0 Thread(s)

anyone have the highlight of westberg faking the clearance on Kamara

even Kamara thought it was nice, his face was priceless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Which leads to the question - can Osorio be Bradley's spear carrier?
    We were talking about what to do with Oso last night, at the game, and the general consensus was that, as Poz was a panic buy to replace Seba, no one had really thought this through. Oso's skills make him essentially a back up to Poz in a 4-2-3-1 like they are playing. However, they could try a 4-1-3-2 with Poz and Jozy up front which would mean Oso could play in the centre of the 3. Otherwise, with actual wingers (and Benezet seems to be quality) Oso misses out unless he is seen as preferable to Marky as you suggest.

I wonder if you could play Oso and Marky? As a two person replacement for the general?

The other question is what to do with deLeon. He has been very impactful this year. Essentially you have Bradley playing superbly, Marky very well when he sticks to his knitting, Deleon, Poz, Oso, Endoh, and maybe Gallardo all earning minutes.

A second question we had was, what has happened to der Shaff? Vanney does have a blind spot for developing Canadians. Shaff surely has earned some minutes too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    We were talking about what to do with Oso last night, at the game, and the general consensus was that, as Poz was a panic buy to replace Seba, no one had really thought this through. Oso's skills make him essentially a back up to Poz in a 4-2-3-1 like they are playing. However, they could try a 4-1-3-2 with Poz and Jozy up front which would mean Oso could play in the centre of the 3. Otherwise, with actual wingers (and Benezet seems to be quality) Oso misses out unless he is seen as preferable to Marky as you suggest.

I wonder if you could play Oso and Marky? As a two person replacement for the general?

The other question is what to do with deLeon. He has been very impactful this year. Essentially you have Bradley playing superbly, Marky very well when he sticks to his knitting, Deleon, Poz, Oso, Endoh, and maybe Gallardo all earning minutes.

A second question we had was, what has happened to der Shaff? Vanney does have a blind spot for developing Canadians. Shaff surely has earned some minutes too.
    Still think marky is too one dimensional. Like u said, he needs to stick to his role. I would like to see Osorio i. Markys role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    anyone have the highlight of westberg faking the clearance on Kamara

even Kamara thought it was nice, his face was priceless
    A highlight would be great. Kamara gave Westberg a thumbs-up after the fake out.

TFC certainly like to keep the games interesting. It looked like it would be a cake walk going up 2-0 early, but some boneheaded errors and bad passing kept it a bit too close.

I was impressed by the Gallardo sub. Lots a pace down the wing, opening up the offense in in the second half.

Lastly, TFC's odd of making the playoff at at 99.3% now, which is great. Now it's just a matter of placing: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/TorontoFC.html.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney is playing his best 15 in the stretch. There's no way Shaff is part of that group. Don't worry, he'll have opportunities as long as he trains hard, just not in the next three league games or the playoffs. Probably in the Canadian Championship though. Also probably next spring when Vanney gives his depth players an opportunity again, leading to TFC losing again, and everyone calling for Vanney's head. Followed by Vanney playing his top 15 again and TFC winning again. That's the Vanney season cycle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What position do we need to host a playoff game?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro's passing is excellent, auro's defensive positioning is painful to watch.
    He seems slow to react, like he's carrying extra 20lbs but that seems to disappear on ofense.
    I think there's more to that. On multiple occasions, I saw Auro left alone in front of goal with two big attackers. I think sometimes Gonzalez & Mavinga let themselves get pulled too far to one side, and together, leaving the middle open. They even do that sometimes when there are already multiple other TFC players defending on the ball side (e.g. fullback + midfielders). One of the CBs has to stay more central; and/or midfielders have to help more on that side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    4th or better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4th.

