Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Piatti is no doubt a starter and main piece to this team, just don't know if he will be our third best highest player or our fourth.
    If he's healthy he could be the best player on the team. He's the most proven and he's not that old, if McKechnie thinks he's healthy I trust him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    You don't sign a guy whose succeeded at a far higher level than Jozy as his backup, it'd be a complete waste of resources
    That completely ignores he’d be a starter on the wing as well as being Jozy’s backup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking forward to seeing this guy. I remember seeing posts way back about VV being too old or a Liga MX cast off.....and about Seba not being a goal scorer and being on the bench in series A or being too small etc......I hope his past injuries are behind him and he tears it up in MLS. If he was Italian or Portugués, he’d get more buts in seats....as reality is many people still think along ethnic lines.
    Last edited by Thomas; 02-05-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Somebody mentioned VV above. We were rescuing him from a bad situation in Mexico. That was different. btw, even with the trophies we only got two years with him before he wanted out.
    Didn't Vazquez leave because Qatar offered him something like $4 million a season and he was on $1 million here and we couldn't pay him more because he was TAM? He liked it here, but it was too much to turn down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Didn't Vazquez leave because Qatar offered him something like $4 million a season and he was on $1 million here and we couldn't pay him more because he was TAM? He liked it here, but it was too much to turn down.
    Correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got Vazquez cheap because of his injury maybe we can get a bargain on Piatti's. His value has to be somewhere between Victor Vazquez 2017 TAM salary and Gaitan/Nani current salary (2.2 and 2.46 million)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone watch that Delgado piece with KJ? Talk about trying to squeeze money out of TFC. We should found his replacement this off season and traded him. Could of got a pretty decent return

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Anyone watch that Delgado piece with KJ? Talk about trying to squeeze money out of TFC. We should found his replacement this off season and traded him. Could of got a pretty decent return
    Delgado makes likes 250k, not much in terms of pro sports. I can't blame the guy for trying to get more money. The interview wasn't a great look though. Osorio's agent leaked a few things about Europe in his contract year too. These guys gotta get paid, you never know when the whole pro sports thing will end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, good for them. He might not work but certainly a player of class. Hopefully not glass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd trade Delgado for tam if it were up to me. He came off like a prick in that interview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    His value has to be somewhere between Victor Vazquez 2017 TAM salary and Gaitan/Nani current salary (2.2 and 2.46 million)
    I have to confess, I've never quite understood the logic of these arguments that place a contract value on DPs. If I understand MLS Roster Rules (https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/off...nd-regulations), the only salaries we should care about are those between the minimum and $530k (where we can't apply TAM), and those between $530k and $1.53 million (where we can apply TAM). The moment a player's value is above $1.53 million, their actual salary is really of no concern. Regardless of whether they earn $1.531 million or $10.531 million, their cap charge is $530k. Sure, ownership (MLSE) has a business decision to make when negotiating DP salaries, but given that MLSE has shown historically and pledged prospectively to be more than willing to be the league's top spender, I don't follow why we debate DP salaries. Certainly we should care and debate whether we want a certain player occupying a scarce DP slot. But whether, say, Jozy makes his $6.5 million or hypothetically even more, seems of no concern. In the cases of Jozy and now Pablo Piatti, both these players would seem more than capable of commanding in excess of $1.53 million on the open market. So, if we want them on our team (and I do) they will occupy DP slots. At that point, I'm quite happy for them to earn as much as they can negotiate, and am equally happy to support a team whose ownership is willing to write big cheques. Am I missing something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of comparisons to Seba and VV, but the age that they came to TFC is key.

31yo, DP, winger? Facking hell...when is that ever a good thing. VV and Seba played succeeded because they played through the middle the engine.

... Again I'm not sold just based on what we have been needing. I hope to be surprised. But at this rate, we should've just went after Fabian Castillo. His contract is up in a few months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always liked Delgado as a player, but I have to be honest, his behavior here really rubs me the wrong way. I am not happy about this.

I understand why he would be frustrated, with less important players having signed richer deals since he signed his extension. I'm sorry, but them's the breaks. We happened to win the Cup and guys got extensions off of it. The extension he signed was in October 2016 which means he took the security of a 4 year deal. He could've signed a shorter deal and been on a bigger contract by now, but he didn't make that decision.

This is an especially bad look given how we've had Osorio and Bradley in back-to-back seasons playing on the last year of their contract without making a big fuss of things. There were some transfer rumors with Osorio but he wasn't posturing like this in the media.

I still think he will stay for the year because Vanney sees him as a critical piece but this has me pretty sour and if we traded him or sold him now I don't think I'd bat an eye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I'd trade Delgado for tam if it were up to me. He came off like a prick in that interview.
    Can someone link this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marky deserves a 350-400k contract. He's reliable, versatile, at a good age, with minimal injury history. It's absurd that Zavaleta makes more than him. And I don't blame him for taking this public when this club is so trigger happy with extensions for other players.

I hope the club resigns him and he stays so long as the figure is reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Marky deserves a 350-400k contract. He's reliable, versatile, at a good age, with minimal injury history. It's absurd that Zavaleta makes more than him. And I don't blame him for taking this public when this club is so trigger happy with extensions for other players.

