Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    looked liked a definite red card from my seats in 126. He took down the impact player who was on a clear breakaway.
    Thanks. I haven’t seen any replays come up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Thanks. I haven’t seen any replays come up.
    There was another defender there. But clear foul and awfully hard to deny that it was a clear goal scoring opportunity.

I thought the guy was offside but it doesn’t matter and didn’t matter then.

Jozy and Poz were gassed. Maybe should have left Morgan in and brought Mullins and Gallardo on as someone else suggested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    No champions league.

I'd rather be in Champions league over MLS cup playoffs to be honest. The goal has to be the best on the continent not just the league
    Same. Been there done that with MLS. I wanted us to be the first non Mexican team to win the CCL. Looks like 2 year old LA is gonna beat us to it.

Not giving guys a rest and going for all in for 4th in the league is dumb. Even if we did get it (big if) and get through the first round we're still playing away the rest of the way.

Pozuelo has been so much less effective in the second part of the season. He'll have nothing left in the tank come playoff time.

In what other league would a regular season game be prioritized over a Cup final with Champions League on the line?
    Last edited by Lennon; 09-25-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't what I think of Morrow.
    He was beat time and time again by the Montreal player coming at him, but yet nothing came of it every time. TFC was able to recover and force a weak shot by the Montreal player.
    Bad game for Jozy.

not sad at all we lost, great that we don't have to pay for a game at BMO in February
    Last edited by stevep; 09-25-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default POZ gassed or overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Bummer.

No blame to Vanney and the players looked like they gave it all.

Poz is gassed. He’ll have to rest Sunday.
    Poz at 10 mil transfer plus 3 mil per is insane thank you Bill Manning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw the highlights.

Time to go throw up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Unforgivable.

Missing three kicks out of four from the spot is simply poor preparation. A pro-footballer should never miss a 24x8 foot target from 12 yards. If they do they’re doing something wrong. I know the goalie and nerves play a factor, but if you aim for either top corner you take the keeper out of the equation. It simply comes down to the accuracy of your shooting. If you’ve ever been on the pitch and looked at the goal from the spot you’ll know what I mean. It seems simply impossible to miss. The number of crucial kicks that we’ve missed that have cost us (2016 MLS Cup, 2018 Guadalajara) is too high to be pure chance. The only explanation is that PKs are not part of Vanney’s training routine and its now cost us three trophies.
    This 100x!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Same. Been there done that with MLS. I wanted us to be the first non Mexican team to win the CCL. Looks like 2 year old LA is gonna beat us to it.

Not giving guys a rest and going for all in for in the league is dumb. Even if we did get it (big if) and get through the first round we're still playing away the rest of the way.

Pozuelo has been so much less effective in the second part of the season. He'll have nothing left in the tank come playoff time.

In what other league would a regular season game be prioritized over a Cup final with Champions League on the line?
    The LAFC game was the best they have played since Mexico. Hard to second guess that. But they didn’t quite have enough in the tank tonight.

They need to rest some guys for the playoffs.

And Jozy looks totally out of shape. What’s up with that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day when your first two subs are your left and right back what do we expect to happen....

The players were gassed by the end. Why not DeLeon and then Gallardo instead of auro and Mullins? As much as TFC had significant chances they missed, Vanney lost this game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can’t have a PK and a red in consecutive games without consequences. Looking forward, Ciman has to start over Mavinga.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I really don't agree. Two early fullback subs, when neither was injured AFAIK?
    I would have substituted Morgan myself. The Impact were doing all their offensive plays through him because he was slow and his positioning was suspect. He also killed TFC's attack several times by doing a simple pass-back instead of pushing the ball forward. TFC's attack got noticeably better with him off the field.

I like Morgan, but he was better suited to the slower pace of TFC before recently as a stay back fullback. Vanney's current speedy wing play isn't Morgan's forte. I would have been tempted to start Shaff, raw as he is, to fulfill the Canadian quota.

The second sub seemed like tiredness, although I'm not sure.

The one sub I would have done differently would have been to take of Jozy, who was having a really bad day, and leave on Endoh. I think that nearly happened.

Of course, TFC gets in one of those near goals and we don't even have this discussion.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-25-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I don't what I think of Morrow.
    He was beat time and time again by the Montreal player coming at him, but yet nothing came of it every time. TFC was able to recover and force a weak shot by the Montreal player.
    Bad game for Jozy.

not sad at all we lost, great that we don't have to pay for a game at BMO in February
    Father Time takes its toll on everyone, especially fullbacks. Morrow is starting to slow down.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game highlights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Game highlights

put on slow speed, go to 3:54 he is offside,
    of course handball by auro

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    This is a joke. Practice penalties.
    This would be logical. But not for our coaching staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    put on slow speed, go to 3:54 he is offside,
    of course handball by auro
    Lappalainen is in the MTL half when the ball is played, so he's not offside

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said it 2 weeks ago, and I’ll say it again. Jozy has been invisible for over a month now, and Poz is completely out of gas. Both of these things for me will hinge on TFC’s chances in the post season. Altidore better wake up, or we might ourselves on another heartbreaking tight loss in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Father Time takes its toll on everyone, especially fullbacks. Morrow is starting to slow down.
    The game has evolved too. You used to be able to get away with a much narrower skill set as a MLS fullback. Laryea and Auro can both step into midfield and make a good forward pass. And both offer something more tangible in the final third. Sure Morrow platooned upward for a bunch of garbage goals one season but that’s never been the reason why he was a valuable to the team. Morrow’s key was he was always solid defensively. Now that he’s starting to look more gaf prone i’m wondering what his future might be.