The top team in the conference gets a bye in the first round.
    Home - Away
    2nd vs 7th
    3rd vs 6th
    4th vs 5th

If the playoffs started today.... https://www.mlssoccer.com/standings/scenarios
    Dates and all are here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The interesting bit is that this happens NBA style, they don't re-seed, so a lower ranked team can get a later round playoff game if there are upsets

One gets the 4/5 winner at home, but if teams 6 and 7 both win the opening round games, 6 hosts the semifinal against 7

It might be better to be 6th rather than 5th
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaff at 70plus minutes onward if Benezet is tired might be an option. defences would not be able to keep up with the shaff at that point in the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think there's more to that. On multiple occasions, I saw Auro left alone in front of goal with two big attackers. I think sometimes Gonzalez & Mavinga let themselves get pulled too far to one side, and together, leaving the middle open. They even do that sometimes when there are already multiple other TFC players defending on the ball side (e.g. fullback + midfielders). One of the CBs has to stay more central; and/or midfielders have to help more on that side.
    yah i saw that one, Auro pretty much had no chance in that situation.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My two main takeaways from yesterday's game:

1. Be sure to inspect pants before leaving house. I had an 8 inch rip straight down one ass cheek of my jeans. Fortunately, it was pointed out to me while still en route to game and managed to do a hasty purchase of new jeans at the Gap. Now I'm wondering how long that rip was there without me knowing. Maybe that's why a few of my students kept giggling during class the other day.

2. Those Pringles they've been giving away taste like shit. Don't they hire professionals taste people at these companies?

3. (Bonus takeaway)... good game. I got worried there for a bit, but they pulled through nicely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro's passing is excellent, auro's defensive positioning is painful to watch.
    He seems slow to react, like he's carrying extra 20lbs but that seems to disappear on ofense.

Anywho, we have an issue. Osorio is too good to not be starting. He communicates well and tracks back players, almost Bradley like. Plus, hes finally scoring and can be counted on to do so.
    Yes thank you. I’ve been harping on this since last year. Auro for me is a winger, not a fullback. He is a poor defender, but at times, a brilliant attacker (the play to set up Altidore, which he somehow hit the crossbar). For me, he’s a attacking RB sub when needing a goal. Laryea is my starting RB. Still needs to work on picking his spots to jump up, but boy can that guy beat the first man and create dangerous chances. Fast as hell too. If he starts/works on his shooting, I can see him scoring 5/7 goals a year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The interesting bit is that this happens NBA style, they don't re-seed, so a lower ranked team can get a later round playoff game if there are upsets

One gets the 4/5 winner at home, but if teams 6 and 7 both win the opening round games, 6 hosts the semifinal against 7

It might be better to be 6th rather than 5th
    I was wondering about the lack of reseeding as well. Really strange and takes away advantage for higher seed teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Yes thank you. I’ve been harping on this since last year. Auro for me is a winger, not a fullback. He is a poor defender, but at times, a brilliant attacker (the play to set up Altidore, which he somehow hit the crossbar). For me, he’s a attacking RB sub when needing a goal. Laryea is my starting RB. Still needs to work on picking his spots to jump up, but boy can that guy beat the first man and create dangerous chances. Fast as hell too. If he starts/works on his shooting, I can see him scoring 5/7 goals a year.
    Its funny i see it the other way around. Layrea is more of a winger to me due to his speed and dribbling. Auro is too slow to be a winger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Vanney is playing his best 15 in the stretch. There's no way Shaff is part of that group. Don't worry, he'll have opportunities as long as he trains hard, just not in the next three league games or the playoffs. Probably in the Canadian Championship though. Also probably next spring when Vanney gives his depth players an opportunity again, leading to TFC losing again, and everyone calling for Vanney's head. Followed by Vanney playing his top 15 again and TFC winning again. That's the Vanney season cycle.
    I like Vanney. I didn’t when he was hired, but I do. However, he does have blind spots and I think developing Canadian talent is one of them. Which is surprising, because developing young talent isn’t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Shaff at 70plus minutes onward if Benezet is tired might be an option. defences would not be able to keep up with the shaff at that point in the game
    Yes, exactly. Yes

The same role that I see Gallardo playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I was wondering about the lack of reseeding as well. Really strange and takes away advantage for higher seed teams.
    The NHL does this too by locking in either your division rivals/wild car vs division leaders. I like the re-seeding in each round as it gives the higher seed more advantages.

