Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    Cool story, centre-of-attention bro. Do you tweet?
    Go to 12/26 and 12/27 in this thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Go to 12/26 and 12/27 in this thread
    hilarious. good night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this all means Bradley is on $631K then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we get an aging no-name winger padding his retirement fund instead of the striker we desperately need. I really despair and the management of our club. We still haven’t replaced Séba in kind, despite repeated promises from the front office. If Curtis and Manning think Akinola and Mullins are adequate cover for an injury prone Altidore then they’ve really lost it. Totally underwhelmed by this signing and the fact that the cost means we will still be powder puff up front next season. Do these idiots managing TFC ever bother to watch a game or do they do all their strategizing on Championship Manager?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    So this all means Bradley is on $631K then.
    Elaborate? I would assume he's around the old max TAM ($1.5 million or whatever it is exactly).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow I'm outta here for tonight, some of these hot takes, not worth the bother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say we're looking pretty damn good. We know this team can work its way through a knockout tournament and we practically have 4 DPs thanks to Bradley renegotiating.

A renewed Ciman, Omar for the whole season, a rested Poz, a hopefully improved and adjusted Gallardo... I'm very okay with all of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to wait and see how this all pans out before casting stones of judgement. I'm assuming that the FO did their due dilligence. I still feel this waiting around was to wait and determine the finalized CBA before committing to someone. I'll choose to believe that they did the best they could with the cards they were dealt. It took us a couple of years to warm up to the "In Bez we trust" mantra, so I figure Curtis will need until 2022 before we sing the same refrain or are calling for his head. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground these days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Elaborate? I would assume he's around the old max TAM ($1.5 million or whatever it is exactly).
    Can't have 4 DPs. Any player over $631K is a DP unless they amended and grandfathered this. He was said to be at the max contract before DP when he resigned. We assumed it would be TAM but those spots don't exist anymore. If not grandfathered he is max of $631K.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 02-07-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    So we get an aging no-name winger padding his retirement fund instead of the striker we desperately need. I really despair and the management of our club. We still haven’t replaced Séba in kind, despite repeated promises from the front office. If Curtis and Manning think Akinola and Mullins are adequate cover for an injury prone Altidore then they’ve really lost it. Totally underwhelmed by this signing and the fact that the cost means we will still be powder puff up front next season. Do these idiots managing TFC ever bother to watch a game or do they do all their strategizing on Championship Manager?
    No name winger who made all la liga team? LOL

HEs 30 not that old.

They still might sign another striker like they tried to with Juan. Maybe Ayo is the man? who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't have 4 DPs. Any player over $631K is a DP unless they amended and grandfathered this. He was said to be at the max contract before DP when he resigned. We assumed it would be TAM but those spots don't exist anymore. If not grandfathered he is max of $631K.
    TAM existed when he signed though. Very hard to believe he is that low

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a strong chance that people complaining about Piatti would be doing back flips if we brought back a 33 year old Giovinco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its an intriguing signing. Could be awesome. might never play. VV part two. The thing that makes me worry is that we were lucky with VV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Max TAM is still 1M above the max budget charge.

Piatti and Bradley are both likely on 1.6M a year the difference being they are using TAM to buy down Bradley below max budget charge and Piatti will be a DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Max TAM is still 1M above the max budget charge.

Piatti and Bradley are both likely on 1.6M a year the difference being they are using TAM to buy down Bradley below max budget charge and Piatti will be a DP
    Thats how I see it.

Hope it works out. Excited to see him play. But it is weird .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not so sure about that. I bet they lose someone key in the summer and the west actually did improve as opposed to the east that's a mixed bag. Besides they'll have to get through Seattle in the playoffs and I wouldn't put my money on them to do that.
    Good point , and Seattle is going to go with all it’s young players at the beginning of the season because of Concacaff , they want it . They know they can back into the playoffs . But they maybe very burnt . With the main structure still in LAFC and 2 new young hopefuls , plus they know the taste of defeat ......I’ll take LAFC ...I think they’re way above us all . InterMiami will surprise , DC also , Kansas has always had the coach and now put out $$$ for a scorer , hopefully Columbus picked the right guy , LA Galaxy is again a one man show , Atlanta is better ...Montreal can a coach make them better ? Van nah but they have got a CMT star Cavallini who I wish we had .
    so much fun....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name me 10 players in MLS who could start 4 games in La Liga.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's an overpay, but I really don’t know the player (btw nobody here does).

