Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 34 - Columbus @ TFC - Sunday Oct 6 4pm - Electric word, life

Lets get nuts

Have at It People

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I expect Michael and Jozy to play in the USMNT games, I hope they sit. But I see that it’s a forlorn hope.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    As I expect Michael and Jozy to play in the USMNT games, I hope they sit. But I see that it’s a forlorn hope.
    You are probably right. I thought the USMNT was only playing Canada on the October 15, but I see the USMNT is also playing Cuba on October 11.

After that, it's full speed....
    Round 1 - October 19/20
    Conference Semis - Oct 23/24
    Conference Finals - Oct 29/30
    MLS Cup - Nov 10.

Very little time for rest!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know we're probably the only team that will have a third of our starting line-up playing for one of the two sides here at BMO Field? I'm hoping that Vanney has negotiated with Berhalter to only play Bradley and Altidore in the Canada game and leave them at home for the Cuba game. That way they don't have to travel at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah, he doesn't need Bradley and Altidore to beat cuba or Canada, he can just leave them off altogether and go with some younger kids ........ yeah, that's the ticket.

also lets get the points vs. Hams and the boys.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    ah, he doesn't need Bradley and Altidore to beat cuba or Canada, he can just leave them off altogether and go with some younger kids ........ yeah, that's the ticket.

also lets get the points vs. Hams and the boys.
    JHams has barely been playing for the Crew, 38 minutes in 3 games since the trade. I see both Jozy and Michael being selected, no doubt.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with Berhalter is that he could pick anyone and he is pretty random. He does value MLSers though. Guess we'll see if he values MLS next week judging by his call ups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy and Bradley will be called up on the shortlist for Cuba and Canada. https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...ctober-matches
    Last edited by pfk; 10-02-2019 at 01:17 PM. Reason: not guaranteed, but on the shortlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Jozy and Bradley will be called up on the shortlist for Cuba and Canada. https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...ctober-matches
    Concacaf nation's league tournament.
    You have to laugh at this nonsense.
    If you take this seriously it's not good for ones health

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    JHams has barely been playing for the Crew, 38 minutes in 3 games since the trade. I see both Jozy and Michael being selected, no doubt.
    just being hopeful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Concacaf nation's league tournament.
    You have to laugh at this nonsense.
    If you take this seriously it's not good for ones health
    ?

Nations Leagues are replacing friendlies around the globe. It's a better system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    ?

Nations Leagues are replacing friendlies around the globe. It's a better system.
    After it became obvious we weren't going to win supporters shield, we lost cdn championship and most likely no home playoff game we only have one thing left to get excited about, to cheer about, something to care about. And that one thing the MLS cup a bunch of our star players have to play in the nonsense games a few days before our first game instead of resting and being one hundred percent strong to go after the MLS cup.

Where is the outrage??? There is none? The insanity around me drives me insane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's hope Jozy and Michael play against Canada and not Cuba. Americans love playing for the USA - although Jozy is clearly tired this will motivate him. That's the best we can do, a motivated Jozy.

And P, I think you are missing what is going on here. This is FIFA trying for more control and $$$$$$$. They have it brilliantly - players are free by comparison to club contracts. And they get really really wealthy from sanctioning these kinds of competitions. i bet MLS is making money here thorough SUM TV or DAZN or something.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 10-02-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Let's hope Jozy and Michael play against Canada and not Cuba. Americans love playing for the USA - although Jozy is clearly tired this will motivate him. That's the best we can do, a motivated Jozy.

And P, I think you are missing what is going on here. This is FIFA trying for more control and $$$$$$$. They have it brilliantly - players are free by comparison to club contracts. And they get really really wealthy from sanctioning these kinds of competitions. i bet MLS is making money her thorough SUM TV or DAZN or something.
    For sure it's for the money
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-03-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without Nations League, we as a country go back to playing Azerbaijan on a training pitch in Austria.

Nation's league will get CONCACAF better as a whole, which ultimately benefits both the CanMNT & TFC.

If you all want to go back to the days when we struggled to get friendlies together, well good luck with that.

Is there more $ involved? OF COURSE

Is this new system better then the old one? Yup

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... how about the game against Columbus?

