Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Voyaguers Cup Final 2nd Leg - IMFC @ TFC Wed Sept 25 7:30pm - I Want It All

Give me Something to Feel

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To get the Cup we must beat Montreal by at least 2 goals, in regulation time or overtime.
    That will be incredibly difficult... because:

- When was the last time TFC won at home with at least 2 goals difference?
    On July 7 (3-1 with the Red Bulls)

- How many games TFC had since at home with MLS opponents?
    5 (Houston, Cincinnati, Orlando, Montreal, Colorado)

- Digging even further:
    In this whole season, from a total of 16 MLS home matches, TFC won just twice with a difference of at least 2 goals (this is shocking!)

- For Montreal winning the Cup is the difference between an acceptable season and a disaster season.

PS: To have any shot at the Cup, TFC needs to get at least 3 goals, because our defence can get a clean sheet just in Footy Dreamland.

Sorry if all this sounds a bit pessimistic, but it's just a cold analysis of the stats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    To get the Cup we must beat Montreal by at least 2 goals, in regulation time or overtime.
    That will be incredibly difficult... because:

- When was the last time TFC won at home with at least 2 goals difference?
    On July 7 (3-1 with the Red Bulls)

- How many games TFC had since at home with MLS opponents?
    5 (Houston, Cincinnati, Orlando, Montreal, Colorado)

- Digging even further:
    In this whole season, from a total of 16 MLS home matches, TFC won just twice with a difference of at least 2 goals (this is shocking!)

- For Montreal winning the Cup is the difference between an acceptable season and a disaster season.

PS: To have any shot at the Cup, TFC needs to get at least 3 goals, because our defence can get a clean sheet just in Footy Dreamland.

Sorry if all this sounds a bit pessimistic, but it's just a cold analysis of the stats.
    All true. But I don’t see why it can’t be done. We played a Huston game type lineup against the pretty much the best the impact had to offer. at their own park. Minus The GK change and what not. We still managed to stay with them. Our back 4 only had one regular in it as did the MF The impact slowed right down and that was just by putting poz. And Jozy in. I think we can put 3 in for sure As for the clean sheet history tells us that’s not going to happen. But I think we can put 3 in for sure. They had solid chances to put 3 or 4 away and they didn’t. But we also had 3 or 4 solid chances as well to make it a draw. I think a 3-1 reds win is exactly what we will see Wednesday night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will annihilate them. I'm not worried.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm only worried about guys being tired - they looked it on Wednesday. They are going to look it tonight against a team that didn't play midweek.

If they put it all on the line on Wednesday, fair enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm only worried about guys being tired - they looked it on Wednesday. They are going to look it tonight against a team that didn't play midweek.

If they put it all on the line on Wednesday, fair enough.

Do we know if they used a charter after saturdays game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They looked pretty damned awesome on Saturday. If that game is what it takes to re-active TFC, I'm all for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A mix of sun and cloud on Wednesday with 30% chance of showers. Good Impact-beating weather.

3-0 for the good guys.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope Benezet is ok and available since we are more dangerous with him. Is Gallardo ever going to get into full game shape before the end of season? Should we start his 2020 preseason now? Would be great to see a similar lineup and performance to Saturday's game but not sure how it will be. Depends on how everyone was after the game and if they can recover. Really need to take it to the Impact on Wednesday so we don't rely on late game heroics or anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I think Montreal will win is because they will be absolutely, totally desperate and most of them will be playing for their jobs on Wednesday and will be an order of magnitude more intense than TFC. I wouldn't be surprised if Saputo axes 90% of the club contracts at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    The reason I think Montreal will win is because they will be absolutely, totally desperate and most of them will be playing for their jobs on Wednesday
    I would agree but that's something that they don't look concerned about now. It looks like quite a few of them would welcome the Joey axe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think TFC will start fast and get 2 goals already in the first 30 minutes. Even though Impact are desperate, they won't have Taider and possibly not Borjan. So it will be down to in Piatti to do something magical in this, his probable Voyageurs swansong. We should be fine after 90 minutes. I am ready to celebrate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the LA game I was worried until the final minutes about giving up a goal. This team knows how to do that. So I face wednesday with the same trepidation. 1 goal from them and we need 3. So. I'm hopeful but fearful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Hope Benezet is ok and available since we are more dangerous with him. Is Gallardo ever going to get into full game shape before the end of season? Should we start his 2020 preseason now? Would be great to see a similar lineup and performance to Saturday's game but not sure how it will be. Depends on how everyone was after the game and if they can recover. Really need to take it to the Impact on Wednesday so we don't rely on late game heroics or anything.
    There will be more Canadians. Morgan starts likely. Maybe Shaff. And I don’t think Benezet will be ready - maybe in Chicago.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    In the LA game I was worried until the final minutes about giving up a goal. This team knows how to do that. So I face wednesday with the same trepidation. 1 goal from them and we need 3. So. I'm hopeful but fearful.
    I expect that most of us will be quite nervous until the end unless TFC goes up 3-0 earlier.

