Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He certainly had work to do.

The way i’ve seen the game called in recent years, if you get very little of the ball and take down the attacker you’ll get called for the foul.

I’d say that’s very clearly what happened here. Anything Mavinga did in the challenge did less to influence the play than taking down blessing did.

Seems consistent and fair to me. If one of our guys got taken down like that in the box like that and there was no foul i’d be roundly pissed
    The hand ball in the first half is always a PK under VAR. my beef is no VAR for that, but VAR for Mavinga when he did get the ball. Fair enough it’s a foul possibly after the ball, but the handball wAs clear and obvious.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Is that drone of noise really supporting your team though? Football ebbs and flows. To me the LA support are nothing but wannabe ultras with their monotonous chants from beginning to end, whether they’re winning or losing. It’s just a wall of noise, neither intimidating, nor supportive. For me it’ll never beat the rise in atmosphere after a good passage of play from your team. Singing the same song for half an hour, with a nice little choreographed dance, inst really getting behind your team. Some groans amidst the cheers lets the players know when they need to raise their game, just as a rise in the noise after a successful attack tells them they’re doing well.

The LA thing isn’t for me. Just another dark aspect of modern football
    Stupidest post I've read on these boards for a very long time.

I hope you don't sit in the South end cause your what's wrong with it. I would kill for an atmosphere like LAFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We continue to take little steps towards peaking at the right moment.

Unbelievable performance to build on, if let down by mans doing kung fu in the box.

Kung fu, tho. *sigh*

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Yes. That still makes us 5th.
    It will take one of them winning out to do that. Might happen. But as likely not to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    We continue to take little steps towards peaking at the right moment.

Unbelievable performance to build on, if let down by mans doing kung fu in the box.

Kung fu, tho. *sigh*
    still support Mavinga, he is a great player, through adversity grows strength.
    this wont happen again to him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    still support Mavinga, he is a great player, through adversity grows strength.
    this wont happen again to him
    Absolutely; hands-down been in my top three fav. players for the last couple years.

Mans doing Aikido in the box, tho—literally seconds to go.

Aikido.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    It will take one of them winning out to do that. Might happen. But as likely not to.
    DC has a game in hand and still plays Cincinnati.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest; we are staring at 5th which to me is the worst playoff position to be in as you play 4th on the road and then face a resting 1st place team (who gets a bye) on the road too. At least 6th and 7th don’t play rested teams in the second round if they win, and 6th could still host a game in round 2, if 7th beats 2nd; which 5th has no opportunity to do in round 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga isn’t good enough. He’s had those calamitous rushes of blood to the head far too often. He snatched what would have been a statement win away in such an awful way. He’s a big part of why we have had no clean sheets this season. he’s a shadow of the 2017 player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that drone of noise really supporting your team though? Football ebbs and flows. To me the LA support are nothing but wannabe ultras with their monotonous chants from beginning to end, whether they’re winning or losing. It’s just a wall of noise, neither intimidating, nor supportive. For me it’ll never beat the rise in atmosphere after a good passage of play from your team. Singing the same song for half an hour, with a nice little choreographed dance, inst really getting behind your team. Some groans amidst the cheers lets the players know when they need to raise their game, just as a rise in the noise after a successful attack tells them they’re doing well.

The LA thing isn’t for me. Just another dark aspect of modern football
    I thought it was just me. I'm not sure if they knew a game was going on. People with panda heads on, people dancing.... You're correct it was just a wall of noise regardless of what was happening on the pitch.

Some of the "dance moves" were fucking cringeworthy. If I was an LA supporter I'd be at the top of the southend as far away from that nonsense as possibly. Ugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Stupidest post I've read on these boards for a very long time.

I hope you don't sit in the South end cause your what's wrong with it. I would kill for an atmosphere like LAFC
    You’re missing the entire point. Cheering mindlessly, not paying attention to what’s going on in the game is not supporting your team. If you’d kill for an atmosphere full of clapping pandas, singing the same song for30 minutes I suggest you find another sport

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’re missing the entire point. Cheering mindlessly, not paying attention to what’s going on in the game is not supporting your team. If you’d kill for an atmosphere full of clapping pandas, singing the same song for30 minutes I suggest you find another sport
    Lol totally agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like, something that we used to know....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A draw on the road is never a bad thing. What made this game special was that FO finally recognized MLS competition remains their #1 priority. Was very impressed with the resurgence but kept thinking all game how Seba could take this team to the Cup again.
    Last edited by 69Chevy396; 09-22-2019 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great fight by this team. I said before the game I’d be ecstatic if they came out with draw, and I am, but mannn.... I just hope these 2 points, and 2 points we blew in New England don’t come back to haunt us. If we still clinch 4th, this won’t sting as much, but am I the only one who thinks this team can do damage in the post season and hoping for a potential home final? That tie basically crunched that happening.

