coming up. Not sure he qualifies for free agency after 2020 but unless he has a return to that 2017 form, he will not be around in 2021.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Zavs had a very good 2017.

And he started to regress in September of that year to the point where he was a backup only by the playoffs. He came back to play a role in the CCL but dropped off a cliff afterwards and has simply not recovered. As much as people like to think he's still there due to nepotism, he's on a guaranteed contract (Bez is responsible for that) - the fact he doesn't get into the squad is telling.

As the 4th CB, he is competing with young kids coming up. Not sure he qualifies for free agency after 2020 but unless he has a return to that 2017 form, he will not be around in 2021.
    It’s sad and we should stop picking on him. The fact that a player who was progressing could so dramatically regress (like Haggs) is worrying given the efforts to develop young Canadians. And this is a place where Vanney has demonstrated strength in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I dunno, that screamer from 25 yards the other day looked like he's been working on it.

I don't worry about Shaffelburg. His upside is huge.
    Jayden Nelson will pass him within a year. He might be a better player right now, Herdman seems to think so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we signing a back up left back or no?

Also anyone else notice since his tweet and interview, Marky is always instagram himself watching Liga and Copa Mx games???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jayden Nelson will pass him within a year. He might be a better player right now, Herdman seems to think so.
    He might. But Shaff plays with his head up. Nelson needs to learn that; if he can he might be incredible. But based on what I saw in TV, he is still young and has been able to dominate the leagues he has been in by sheer skill. They both have lots of upside potential. How it develops will be wonderful to watch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that Fraser with the amazing pass to Gallardo yesterday? It's hard to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That guy can deliver a through ball on a dime. He has so much potential.
    I think it was actually Pozuelo who passed to Gallardo. Fraser's passing is also good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    So we signing a back up left back or no?

Also anyone else notice since his tweet and interview, Marky is always instagram himself watching Liga and Copa Mx games???
    Don't quote me on it, but I believe Delgado has mentioned before he grew up as a huge Liga MX, specifically Chivas fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't quote me on it, but I believe Delgado has mentioned before he grew up as a huge Liga MX, specifically Chivas fan.
    It was talked about in the 2018 CCL run. He made some comment about it being a childhood dream to play in those grounds and against those Liga MX teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I remember reading that his Dad was a big LigaMX fan can't remember the team, so probably Chivas like you said, so that's how Marky got into it - he grew up with LigaMX