Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to see he's a One-Piece fan. Not sure what "pailladin" means in French. Is it something you say when your sick?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yup.

We looked like a team on 3 days rest playing a team on 4 days rest

or

we looked like a team playing its 4th game in 18 days against a team playing its 2nd

The travel on the weekend will even it out a bit.
    Well, certainly a bit of that.

My biggest observation was we struggled to move the ball through midfield the second they closed down Bradley. Once Pozuelo and Delgado were inserted into the game that opened things up. Didn’t think the front three we started was necessarily bad. Mullins for example had a heck of a hard time getting the ball. Difficult for him to be criticized when he’s not getting any opportunity.

We need to start thinking about this more. Especially in advance of next year when Bradley will be gone (in all likelihood).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well, certainly a bit of that.

My biggest observation was we struggled to move the ball through midfield the second they closed down Bradley. Once Pozuelo and Delgado were inserted into the game that opened things up. Didn’t think the front three we started was necessarily bad. Mullins for example had a heck of a hard time getting the ball. Difficult for him to be criticized when he’s not getting any opportunity.

We need to start thinking about this more. Especially in advance of next year when Bradley will be gone (in all likelihood).
    Dunfield was right when he said the front three are all too vertical. Gallardo and Shaff don’t cut inside so there was too much space between them and Mullens.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Interesting to see he's a One-Piece fan. Not sure what "pailladin" means in French. Is it something you say when your sick?
    Benezet is from Montpellier and played for their youth team. Their nickname is la Paillade, so he’s a pallaidin.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    It's a reference to Montpellier in French football.

Edit: I see Redpunkfiddle answered this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Dunfield was right when he said the front three are all too vertical. Gallardo and Shaff don’t cut inside so there was too much space between them and Mullens.
    Sure, they don’t find the pockets the same way Benezet or Pozuelo do for example. But I think regardless of whether they drifted inside or stayed linear the same problems would have occurred. 1v1 Gallardo and Shaffelburg both have the ability to be effective. The team never found them in those types of positions unfortunately.

The issue was the ball movement through the midfield. Bradley was blanketed (not much he can do). Osorio was too advanced. DeLeon couldn’t weight a good pass to save his life and doesn’t see the field well. Further to that Morrow’s passing range is limited. Moor and Ciman’s passing was decent. Not as good as Mavinga / Gonzalez, but good enough to keep the team running.

The only way the ball was getting to more advanced positions was when Laryea started to drift forward or walk into midfield taking advantage of an unbalanced Montreal defence that put several players in behind Bradley who was smart enough to switch the play when the defence collapsed around him.

But all-and-all DeLeon and Osorio need to provide better outlets and get the ball forward to our attackers. Those were the two primary culprits in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I seem to see this differently than others. We fielded a good competitive lineup - outside of the CB’s , everyone on the pitch were regular starters on this club. But we were slow moving the ball and couldn’t cope with Montreal’s energy early on. Schaff looked rusty, Mullins And Gallardo were not at their best. Oso and DeLeon only ok. Vanney either didn’t accept that making too many changes kills the rhythm or knew it but believed that worst case it would be 1-0.

I really want us to win. I loved our CCL run. But we disrespected the competition in Panama. Fate might conspire against us next week.
    thats it, too many changes

Osorio hasn't started in a while, cant expect him to be firing on all cylinders on his own with different players.

If shaff scored that one (with the great save), this home-away is a whole nother story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll cream them at BMO. Not worried at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    We'll cream them at BMO. Not worried at all.
    I like this confidence!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Piatti, Krkic and Urruti all staying home for Montreal for their match vs. LA Galaxy this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Piatti, Krkic and Urruti all staying home for Montreal for their match vs. LA Galaxy this weekend.
    Yup, they're pushing all their chips into this hand intent on winning the VC. I *really* hope TFC can win so the Impact will have no bright spots to focus on this year. Joey cheese must be getting desperate looking at his renewal numbers. Reminds me of what TFC used to do each year...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But they're life and death, mostly death, to make the playoffs. Could you imagine on here if we were in their spot with a few matches left and pulled this move?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're basically giving up on making the playoffs. That's a bad way to go about business for most fans.