Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Bradley isnt worth 2 plus million.
    There is truth to this. Ozzie Alonso never made more than $1.4M. Diego Chara makes $600K.

I think Bradley will get more than $1.4M, just because of the track record of accomplishment here.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-16-2019 at 09:04 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    To be fair Ensco, there is one option - MB could be a DP at an inflated rate for one year and then a regular player at a significantly reduced rate for two or three years. Would have an interesting impact on future roster construction - and would be workable if the scorer they want isn’t available until the summer transfer window ie MB gets 5,000,000 this year and 300,000 each of the next three and the future DP gets TAM money this year (for half a season) and DP money next. I agree that this doesn’t seem to be what they are thinking - they want the new player here for the whole year - but there is something going on about how the agreement will be structured.
    That is maybe an interesting idea, if you somehow have a big player that you know is coming as a DP in 2021. Hard to imagine though.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Ultra & Proud;1913034]MLS Cup ratings have nothing to do with our market. Not our problem that people in LA, Atlanta, and other places without a dog in the final won't watch. Frankly, I could care less. Get us the best guy.[/QUOTE

I was referring to TSN Ratings, not the US market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That is maybe an interesting idea, if you somehow have a big player that you know is coming as a DP in 2021. Hard to imagine though.
    Yes. Unlikely because it needs perfect circumstances. I do think they have something up their sleeves though.

PS I am enamoured of it because it’s my idea! I particularly like Bradley saying: “I’ll take a modest contract at the end of my career”. Fantastic leadership.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Yes. Unlikely because it needs perfect circumstances. I do think they have something up their sleeves though.

PS I am enamoured of it because it’s my idea! I particularly like Bradley saying: “I’ll take a modest contract at the end of my career”. Fantastic leadership.
    Yeah he has to be back and for the rest of his career. Earlier this season I figured it was time to move in a different direction but Bradley is the heart of the team and I think he is intelligent enough to change his game to go with age. Just give him 4 years at a modest salary, make it a straight decade and then toss a statue outside gate 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Yeah he has to be back and for the rest of his career. Earlier this season I figured it was time to move in a different direction but Bradley is the heart of the team and I think he is intelligent enough to change his game to go with age. Just give him 4 years at a modest salary, make it a straight decade and then toss a statue outside gate 1.
    I am with you. He looked done. And then he looked superb. A hell of a year for MB. And he really is the player who turned the club around - maybe even more so that Tim L although he deserves lots of credit too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we stop? In what universe do the player and the club both publicly acknowledge that they are talking about a non DP deal, but then the player signs a DP deal.

Here is a blinding glimpse of the obvious: Bradley's staying, and it's non DP (or TAM) deal, and they are sorting out term, and what happens depending on different scenarios in the new CBA (if I am him, I'd say, just give me the non DP max under the new deal, whatever that is)

This could still be real money, eg $2-2.5M a year for 3-4 years.
    How would you do that if tam maximum is $1.5M?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A DP midfielder is definitely worth it. I would kill to have someone like Kevin Strootman.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    How would you do that if tam maximum is $1.5M?
    Who knows if it rises in the CBA and/or the cap overall goes up?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I was just reviewing the top soccer player salaries worldwide and other than the top three of Messi, Ronaldo, and Neymar, the rest are all probably acquirable if MLSE wants to splash the cash on a 3rd DP. For comparison, the 4th-highest paid player in the world is Paul Pogba at $33million per year, while MLSE is paying Kyle Lowry $34.9million per year for his services.

I wonder what would happen in a MLS owner-operator(say, Arthur Blank) decided to spend $50 million per year on their 3 DPs? Would Garber actively block it? Would it set off an arms race? It would be the most in-your-face method of getting other owners to "put up or shut up" on their desire to compete.
    Garber can't block it as he has zero say in league financial decisions. The other owners would block it and rightly so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    Garber can't block it as he has zero say in league financial decisions. The other owners would block it and rightly so.
    I mean if someone had Pogba (or similar) virtually signed would be a ridiculous decision to block it on so many levels. Some owners can legit afford it so it wouldn't be a stretch as Initial B points out.
    Last edited by portu; 11-20-2019 at 12:09 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All players signed are subject to league approval. So there can't be any rogue operators. It all depends on what the other owner/operators want to allow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, Osorio was battling with an Iron deficiency all season, which led to some weakness.

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...he-2019-season
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any website that accuraretly lists the contract status of our players (years left on contract)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont we find out today about options being picked up?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Dont we find out today about options being picked up?

Deadline is tomorrow at 1pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI, Bradley announcement is in two weeks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    FYI, Bradley announcement is in two weeks
    So pass through the re-entry draft and sign for less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    So pass through the re-entry draft and sign for less.
    It was in reference to the two wingers. Manning kept saying two weeks
    In his year end statement he said Bradley should be signed in a week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under the radar here but you would hope next year some of Dunn, Okello, or Perruzza start competing more vigorously for a first team minutes.

If nothing else Perruzza should be loaned out. He’s still only 18 and USL-2 looks too easy for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Under the radar here but you would hope next year some of Dunn, Okello, or Perruzza start competing more vigorously for a first team minutes.

If nothing else Perruzza should be loaned out. He’s still only 18 and USL-2 looks too easy for him.
    Yes it would be nice to find a new partnership for TFC to loan players to at a league higher then CPL or USL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I didn't see it posted here but there was a story in the Star that mentioned we're looking at a loan for Fraser if Bradley returns.

I still think I'd rather start reducing Bradley's load and getting Fraser more involved, but if Vanney doesn't want to do that then I guess it is better that Fraser is loaned out and gets to play. But if we go that route it needs to be somewhere where he really will play a lot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think Morrow is in play. I don’t think you expose a guy of that stature and expect everything to be hunky dory in the locker room next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaff should be loaned out to the cpl like telfer was. Perruzza is probably better than ayo so give him a shot next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think Morrow is in play. I don’t think you expose a guy of that stature and expect everything to be hunky dory in the locker room next year.
    I don't think the Morrow exposure is a big deal. If the FO was smart they would have explained to him that given his age, position, and salary he was highly unlikely to be picked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I didn't see it posted here but there was a story in the Star that mentioned we're looking at a loan for Fraser if Bradley returns.

I still think I'd rather start reducing Bradley's load and getting Fraser more involved, but if Vanney doesn't want to do that then I guess it is better that Fraser is loaned out and gets to play. But if we go that route it needs to be somewhere where he really will play a lot.
    The problem is that Bradley refuses to rest and Vanney can’t seem to make any headway in that battle or just chooses to ignore it.

While we’re better with him in the lineup, there have been a few games where he was clearly gassed but remained on the field to our detriment. I think it’s something we have to manage better for Bradley, Fraser, and TFC in general.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vets like Morrow know how it works. He knows he is nearing the end of his pro football days and is currently making decent money (for an MLS domestic). Every expansion draft there are a bunch of these kind of players exposed because teams know they're very unlikely to be selected. Happens every time. I don't think too much of being exposed but I wouldn't be surprised if management see Laryea & Auro as better starting options at FB so you never know. But again I think the new CBA will have a lot of say as to who stays and who goes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the deadline for contract decisions was 1 pm today. Has anyone heard anything yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    I thought the deadline for contract decisions was 1 pm today. Has anyone heard anything yet?
    NYRB just released there's (Robles, BWP gone, some others) so I'm hoping that's the start and we should hear soon.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hittin refresh like nobody's business. Nothing yet...
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)