Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Benezet is fully healthy he should definitely start, but then Endoh should go to right wing, Pozuelo should drop back to midfield, and Osorio should be the super-sub

If Jozy is hurt, it'll probably be Oso in midfield and, for better or worse, Poz as a false nine. Mullins starting would be more natural, but not sure Vanney will trust him to start a playoff game, and not sure I would either

Also Laryea at right back please. And honestly Auro at LB. I'm really sad to say it, but I think Morrow is past it. And Auro has been arguably better at LB than his natural position, maybe because it's more natural for him to do that annoying "immediately stop moving once you get the ball" thing he always does

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Good result, the defense looked better than it has most of the season.

I like Endoh but I think Benezet should start. What is Jozy cant go? Maybe Endoh, Benezet and Poz up front?
    Can Endoh bring the same amount of physicality? I think his skills are pretty top notch but if we're going for finesse, Gallardo might even be better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How often has fortune ever favoured TFC? The best outcome we could hope for in terms of playoff seeding and the chance to watch Rooney play his last game in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The difference between Endoh and Gallardo is Endoh has a good sense of when he should pop inside and show for a pass or start working the inside channel. Gallardo looks purely like a guy who wants to drive for the touch line and bang a cross or a direct ball to the striker. Useful of course but not quite as versatile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Also Laryea at right back please. And honestly Auro at LB. I'm really sad to say it, but I think Morrow is past it. And Auro has been arguably better at LB than his natural position, maybe because it's more natural for him to do that annoying "immediately stop moving once you get the ball" thing he always does
    Agree Laryea > Auro. But I think you find another LB option in the off season. It’s noticeable how little trust Morrow has from his teammates when we have the ball. Good servant to TFC over the years but we need someone more versatile in that spot if we’re going to continue to stick with this crazy formation.

I see Auro as a backup for either fullback spot, which is useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfect results all around today, other than Jozy's injury. I hope he'll be available against DCU.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DCU is going to bunker but their attack is pretty much all through the middle.

RB is not going to be the issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could have easily been 3-0 today. Our team is looking good at the right time. I like our chances against D.C.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold on, I'm confused.

On the MLS website it shows that the winner of us and DC play NYC, regardless of the winners of the other two matches.

Is that right? And if so, why?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Hold on, I'm confused.

On the MLS website it shows that the winner of us and DC play NYC, regardless of the winners of the other two matches.

Cause Americans are addicted to brackets.

This will likely only get changed once a team in 4th or 5th that has a lot of media pull gets skrewed as the 6th & 7th place teams both win. You might here a bit of whining if LAG won & both Portland & Dallas did but as LAG winning pits them against LAFC, nobody in the league is going to complain - us & DCU don't really care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold on, I'm confused.

It’s a bracket. They don’t automatically re-shuffle pairing the hghtest and lowest ranked team in each round

NYC gets a first round bye as the top seeded team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's correct!
    Hold on, I'm confused.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highest seed will play the lowest seeded team.
    The other teams Atlanta(2) or Philly(3) are more likely to advance. Which allows the better team to have more home field advantage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I see Auro being moved on in the summer. he just isn't up to MLS standard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess so.

Just seems weird to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Red View Post
    I see Auro being moved on in the summer. he just isn't up to MLS standard.
    Hes ranked as the third best player on tfc from whoscored.com on the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Hes ranked as the third best player on tfc from whoscored.com on the season.
    I don't get that line of thinking either. He's fine. Only major problem with Auro is that he sometimes drifts inside and leaves acres of space but his defense has improved all season. He made a few fine interventions today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC certainly drew the short end of the stick on this one. Its a 12 noon kickoff vs DC in the opening round of th playoffs at BMO Field on Saturday, October 19th as per the schedule on the MLS's website.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    TFC certainly drew the short end of the stick on this one. Its a 12 noon kickoff vs DC in the opening round of th playoffs at BMO Field on Saturday, October 19th as per the schedule on the MLS's website.
    That's a placeholder. The actual date and time are subject to change. The club said in an email that the date and time will be set in the next few days.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That's a placeholder. The actual date and time are subject to change. The club said in an email that the date and time will be set in the next few days.
    It said shortly, the TFC website has now been updated. Big factors here are that Seattle and Atlanta have to play on the Saturday due to NFL home game the next day. They are both playing relatively at the same time on the Saturday 3 pm and 3:30 pm due to the fields needing to be prepared for the NFL. There is a lot setup for the TV networks etc. Also on this side of the border TSN already has CFL games on at 4 and 7 pm.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That game time is a joke. We should have been slotted into a 5pm Sunday afternoon slot. I understand the need for Seattle and Atlanta to be played when they are. There would be no conflict with anything, the Redskins are in Miami for a 1pm kickoff. The only possible conflict might be the Nationals if they are still going then.