I hope the club resigns him and he stays so long as the figure is reasonable.
    towards the end of last year Marky played great. He was a main reason we kicked lafc's butt.
    I think he is a guy that should be subbed at 70 or so minutes because he gives everything he has got for 70 minutes and he must be dead by 70 minutes.
    the amount of distance that guy runs per game is unreal, and at full speed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a fluff piece for TFC don't take this seriously
    I actually thought he came across as a bad actor in the interview.
    hey Marky dont quit your day job for acting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He came across as very young, naive, and frustrated. The MLS is brutal on its domestic players - the union is weak and the CBA is really crap for the majority of players. He absolutely has to try to maximize his earning potential. The players really need too go on strike and break the insane salary cap DP structure. Until that happens - you have to game the rules.

I’d say this..we should have a policy of players signing an extension before they enter the final year of their contracts. If you can’t get resolution - you get traded for some value. Delgado for me has been solid - the miss destroyed him for a year and half...but he finally has come through that. He’ll be stronger for it now. He’s been one of us for a long while now. I’d be happy if he can be re-signed...3 MLS Cup Finals and a CONCACAF Final with the guy you can’t ask for much more...and if he scored that fucking goal he would be a TFC Legend forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Can someone link this?
    https://www.tsn.ca/tfc-must-tread-ca...blic-1.1438325

What I can't believe is that Altidore actually re-upped his previous comments about Bradley:

“I’m here first for my teammates and the fans. That’s where my loyalty lies,” Altidore said. “I wear my heart on my sleeve. I back my teammates because those are the ones I go into battle with on the pitch. That will never change. I have no regrets about backing my guys or doing what I think is best for the fans to make sure we have the best possible team to win championships. Sometimes you have to tell it like it is. I think players should have that right and not be taken out of context or disrespectful because I wouldn’t have been here six years if I didn’t love this club, the fans and these players.”

Jozy WTF. He can't keep saying stuff like this without definitive proof the club fucked up, and that can only come from Bradley. So if Bradley wants to speak out about it, he should. But it really looks bad for Jozy to keep coming out with stuff like this without showing proof.
    Last edited by James17930; 02-06-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    https://www.tsn.ca/tfc-must-tread-ca...blic-1.1438325

What I can't believe is that Altidore actually re-upped his previous comments about Bradley:

“I’m here first for my teammates and the fans. That’s where my loyalty lies,” Altidore said. “I wear my heart on my sleeve. I back my teammates because those are the ones I go into battle with on the pitch. That will never change. I have no regrets about backing my guys or doing what I think is best for the fans to make sure we have the best possible team to win championships. Sometimes you have to tell it like it is. I think players should have that right and not be taken out of context or disrespectful because I wouldn’t have been here six years if I didn’t love this club, the fans and these players.”

Jozy WTF. He can't keep saying stuff like this without definitive proof the club fucked up, and that can only come from Bradley. So if Bradley wants to speak out about it, he should. But it really looks bad for Jozy to keep coming out with stuff like this without showing proof.

not sure what was so wrong with what Jozy said there.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    The TFC beat has been on landslide since Larson and Molinaro left it. This might be the first time I've read a Sun article since Buffery took over, IMO he is extremely lacking as a journo.
    Buffery more seems like he's doing sarcasm for cheap laughs, kind of like Cathal Kelly often does. While that may seem "refreshing" after the ring kissing journalism of recent years, it gets old very quickly. While he has some valid concerns, it looks like TFC are doing due diligence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Lots of comparisons to Seba and VV, but the age that they came to TFC is key.

31yo, DP, winger? Facking hell...when is that ever a good thing. VV and Seba played succeeded because they played through the middle the engine.

... Again I'm not sold just based on what we have been needing. I hope to be surprised. But at this rate, we should've just went after Fabian Castillo. His contract is up in a few months.
    so you wouldnt take willian or mertens as new signings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's healthy he could be the best player on the team. He's the most proven and he's not that old, if McKechnie thinks he's healthy I trust him.
    So why didnt TFC use McKechnie for Bradley's injury ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    not sure what was so wrong with what Jozy said there.
    Because his original comments basically said that the club screwed over Bradley in terms of his treatment. That the medical staff were incompetent and handled the injury wrong. He directly contradicted Curtis and Vanney's take on the situation. That's pretty damning. But he, as yet, has not provided any proof, and we haven't heard anything from Bradley about it, so we have no way of knowing.

So at this point, he should either keep quiet or present some evidence, and not hide behind some non-committal statements like 'I'm backing my guys.'

Because, sure, nothing wrong with backing your guys, unless what you asserted was blatantly wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    So why didnt TFC use McKechnie for Bradley's injury ?
    Maybe they did. We have no idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing this guy. I remember seeing posts way back about VV being too old or a Liga MX cast off.....and about Seba not being a goal scorer and being on the bench in series A or being too small etc......I hope his past injuries are behind him and he tears it up in MLS. If he was Italian or Portugués, he’d get more buts in seats....as reality is many people still think along ethnic lines.
    I dunno bout that, Argentina produces amazing players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed.
    Not nearly good enough to come off talking like that, and europe? LOL

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    I dunno bout that, Argentina produces amazing players.
    That’s not what he was getting at. There are people in Toronto who will come watch any Italian player whether they are better than Piatti or not. Same with Portuguese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So no Piatti? Or does he take 1.5 or whatever the max tam is now. Or does TFC sign a u23 guy now?

Clubs will continue to have the right to sign up to three Designated Players in the new CBA. The league will have the right to limit the compensation for the third Designated Player to the maximum TAM Salary, unless the player is 23 years old or younger, in which case there will be no limit.
    Last edited by Mikmacdo; 02-06-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS is dumb, dumb, dumb.