It's hard to decipher how Montreal will play. Are the players discouraged, ready to throw in the towel? Or will they play all out for their jobs? I honestly could see either scenario and either team winning.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thinks the Canadian content is Laryea, Morgan & Osorio. Apart from that, with the exception of Bono, I think it the starters, even on defence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would start
    Bono
    Laryea-Omar-Ciman-Morrow
    Osorio-Bradley-Poz
    Endoh-Jozy-Shaff

Bring Benezet off the bench for the Shaff at the half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be Bono's 99th start for TFC, tying Stefan Frei.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tfc/comment...d_to_make_his/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I would start
    Bono
    Laryea-Omar-Ciman-Morrow
    Osorio-Bradley-Poz
    Endoh-Jozy-Shaff

Bring Benezet off the bench for the Shaff at the half.
    I would rest Poz and put in Benezet. But I don’t think he will be ready.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this should go without saying but to anybody not sure about going tomorrow -

GET YOUR ASSES DOWN THERE TOMORROW NIGHT & BRING IT FOR 90.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I would rest Poz and put in Benezet. But I don’t think he will be ready.
    Rest out best player in a final? NO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"There is no opponent that Toronto FC have played more often, beaten more often, or scored against with higher frequency than the Montreal Impact."

https://www.wakingthered.com/2019/9/...ntreal-preview

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this should go without saying but to anybody not sure about going tomorrow -

I think you are right, this is one game i might want to travel 3 hours to take in..watch them raise the cup!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be great to see everyone actually in their seat for kickoff too. Just for a change. Don't have to tell many on this board probably since most of us probably are so likely wasting my time saying this but would be amazing to see that. I know it won't happen but I can dream can't I? Just to have the stadium rocking from the start instead of filling in slowly over the first half. It always amazes me to see from my perch at the top of the south end how many people are leisurely walking to the stadium still from the parking lots or GO station while the game is already underway. It is tough commute sometimes during the week but we know that way TO is....I wish more people would plan for it if that is their excuse. Crappy workplaces that don't let their people go early enough are excused...if that is you sorry to hear that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Would be great to see everyone actually in their seat for kickoff too. Just for a change. Don't have to tell many on this board probably since most of us probably are so likely wasting my time saying this but would be amazing to see that. I know it won't happen but I can dream can't I? Just to have the stadium rocking from the start instead of filling in slowly over the first half. It always amazes me to see from my perch at the top of the south end how many people are leisurely walking to the stadium still from the parking lots or GO station while the game is already underway. It is tough commute sometimes during the week but we know that way TO is....I wish more people would plan for it if that is their excuse. Crappy workplaces that don't let their people go early enough are excused...if that is you sorry to hear that.
    I agree with you that the stadium should be full at the start of the game. I haven't seen it full at kickoff once, not even the MLS Cup. Even on weekend games with fewer work committments for fans, some will rock up mid way through the first half.

I'll be there on time tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Rest out best player in a final? NO!
    he looked done against LA. Even athletes this good can hit a wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    I agree with you that the stadium should be full at the start of the game. I haven't seen it full at kickoff once, not even the MLS Cup. Even on weekend games with fewer work committments for fans, some will rock up mid way through the first half.

I'll be there on time tomorrow.
    That's me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we're in for some warm-ish and windy weather for game time. Somewhere around 20-22 degrees, with a gusty wind from the south/southwest at 29km/h and gusts up to 44km/h.

Hold onto your hats!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So there's no hope of getting a stream for this, right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    So there's no hope of getting a stream for this, right?
    Pretty much - One Soccer isn't being picked up yet by the usual stream merchants.