What irks me most is I have a family function on that Saturday and now I will have to miss this game. Looks like I will be putting my 2 tickets up for sale

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Could have easily been 3-0 today. Our team is looking good at the right time. I like our chances against D.C.
    We gotta be honest, Columbus also had a bunch of good opportunities. Normally they might put away one or more of those. Both goalies stood on their head. In addition to coming out sharply on a number of Crew chances, Westberg got his fingertips on the great shot by Diaz, otherwise that probably hits the underside of the bar & goes in. Both teams were a bit lucky on D, and a bit unlucky on offense.

On the balance of play, the result is certainly fair. TFC had the edge on possession, shots etc. But that game could have gone either way, and I expect playoffs to be similar. A team with better finishing will be hard for TFC to handle. Hopefully Jozy can shift into his playoff clutch mode. He's getting an MRI for quad problems after going down awkwardly -- fingers crossed that works out OK!!

Benezet helped to rejuvenate TFC when he came on. But I absolutely don't understand why Gallardo or Shaffelburg don't get a sniff, e.g. after Altidore had to come off.

Playoff game at noon: LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree Laryea > Auro. But I think you find another LB option in the off season. It’s noticeable how little trust Morrow has from his teammates when we have the ball. Good servant to TFC over the years but we need someone more versatile in that spot if we’re going to continue to stick with this crazy formation.

Oh I totally agree with this. For however many games we have left this season though I'd rather Auro at LB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Cause Americans are addicted to brackets.
    It's not just that - I can see once the league gets to 28 teams that they will have a full 16 teams in the playoffs. Then the brackets won't matter as much as they'll have the winner of #1 vs #8 play the winner of #4 vs #5, while 2/7 and 3/6 play as currently formatted. That's about as balanced as the NHL. And once the brackets are set, it gives teams more surety as to who they will be facing in the next round so they can plan tactics and ticket art ahead of time. Seriously, MLS couldn't ask for a better western bracket as the second round could see both the Traffico and Cascadia rivalries go head to head. They want a repeat of the 2016 Toronto-Montreal clash.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Hagglund doesn't even play for us anymore and he's still more useful than Zavaleta
    hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The difference between Endoh and Gallardo is Endoh has a good sense of when he should pop inside and show for a pass or start working the inside channel. Gallardo looks purely like a guy who wants to drive for the touch line and bang a cross or a direct ball to the striker. Useful of course but not quite as versatile.
    havent seen if gallardo can shoot from distance, but endoh sure can;. which is why that inside cut becomes so valuable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their goalkeeper played brilliantly. I honestly don't know how he saved that chance from Bradley. Need to keep an eye on that guy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Their goalkeeper played brilliantly. I honestly don't know how he saved that chance from Bradley. Need to keep an eye on that guy.
    He was the keeper for Curucao in the Gold Cup - a really good pickup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    He was excellent for Columbus. That save on Bradley was a Save of the Year candidate. He also saved Mullins' shot with his arm and that was going in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    He was excellent for Columbus. That save on Bradley was a Save of the Year candidate. He also saved Mullins' shot with his arm and that was going in.
    He saved that? Wow, thought it went straight off the post.

Agreed he played really well. Wrong footed on the Poz goal but with someone like that taking the shot from dead centre of the 18 it’s a tough one.

Good game from Westburg too I thought