One things for sure, today was the last day of the season that a draw is acceptable. Got to knock off the tic tacs on Wednesday, and win our last 2 games. And then post season...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it’s nice to have clinched a playoff spot, however, the goal is trying to get that 4th.spot and get a home playoff game. You finish 7th., and unless you make the MLS Cup and the western team your facing in the final has less regular season points than TFC, then your playing all your playoff games on the road . No playoff games at BMO that would suck. Looks like anything less than 4th. place and chances of a home playoff game are pretty slim. I hate this new playoff format hopefully they go back to the home and away two game series. Maybe change the two game home and away series to a two game total points series , that way even if a team were to get blown away in the first game they would still have a chance in the second by just winning the second by any score and forcing overtime and penalty kicks if needed in the second game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the game on PVR, gutted but I think we are being a bit harsh on Mavinga. He hits that ball clean 9 times out of 10. Perhaps his positioning could have been better but that makes Mavinga, Mavinga. When we play our full squad, we are a team to be reckoned with. OG and Mavinga are looking better every game. Win the last 2 and we have a really good shot at home field. Worst case Washington and New York are two pretty good cities for a road trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Yes it’s nice to have clinched a playoff spot, however, the goal is trying to get that 4th.spot and get a home playoff game. You finish 7th., and unless you make the MLS Cup and the western team your facing in the final has less regular season points than TFC, then your playing all your playoff games on the road . No playoff games at BMO that would suck. Looks like anything less than 4th. place and chances of a home playoff game are pretty slim. I hate this new playoff format hopefully they go back to the home and away two game series. Maybe change the two game home and away series to a two game total points series , that way even if a team were to get blown away in the first game they would still have a chance in the second by just winning the second by any score and forcing overtime and penalty kicks if needed in the second game.
    With you. Montréal 2106 was epic. Want more of that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With you. Montréal 2106 was epic. Want more of that.
    A draw last night will be the impetus for FO to field the best possible lineups in the final two games, as the team tries for 4th place. In other words, no B squad for next weekend. Let the B squad play on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Yeah, Vanney doesn't care at all. That's why he put in a solid line-up, and the team responds with their strongest game in 2 years. It's all Vanneys fault. Wish there's a way to mute these comments.
    It may have come out negatively (partly due to my immediate frustration), but whilst he'll be gutted too, he'll still see that as a good result against the best team this year.

I have zero criticism for Vanney's approach yesterday. He was clearly playing to win, and we should have won. I just don't think he'll be as frustrated with that result as some of the players/fans, which is fine. LAFC are a solid side, and even I'd have taken a 1-1 at the start of the match.
    Last edited by Omar; 09-22-2019 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Adding context

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how anyone who supports the club can be okay with a draw here. Regardless of us sitting back the entire second half and Mavinga's individual mistake, why were there five minutes added to stoppage time to begin with? This was the league favouring LA and giving them one last shake at a result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hand ball in the first half is always a PK under VAR. my beef is no VAR for that, but VAR for Mavinga when he did get the ball. Fair enough it’s a foul possibly after the ball, but the handball wAs clear and obvious.
    No arguments there. The handball rule still baffles me to this day in MLS. It never gets called consistently.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    I'm not sure how anyone who supports the club can be okay with a draw here. .
    Because its football.

Unkel almost always gives 5 minutes - and that was a Pen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should be talking about what we saw yesterday tactically from TFC in the first half. I’ve never seen any other MLS team pull that off. I think we tried something similar earlier this year but went down in flames trying.

It was incredible to watch. The fluidity which the players changed positions was incredible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    To be honest; we are staring at 5th which to me is the worst playoff position to be in as you play 4th on the road and then face a resting 1st place team (who gets a bye) on the road too. At least 6th and 7th don’t play rested teams in the second round if they win, and 6th could still host a game in round 2, if 7th beats 2nd; which 5th has no opportunity to do in round 2.
    Except the possibility of playing at DC then NYCFC isn't that daunting at all. We play like last night for another month and a bit and it really won't matter. Like said earlier, playing tough away matches is still in our DNA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We should be talking about what we saw yesterday tactically from TFC in the first half. I’ve never seen any other MLS team pull that off. I think we tried something similar earlier this year but went down in flames trying.

It was incredible to watch. The fluidity which the players changed positions was incredible.
    Bradley, Delgado & Osorio man marked their midfield. It flummoxed LAFC completely as everything goes through that 3 & they have no width in the middle 3rd.

The goal is eye popping when you look back. Watch it on this video near the beginning.

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-cinche...lafc-1.1369675

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 points I would like to make unless it has alreeady been addressed:

1) Why was Morgan standing beside Laryea when the goal was scored on the right side? He replaced Auro on the left. Looks that Blessing would have been his man to mark.

2) How does a professional soccer player swing and miss that badly when the ball is at his feet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga clearly touched the ball first
    Why is it still a PK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Bradley, Delgado & Osorio man marked their midfield. It flummoxed LAFC completely as everything goes through that 3 & they have no width in the middle 3rd.

The goal is eye popping when you look back. Watch it on this video near the beginning.

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-cinche...lafc-1.1369675
    I didn’t find the defence as inspiring as the attack (although both are certainly related).

Both CB’s would setup into midfield. Everybody else from the fullbacks to the forwards played really fluidly and there were all sorts of overlaps and positional changes. We found width on both flanks and attacked through the middle. The ball moved really fast and there was all kinds of one touch passing and good runs off the ball. They finally found a way to play Osorio and Delgado on the field at the same time and get really good contributions out of both.

Too many positives to write in a short post

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Bull’s win 2-0, we are 5th... 1 point behind, 2 less wins and 1 less on goal differential