Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably one of the best games played in pretty much all aspects especially on defence. one moment of madness from Mavinga blew 2 points.
    against best team in the league away

I'd have gladly taken a point before the game, but it's so disappointing to give up a late equalizer again
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VAR of course equalizes in the 95th minute the whole system is a joke how many points has it robbed us. Why doesn’t it look at the obvious encroachment either????? What a joke. Pick and choose to use var whenever they want. If the game isn’t called perfectly why have it

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad about the PK, but the Impact lost so TFC is in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloody heartbreaking!

All that great work down the drain due to a moment of madness by Mavinga. This side always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot. I suppose you can’t complain when you give up trying to play and park the bus. By Pozeulo for Ciman Vanney blinked first, if we’d taken our chances in the first half and kept at them in the second we could have pulled off a big three points in the chase for third. Instead we panic and throw two points away.

Oh well, I guess it was some good practice for the MLS Cup Final
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 09-21-2019 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    It really suck the way it played out, but I'm happy with a draw.

Times two

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Nah. That was all Mavinga.
    Of course Mavinga screwed up. But I think he was all alone with two LAFC players. Shouldn't have been the case in that phase of the game. I'll check the replay when it's available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think it's safe to say we got screwed tonight. Thanks, MLS, you've had your way once again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I could be wrong but if you watch the slo mo replay again, the spin on the ball changes, indicating Mavings actually got the ball just slightly.
    You can argue however that Mavinga fouled him regardless. Blessing was still going to be steaming towards goal if Mavinga didn’t wipe him out.

It was a stupid challenge. TFC shouldn’t have any complaints about that one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take it. Disappointed in what could have been but that team put in the best performance of the year tonight.

Nobody has done that to LAFC this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we keep playing like that we’ll be contending.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They played well on the road against the best in the league and screwed themselves in the end - at our best we can play with anybody, but we just make too many dumb plays that cost us games repeatedly.

Now a home game is out of our hands and we need both DC and NYRB to give away points. Go Seattle and Philly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a frustrating result. Vanney won't care one bit, but I'm absolutely gutted.

The players put in a great effort tonight and deserved the 3 points. Besides Mavinga's mistake, the whole team was flawless. I hope this result doesn't demoralise them for the upcoming 2nd leg.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And.... Vanney out coached Bradley tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I literally turned the match off at 90 minutes plus 3 because I knew the MLS-fuckery was inevitable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    You can argue however that Mavinga fouled him regardless. Blessing was still going to be steaming towards goal if Mavinga didn’t wipe him out.
    L
    It was a stupid challenge. TFC shouldn’t have any complaints about that one.
    He chested the ball at full speed, and I don’t think you could argue he had control.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC didn’t go into that stupid defensive posture then maybe we wouldn’t have a tie. See how they perked up offensively as soon as it was tied up? I hate that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    VAR of course equalizes in the 95th minute the whole system is a joke how many points has it robbed us. Why doesn’t it look at the obvious encroachment either????? What a joke. Pick and choose to use var whenever they want. If the game isn’t called perfectly why have it
    Plus missing the obvious LAFC handball in their box early in the game, that should have been VAR & penalty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, so close to three points! If Mavinga wasn’t so reckless on that play, we could have got a win. Oh well. A draw was better than what I expected and we are in the playoffs.

The LAFC supporters section looks great. The stadium looks really nice.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That is the attitude that went to El Volcan & the Azteca - lets see if we can do this for 90 because it only takes 90 seconds for LAFC to step on your throat and push.
    We did it for 90.

Mavinga forgot about injury time. What a way for him to ruin another game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    They played well on the road against the best in the league and screwed themselves in the end - at our best we can play with anybody, but we just make too many dumb plays that cost us games repeatedly.

Now a home game is out of our hands and we need both DC and NYRB to give away points. Go Seattle and Philly!
    DC & NYRB play each other. Yes, they can get ahead of us. But if we win out, only 1 of them can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With you. Under VAR rules it was a clear PK in the first half. I loathe it. Particularly the armpit offsides in the Premier League. Completely arbitrary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Too bad about the PK, but the Impact lost so TFC is in the playoffs.
    Yes, but that PK likely cost us a home playoff game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve no complaints about the PK, but where the hell did Uncle get five minutes overtime from???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    What a frustrating result. Vanney won't care one bit, but I'm absolutely gutted.

The players put in a great effort tonight and deserved the 3 points. Besides Mavinga's mistake, the whole team was flawless. I hope this result doesn't demoralise them for the upcoming 2nd leg.
    Yeah, Vanney doesn't care at all. That's why he put in a solid line-up, and the team responds with their strongest game in 2 years. It's all Vanneys fault. Wish there's a way to mute these comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He chested the ball at full speed, and I don’t think you could argue he had control.
    He certainly had work to do.

The way i’ve seen the game called in recent years, if you get very little of the ball and take down the attacker you’ll get called for the foul.

I’d say that’s very clearly what happened here. Anything Mavinga did in the challenge did less to influence the play than taking down blessing did.

Seems consistent and fair to me. If one of our guys got taken down like that in the box like that and there was no foul i’d be roundly pissed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VAR is a great system for scripting games to the outcome you desire. whoever came up with it is a genius

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Yes, but that PK likely cost us a home playoff game.
    That team can beat anyone in this league away from home.
    If they keep playing that good.

We are the 1 team in this league with the institutional memory how to win away matches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    DC & NYRB play each other. Yes, they can get ahead of us. But if we win out, only 1 of them can.
    Yes. That still makes us 5th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not going to debate if or if it should not have been a penalty on Mavinga.
    It was called a penalty the game ended 1-1.

now lets assume this play never occurred and TFC hung on for the win.
    TFC went to LA on two days rest and beat the best team in the league.
    TFC is a very good team!! you could argue the best team in the league.
    how can in say tfc is the best team in the league?
    because TFC went to LA on two days rest and beat the best team in the league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    The LAFC supporters section looks great. The stadium looks really nice.
    Is that drone of noise really supporting your team though? Football ebbs and flows. To me the LA support are nothing but wannabe ultras with their monotonous chants from beginning to end, whether they’re winning or losing. It’s just a wall of noise, neither intimidating, nor supportive. For me it’ll never beat the rise in atmosphere after a good passage of play from your team. Singing the same song for half an hour, with a nice little choreographed dance, inst really getting behind your team. Some groans amidst the cheers lets the players know when they need to raise their game, just as a rise in the noise after a successful attack tells them they’re doing well.

The LA thing isn’t for me. Just another dark aspect of modern football