Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we are playing in quicksand - no flow to our game....just don’t give up the second goal....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Looks like we are playing in quicksand - no flow to our game....just don’t give up the second goal....
    Even if we lose 1-0, we will have to score 3 at home because there is no way this defence doesn't give up a goal in that game.

We

Need

A

Goal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo's been our only bright spark this half. The rest are playing too sluggishly. They seem to have no confidence in themselves.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good shot stop by Bono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the point of bringing Delgado on for Shaff? The last thing we need to do is get narrower going forward.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    What's the point of bringing Delgado on for Shaff? The last thing we need to do is get narrower going forward.
    Change of formation. TFC is not going narrower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Change of formation. TFC is not going narrower.
    If Morrow pushes up and keeps providing the width, sure. It also looks like Oso's playing in that wide midfield role akin to Benezet. His influence has dwindled, but it's not like he did too much anyways. Most of our chances have come from Pozuelo's passes to Altidore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPALE View Post
    I hear ya. I just don’t understand how the final is still not on any major network. I can’t figure out how a half ass website/app was able to get these tv rights over tsn or even SN. I paid the 6 bucks or whatever it is for the day pass on the site and it’s not much but still don’t get it
    It used to be the law that TSN and Sportsnet has to televise this kind of event as part of their license. At some point they got let off

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you seen the way shaff was playing. Shit at that point anything was an upgrade. Him Moore Ciman Mullins just brutal tonight Shit whole team is just brutal tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Urruti is a bit of a prick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPALE View Post
    Have you seen the way shaff was playing. Shit at that point anything was an upgrade. Him Moore Ciman Mullins just brutal tonight Shit whole team is just brutal tonight
    Shaff didn't get too involved. Any time he was 1-on-1 against ZBG, he made life difficult for him. The whole team just played too slowly to really stretch Montréal.

Once again, I look at Vanney and how he sets us up away from home. We play with more fear than we do at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah, what a dumb yellow from Taïder. Now he's suspended for the 2nd leg.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that was a dumb card by Taider....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what? As terrible as we've been, at least the score was 1-0. We are still in contention with that scoreline.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ok with this result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a terrible result overall but we didn't exactly put our best foot forward today. The way we started the game Vanney made his players fit his formation rather than his formation fit his players.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again, I look at Vanney and how he sets us up away from home. We play with more fear than we do at home.
    There's a game in LA coming so he rotated somewhat. Any intelligent coach would do the same. Our problem is that our depth isn't good enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a 2+ goal win one way shape or form.

Could have, and probably should have, been worse - live to fight on but we have to fix the speed of play when its Moor & Ciman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not feeling too good about winning this. Tfc cant keep a clean sheet to save their life so they need to score 3 at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can score 3 at home vs. Montreal. I think we're okay here but I would rest the big boys against LAFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    We can score 3 at home vs. Montreal. I think we're okay here but I would rest the big boys against LAFC.
    No. No. No. What proves to be the most entertaining TFC game in the MLS season should not be treated like an exhibition match. We saw what happened last year when games were forfeited, and frankly, few moderate fans (like what I have become), don’t give a shit about the Voyaguers cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could have been worse. Montreal fielded a top lineup so Piatti went a full 90, Bojan went off injured, Taider is out on yellows. Still a job to do but will be a weaker Montreal squad trying to hold on to their advantage. Hoping Vanney concedes the LAFC game leaving the key players behind to rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    There's a game in LA coming so he rotated somewhat. Any intelligent coach would do the same. Our problem is that our depth isn't good enough.
    There's nothing wrong with the rotations. I definitely appreciate that. It's the attitude and application of the players that worried me, and this isn't a recent issue. I thought that our players were good enough to test Montréal and push them to their limits. We've seen them put in good performances before. Most of them also played together several times, so chemistry shouldn't have been an issue. The only real problem was the lack of a creative player, but that doesn't explain our terrible build up and nonexistent wing play in the first half. We didn't even use Mullins as a target man in the first half.

I hope we can see a better performance against LA with a full-strength side, but I'm not expecting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Could have been worse. Montreal fielded a top lineup so Piatti went a full 90, Bojan went off injured, Taider is out on yellows. Still a job to do but will be a weaker Montreal squad trying to hold on to their advantage. Hoping Vanney concedes the LAFC game leaving the key players behind to rest.
    This.
    Montreal just started their A-team versus our B-team. They've pretty much thrown away the LAG match and are going to be all-in come next Wednesday and play strict park-the-bus counter to go for a draw and the win. A Canadian Championship is the only thing that will salvage their season now, and you know Joey is going to be in their ear about that. Vanney is not going to rest the starters against LAFC, so expect our run of cups to end this year...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    This.
    Montreal just started their A-team versus our B-team. They've pretty much thrown away the LAG match and are going to be all-in come next Wednesday and play strict park-the-bus counter to go for a draw and the win. A Canadian Championship is the only thing that will salvage their season now, and you know Joey is going to be in their ear about that. Vanney is not going to rest the starters against LAFC, so expect our run of cups to end this year...
    He basically said in the post game today that we will have a full A team lineup in LA. I expect our A team to play both games having rested guys today. A weakened Montreal will definitely park the bus at BMO and hope for a lucky wonder strike from Piatti again to win them the title like you said. It won't be pretty and the longer we go without scoring we will see the time wasting stunts start to happen unless TFC score a couple early then Montreal will have no choice to break out of the park the bus strategy and try to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to see this differently than others. We fielded a good competitive lineup - outside of the CB’s , everyone on the pitch were regular starters on this club. But we were slow moving the ball and couldn’t cope with Montreal’s energy early on. Schaff looked rusty, Mullins And Gallardo were not at their best. Oso and DeLeon only ok. Vanney either didn’t accept that making too many changes kills the rhythm or knew it but believed that worst case it would be 1-0.

I really want us to win. I loved our CCL run. But we disrespected the competition in Panama. Fate might conspire against us next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The front 5 that started are all back-ups at this point. No wonder they didnt score.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I seem to see this differently than others. We fielded a good competitive lineup - outside of the CB’s , everyone on the pitch were regular starters on this club. But we were slow moving the ball and couldn’t cope with Montreal’s energy early on. ...
    Yup.

We looked like a team on 3 days rest playing a team on 4 days rest

or

we looked like a team playing its 4th game in 18 days against a team playing its 2nd

The travel on the weekend will even it out a bit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems Benezet is breeching the Toronto / Montreal divide