Feels like a $500-750K player, to me.

A similar, but younger player, Victor Rodriguez, got $1.1M a year and mostly disappointed in Seattle.

Hope I am wrong.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-07-2020 at 10:28 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    TAM existed when he signed though. Very hard to believe he is that low
    TAM still exists. It's only the league provided "mandatory TAM" that's disappeared, the optional TAM that's paid by the team itself still exists for high spending teams that want to shell out their own money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The next logical step for us would be buying out Zavaleta and getting cover for Jozy. But Zavaleta is clearly not being bought out and the FO clearly sees false nine Pozuelo as sufficient back-up.

So, this is the team for the seasons, boys and girls.

If healthy, I think it's a contender out of the East. Conference finals would be nice.

Mavinga, Jozy, Piatti, Auro need to stay fit.
    Last edited by portu; 02-07-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think it's an overpay, but I really don’t know the player (btw nobody here does).

A similar, but younger player, Victor Rodriguez, got $1.1M a year and mostly disappointed in Seattle.

Hope I am wrong.
    No comparison, the biggest team he ever played for was arguably Zaragoza which is now in the second division. I get that people are pretty foreign to La Liga around these parts but the likes of Valencia, and to a lesser degree Espanyol, shouldn't be doubted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    The next logical step for us would be buying out Zavaleta and getting cover for Jozy. But Zavaleta is clearly not being bought out and the FO clearly sees false nine Pozuelo as sufficient back-up.

If healthy, I think it's a contender out of the East. Conference finals would be nice.

If you buy out nephew and hope for a TFC2 CB to replace him, all it takes is an injury crisis at CB and you'll be kicking at yourself for losing depth. Until we have a CB down the pipeline that can replace Zavaleta as our fourth CB, I rather stick with the devil we know than gamble on a potentially worse CB as depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope I am wrong.
    His salary at Espanyol was 3.2M euros a year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still have two roster sports to fill, let’s see who steps in ?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tam is turning into gam , eventually , 2020 = Gam 1.5M , Tam 2.8M approx . Bradley is in there somewhere .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More like Morrow instead of Auro, at least if Auro is out we have Laryea. We have nobody to really back up Morrow, it would have to be Auro or Laryea on their off side, or like... Shaffelburg.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Less goals and never really had a breakout season.

Its a risk - I'd say its a little more probable then Mavinga, Auro, Aketke, & VDW but less then Vasquez. More importantly, this confirms that the team is being built around Poz now, not Bradley/Jozy. I fully expect a midfield of Fraser/Bradley, Oso/Delgado & Poz.

On another note, with a rental and the full young DP role coming in next season, I'm thinking they will be looking for that wide guy who will be a Jozy replacement next year. They might even attempt to bring in somebody with a big name who is young, fallen down the ladder somewhere, but not quite in their prime. Time to start looking at who is 21 out there and a speedy #9.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-07-2020 at 11:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno about this. Not so much the pedigree or age (both are fine) but the injury history. I put zero faith in the examination by our medical staff.

You have a target man up top who has trouble staying on the field you want to wrap up more salary in another potential injury risk? Doesn’t seem terribly smart.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They still have this year's buyout available, so who knows, we shall see.

Add Pozuelo to your "need to stay fit" list. I know he was iron man over his two-country super-extended season last year & a half, so hopefully this season will be much easier on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no cap relief for a buyout yeah? It's more so to dump a player who you don't want around the locker room and free up a roster spot.

In any case free agent Zavaleta with be a thing in the future. I hope.....

We are still kinda thin at CF, LB, and CB to my eyes. CF and CB has been a known issue for a couple years now.