Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    I remember this happening for TFC. I think that Hagglund went in net.
    Yeah you are right. Found a tweet with one of his saves. Forgot about that.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...298525696?s=20
    Last edited by Joe Kool; 09-30-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    We have completely lost the winning mentality. MP reason for us to expect a win or a significant play off run.
    I don’t agree with this. We’ve lost Seba’s magic and haven’t replaced it.

Against Columbus and in the playoffs I expect the “3” to be Benezet Jozy Poz with the midfield Bradley Oso Marky. We will cause problems for teams with that level of quality

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody has any clue what will happen in this insane playoff format. With us or anyone else.

I bet (i) a ton of these games go to PKs, and (ii) form and seed don't matter that much.

Depth will be huge as anyone who goes to extra time will play another game after 120 minutes on four days rest. (This is the biggest effing joke of all- wait until that actually happens. The blowback will be huge)

This format has decreased my true level of engagement. I'll get pumped if we wake up from the coin flips and are in the conference final.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-01-2019 at 07:40 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berthalter's Columbus team in 2017 were the model for what we are going to see. Columbus went into Atlanta, bunkered, got shelled, didn’t break. Steffen stood on his head 17 times and they won in PKs. Still maybe the most lopsided game, in terms of a team losing that should have won, I have ever seen. Then they came here and nearly did the same to us - easy to forget, that was a super tense tie, it took one of the top 3 goals in team history to win that second leg late, and they missed a sitter at the death that would have put us out.

Get ready for Berhalter ball.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Nobody has any clue what will happen in this insane playoff format. With us or anyone else.

I bet (i) a ton of these games go to PKs, and (ii) form and seed don't matter that much.

Depth will be huge as anyone who goes to extra time will play another game after 120 minutes.
    I have been looking but cannot find the actual play-off game format. Are they

1) 90 minutes - then Penalties,
    2) 90 minutes then extra 30 (new game).
    3) 90 minutes then extra 30 (golden goal)
    4) 90 minutes then extra 30 then penalties.

Can't find a link anywhere.

Probably think it is 4, but who knows... 90 minutes then extra 30 then penalties.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    4) 90 minutes then extra 30 then penalties.
    Yeah, same as before.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Depth will be huge as anyone who goes to extra time will play another game after 120 minutes on four days rest. (This is the biggest effing joke of all- wait until that actually happens. The blowback will be huge)

This format has decreased my true level of engagement. I'll get pumped if we wake up from the coin flips and are in the conference final.

Red card madness
    Injuries
    1 bad call
    VAR

If people are into anarchy, this will be it.

Its going to take about 3 seasons until people realise that the league table result getting you Supporters shield or into CCL or Leagues Cup will be more important then what happens in a one off on a Wednesday night in Foxboro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Red card madness
    Injuries
    1 bad call
    VAR

If people are into anarchy, this will be it.

Its going to take about 3 seasons until people realise that the league table result getting you Supporters shield or into CCL or Leagues Cup will be more important then what happens in a one off on a Wednesday night in Foxboro.
    Can't wait to see the first stupid VAR call costing someone their season. Probably will be us knowing our luck.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why wouldn't they just move all the games to the weekend instead of playing them through the week and give everyone a week between games? They are still finishing at the same time. They would most likely get more viewers and fans to the stadiums...seems like it would be obvious..