If the playoffs were today and TFC won the conference and and San Jose/Portland won the West, we'd host another MLS Cup! (Note: both the Quakes and Timbers have a game in hand, so that can change)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    My two main takeaways from yesterday's game:

1. Be sure to inspect pants before leaving house. I had an 8 inch rip straight down one ass cheek of my jeans. Fortunately, it was pointed out to me while still en route to game and managed to do a hasty purchase of new jeans at the Gap. Now I'm wondering how long that rip was there without me knowing. Maybe that's why a few of my students kept giggling during class the other day.

2. Those Pringles they've been giving away taste like shit. Don't they hire professionals taste people at these companies?

3. (Bonus takeaway)... good game. I got worried there for a bit, but they pulled through nicely.
    Ha!! Yeah those Pringles really did taste like shit. Yet I ate them.

How great was it seeing previous TFC heroes too? Heroes such as Jeremy Hall.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just looked through the posts and have not seen anyone really mention that nasty Altidore bull charge he did towards Abubakar. Thoughts on this? i was watching at home and kept rewinding and thought for sure he was going to get a red for it, he watched as the ball started to go up in the air but then immediately charged him without taking another look at the ball.
    if you want to see the play, as it is being reviewed.
    https://www.wakingthered.com/2019/9/...ble-suspension

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, exactly. Yes

The same role that I see Gallardo playing.
    I like using endoh to run them into the ground and gallarado to come on later 60 min.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha!! Yeah those Pringles really did taste like shit. Yet I ate them.

How great was it seeing previous TFC heroes too? Heroes such as Jeremy Hall.
    That made me laugh but Marvel Wynne was there so.....

Its nice to see the team try to bring back people and involve alumni a bit more.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I just looked through the posts and have not seen anyone really mention that nasty Altidore bull charge he did towards Abubakar. Thoughts on this? i was watching at home and kept rewinding and thought for sure he was going to get a red for it, he watched as the ball started to go up in the air but then immediately charged him without taking another look at the ball.
    Abubakar was hacking away at jozy all game. How he didn't get a second yellow is beyond me.

Jozy's tackle was obviously blatant revenge. Ref ended up keeping it fair with neither getting sent off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Abubakar was hacking away at jozy all game. How he didn't get a second yellow is beyond me.

Jozy's tackle was obviously blatant revenge. Ref ended up keeping it fair with neither getting sent off.

Agreed, Abubakar definitely deserved a second yellow on more than one occasion.
    The ref let this game get away from him - and shit like this happens when refs fail.

In fairness though, Jozy needs to keep a more level head, regardless of how frustrated he is - if Abubakar fell differently he could have been seriously injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laryea has been great. For someone who never played the position before this year he’s learning quickly. Even seeing his defensive positioning now vs. 10 games ago is a drastic improvement.

He just needs to convert on some of those chances on the box or get a few more penalty calls. But even if that never happens i’m pretty comfortable with these performances. He’s giving teams fits on the right side.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more interesting tackle was the chop down by Mavinga just after Laryea got pushed down in the box.

Gonzalez and a few others gave him a hand slap for that one - reeked of "Not in OUR House"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    he was being hacked all game. Abubakar deserved a red 3 or 4 times by that point. At points in the game, Abubakar would could kicking Jozy's ankles acting like he was going for the ball. Altidore knew the ref would not hand out a red in this game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Laryea has been great. For someone who never played the position before this year he’s learning quickly. Even seeing his defensive positioning now vs. 10 games ago is a drastic improvement.

He just needs to convert on some of those chances on the box or get a few more penalty calls. But even if that never happens i’m pretty comfortable with these performances. He’s giving teams fits on the right side.
    i not sure he will ever have a good finish, hence hes at RB. just gotta work on getting those crosses in