I think this team lacks someone who is a A-type personality and is hell bent on winning. Everyone seems too calm about setbacks. 3 points against NYC FC turned into 1, same against LA. This game we barely stay in it enough to make it to penalties. There needs to be more killer instinct. More desire to go out and be the best, not just better than last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I think this team lacks someone who is a A-type personality and is hell bent on winning. Everyone seems too calm about setbacks. 3 points against NYC FC turned into 1, same against LA. This game we barely stay in it enough to make it to penalties. There needs to be more killer instinct. More desire to go out and be the best, not just better than last year.
    I agree. I felt that we lacked hunger, desire, the killer instinct. Whatever you would like to call it. For long stretches it looked like we playing with a 1 goal lead and not vice versa. We need to find a way to get back to that 2017 that went out looking for blood every single game. I'm not sure why people are hating on Bono for the result. Sure he didn't stop a pk but our scorers had 3 shots either miss or be saved FFS. Bono would have had to of been perfect just for us to lead and from 12 yards the odds on that are extremely unlikely.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz is running on fumes
    Mavinga's decision making
    Delgado's passing
    Jozy's fitness
    General ability to get shots on target

6th game in 18 days - these guys are dead on their feet & in their brains

Their first mid week break since the Labour day weekend is next week - need to push through the Chicago game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    This would be logical. But not for our coaching staff.
    They said on the broadcast that both teams practiced penalties this week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight I thought Vanney's subs were poor and I didn't like a gassed Poz lined up on the wing while Delgado had a ton of space to waste in the middle. That match screamed for Gallardo to stretch the width and let Poz work in the space opening in the middle, especially after we went up 1-0.

So much for keeping the LAFC faster play and intensity going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I said it 2 weeks ago, and I’ll say it again. Jozy has been invisible for over a month now, and Poz is completely out of gas. Both of these things for me will hinge on TFC’s chances in the post season. Altidore better wake up, or we might ourselves on another heartbreaking tight loss in the playoffs.
    I agree on Jozy hes been awful but Poz is still providing excellent scoring chances for Jozy and others they just cant finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    Lappalainen is in the MTL half when the ball is played, so he's not offside
    yes, I read that on comments on mls.com
    never knew that was the rule

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well so many things to mention and they have already all been mentioned
    Poz on the side and looking outta gas, still providing some great balls in though...he needs a rest. next season he should come back in full form with having played so much lately.
    Jozy just looked completely off all night, had a bunch of chances he could have put away but never seemed to do anything with it. was really unimpressed after his pk that he just sat on the ground while the rest of the team mates were all huddled together (he's part of the team regardless of a missed shot, bradley went over and tapped him on the back and he just sat down) Montreal just looked more like a team before the pk in a big team huddle and then all standing together as a team at half.
    Lareya did great work, still think he goes down far too easily and just needs to try shooting. I'd love to see a stat on how many times he has gone dribbling into the 18 and yet never get's a shot off..
    I didn't really agree with the first subs either, maybe even the mullins for endoh since he was doing great out there too. but in a game you are down 1-0 and you subbed in two defenders that didn't look like they needed to come off..
    I think morgan was doing better than morrow out there as someone mentioned everytime they rushed down morrows side they were getting around him
    Auro was a clear hand ball in the box, very lucky that didn't get called
    mavinga..not sure what to say about him..but between his clumsy fouls and zavs a few games ago, seems they are losing focus at the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    They'll need to practice harder with the playoffs coming up. Any game could go to penalties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    They probably come up with a new bracket format

Since there are 13 teams (3 MLS, 1USL, 7CPL, 1 League1 1LigueQuebec), I could see them doing a full 16 team bracket with 3 byes (2 Finalists - TFC, Impact and the CPL champion likely Calvary). Especially with the performances of the CPL teams against the MLS/USL squads - all 3 had 1 tie and a one goal loss (except Calvary which won by one goal); it would add validity to the CPL and make them less 'minor league' by having them enter at the same stage as Vancouver and Ottawa. Could also add an extra 2 League1/Quebec teams - for League1 the League Champs (Oakville) and Playoff Champs (FC London or Masters Futbol) and same for Quebec - assuming Blainville doesn't win both) meaning there will be 15 with 1 bye (Montreal)
    TFC 2 and the CSL Champions should be competing for this cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    was really unimpressed after his pk that he just sat on the ground while the rest of the team mates were all huddled together (he's part of the team regardless of a missed shot, bradley went over and tapped him on the back and he just sat down)
    He was sitting down at the final whistle pretty much right until he took his kick. To me, I assume he's hurt again in some way or else seriously gassed. The last time he took that shit of a PK and looked like he did before and after the miss he missed a couple months.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    There was a quote circulating that they dont practice them often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I agree. I felt that we lacked hunger, desire, the killer instinct. Whatever you would like to call it. For long stretches it looked like we playing with a 1 goal lead and not vice versa. We need to find a way to get back to that 2017 that went out looking for blood every single game. I'm not sure why people are hating on Bono for the result. Sure he didn't stop a pk but our scorers had 3 shots either miss or be saved FFS. Bono would have had to of been perfect just for us to lead and from 12 yards the odds on that are extremely unlikely.
    Agreed. It’s not any individual result that bothers me. Road points in NYC and against LA are certainly prized. Coming back to force penalties here not terrible either.

But... if we really stepped on it could we have gotten more from at least some of these games? (Or other ones earlier this season). I feel like we certainly could.

I think it’s those sorts of challenges that will say whether we have a real chance of making a run in the playoffs when the margin of error is slim. The way we play now, we could give someone a close game and not quite make it and everyone would pat themselves on the back for effort. The 2017 team would have never settled for that, anything less than a championship would have been disappointing.