I say TFC wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    So... how about the game against Columbus?

I say TFC wins.
    To continue on with the conversation, the Crew have always given us tough matches regardless of their situation. I expect this one to be no different. However, we need to go all guns blazing.

If Arthur and Trapp start in the deeper midfield roles, then their midfield's there for the taking. If it's David Guzman, Trapp, and Artur, it'll be tougher. We need Pozuelo to play on the right but drift inside in order to break down that midfield 3. Benezet will help big time, too, but if we play a midfield 3 of Oso, Bradley, and Delgado, we'll lose that incisiveness. In that case, Endoh has to start on the left. Jozy would like to have runners when he's on the ball, anyways.

If we get the setup right, we can have a dynamic midfield that'll destroy the Crew's defensive shape. Delgado and Pozuelo have the potential to work well together along with Laryea. We also need Jozy to be on his game; without him being in top form, our attacks break down way too easily. Regardless of the fact that we can't control our playoff destiny, we should do our best to win and hope that others around us screw up.

Finally, I look forward to the atmosphere. I think BMO Field will be raucous this Sunday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, we need a solid 90 mins and a win would really help with motivation moving into the playoffs. This nine game unbeaten streak is getting close to the 2017 record of 11, let's hope they have that in the back of their minds giving them an extra push.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its going to be a wet day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Its going to be a wet day.
    Weather forecasts are not always that accurate this far out. I always check the day of so I don't prepare until then. Forecast can totally change in 24 hrs. Any word on this year's toques? Maybe they should have made it ponchos...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody has pointed out so far that given the draw in Columbus earlier this year, a win would give TFC the Fake Rivalry Cup.

This also means that the game can't end with a draw, they'll have PKs so that someone will get the cup. At least I remember them doing that one year.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-03-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    this also means that the game can't end with a draw, they'll have pks so that someone will get the cup. At least i remember them doing that one year.
    tfc + pk = lol

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody has pointed out so far that given the draw in Columbus earlier this year, a win would give TFC the Fake Rivalry Cup.

This also means that the game can't end with a draw, they'll have PKs so that someone will get the cup. At least I remember them doing that one year.
    TBH in all these years did not realise there was an 'actual' cup- so thank you for posting but this brings to mind ... since we win it in 2017...does that mean we should have had a a 4th cup on our scarves...what comes after 'treble'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    TBH in all these years did not realise there was an 'actual' cup- so thank you for posting but this brings to mind ... since we win it in 2017...does that mean we should have had a a 4th cup on our scarves...what comes after 'treble'?
    It's not really an official tournament even though we do get a nice trophy. It feels more like something to stoke up a rivalry between TFC and the Crew. If you want to count it, I guess you can say that we won the 'quadruple'.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ in 2017 the players didn't even celebrate the Trillium Cup or even bring it to their locker room. They dropped it off for the supporters, who didn't care either, lol. MB later said to the media they didn't care about it, they only cared about the points.

When MLS created this cup (one of several of these for several supposed "rivalries"), Montreal wasn't in MLS yet and they wanted to promote Columbus as our "local rival." It was fake from day one.

It's about as valuable as the "participation trophies" kids get.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-03-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait the game can't end in a draw?

What? Really?

Just melt it down already, no-one gives a fuck.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Reds, have one major rival, only one opponent that when they play them its considered a derby and it certainly is not the Crew, Tic Tac ...

In all seriousness the Reds need to win this one and head into the post-season on a high note regardless of it starting on the road or at home. Cant worry about what other teams are going on the day.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    ?

Well, sort of. I agree with forcing the teams to play games, especially Canada which has been perpetually lazy about scheduling.

However, when you look at the last minute change for the HEX format and this nations league requirement, teams like Canada that are just outside the bubble are really getting screwed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well, sort of. I agree with forcing the teams to play games, especially Canada which has been perpetually lazy about scheduling.

However, when you look at the last minute change for the HEX format and this nations league requirement, teams like Canada that are just outside the bubble are really getting screwed.
    Yeah, but that's a WC qualification issue, not a Nations League problem. More specifically it's CONCACAF being inept as usual.