Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Youtube highlights are annoying. Couldn't watch this game much, come here and see a bunch of posts about all our chances, but the highlight package only has our penalties basically. Sigh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Telfer has the pace of gallardo and can find the back of the net these days.
    doesn't he play on the other side?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Anybody else here yelling at the tv last night for endoh to shoot
    for sure, even on the PK. the pass was a poor and riskier than shooting

but for TAM money, gollardo doesn't offer much more than endoh. Endoh was finding himself a tonne of space with that little engine of his

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    doesn't he play on the other side?
    Telfer has played all over the field for york9 this year. Left wing right wing even as a 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    for sure, even on the PK. the pass was a poor and riskier than shooting

but for TAM money, gollardo doesn't offer much more than endoh. Endoh was finding himself a tonne of space with that little engine of his
    Endoh was excellent. Am happy for him. He has siezed his chances with both hands. Or feet really...
    Last edited by MightyDM; 09-12-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure where all this Auro hate is coming from. I thought he had a pretty decent game last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Not sure where all this Auro hate is coming from. I thought he had a pretty decent game last night.
    Auro's one of those guys that I hope is in the side for the next 3 years at least

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Im on your side. Plus it has to be hard to play left back as a right footed player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't be so soon to write off Gallardo. Young guy, new country, new language, new league, new culture, etc. Some players take that first half season to acclimate. I also look forward to seeing a fully off season rested Pozo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Wouldn't be so soon to write off Gallardo. Young guy, new country, new language, new league, new culture, etc. Some players take that first half season to acclimate. I also look forward to seeing a fully off season rested Pozo.
    To be fair dmhe didnt exactly light up the Venezuela league either but i will give him another year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf? Auro and delgado were good. Benezet should have scored. Endoh way too high. Gallardo was the worst tfc player today.
    What? Endoh was good when he came on he was finding space and creating open lanes and shooting opportunities for his teammates. Benezet was also good at bringing up the ball and beating defenders one on one and was very lively but he did miss a few good chances. Auro and Delgado had the most turnovers on the team, not sure what game you're watching

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benezet slaloming around the midfield. If he ever improves his shooting accuracy he'll have a long career here.

Endoh needs to be more confident in taking shots. I know Vanney has seemingly drilled into these guys that every wing play needs a cross or hold up, but sometimes just cut in and put your laces through it. Hell he had a nice curler at one point as well.

You can tell that Poz had played close to 70 games. Man needs an offseason.

Lots of missed chances but we are looking better overall compared to how we looked just a few months ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    MLS Youtube highlights are annoying. Couldn't watch this game much, come here and see a bunch of posts about all our chances, but the highlight package only has our penalties basically. Sigh.
    I very much agree. I wanted to show my wife the highlights after the game, and I couldn't believe how little they showed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly and bez brought in ciman the worst signing this offseason before he bolted. Curtis has been good so far maybe the only bad signing do far has been gallardo.
    Even then it's too soon to say that Gallardo has been a bad signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't watched the replay to see what it looked like on TV but I was there and we dominated that game. The result was shit with the missed chances for sure but the way those chances were created was brilliant.

We just took the top team on our side of the draw and took them to the woodshed in their own pathetic house (F&$# that field is terrible for footy). Unfortunately we didn't take all the points.

I was hoping for a good game after the Cincinatti adventure and they didn't drop. Just wish there was a tonne more accuracy on those shots.......so damn close.

Bradley was imperious. Blocking runs off the play and sorting out attacks before they started. The people behind me were quite upset at how well he was playing.

Oh, and man those NYCFC fans have been practicing their V - A - R chant. loudest they were all night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    Haven't watched the replay to see what it looked like on TV but I was there and we dominated that game. The result was shit with the missed chances for sure but the way those chances were created was brilliant.

We just took the top team on our side of the draw and took them to the woodshed in their own pathetic house (F&$# that field is terrible for footy). Unfortunately we didn't take all the points.

I was hoping for a good game after the Cincinatti adventure and they didn't drop. Just wish there was a tonne more accuracy on those shots.......so damn close.

Bradley was imperious. Blocking runs off the play and sorting out attacks before they started. The people behind me were quite upset at how well he was playing.

Oh, and man those NYCFC fans have been practicing their V - A - R chant. loudest they were all night.
    I was at the game as well. Here are my take aways;

1. Each team had one decent shot on goal. NYCFC’s went off the post and TFC’s was saved by Johnson. All the other shots were weak, wide or totally predictable and easy to defend. Mostly the teams brought the ball 3/4 of the way up the field and then lost the plot.

2. There would have been no scoring without the help of the referee.

3. I know the NYCFC fans wanted a VAR at the end of the game but they kept shouting V-A-Oar. So maybe that’s why it wasn’t reviewed.

4. Yankee Stadium is a great sports venue. It’s not ideal for soccer but it’s also not as bad as it seems on tv. Maybe the low attendance helped but I never had to stand in line for more than a minute or two and there were no washroom line-ups after the game.

5. They allowed fans to bring in bottled water as long as it was unopened! I doubt anyone from BMO Field will read this but I wish they would do this in Toronto. An unopened bottle of water poses no threat to anyone (apart from the guy wanting to sell one bottle for more than I usually pay for 40).

6. After the game NYCFC players signed the game balls and kicked them into the crowd - mostly towards the supporters groups. What a great way to connect to fans and show some love in the other direction.

Overall I thought the game was disappointing but I’m happy with the result. I was more pleasantly surprised by the stadium and the way fans were treated. I strongly recommend a road trip to anyone who is thinking about a trip to NYC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC John View Post
    I was at the game as well. Here are my take aways;

1. Each team had one decent shot on goal. NYCFC’s went off the post and TFC’s was saved by Johnson. All the other shots were weak, wide or totally predictable and easy to defend. Mostly the teams brought the ball 3/4 of the way up the field and then lost the plot.

2. There would have been no scoring without the help of the referee.

3. I know the NYCFC fans wanted a VAR at the end of the game but they kept shouting V-A-Oar. So maybe that’s why it wasn’t reviewed.

4. Yankee Stadium is a great sports venue. It’s not ideal for soccer but it’s also not as bad as it seems on tv. Maybe the low attendance helped but I never had to stand in line for more than a minute or two and there were no washroom line-ups after the game.

5. They allowed fans to bring in bottled water as long as it was unopened! I doubt anyone from BMO Field will read this but I wish they would do this in Toronto. An unopened bottle of water poses no threat to anyone (apart from the guy wanting to sell one bottle for more than I usually pay for 40).

6. After the game NYCFC players signed the game balls and kicked them into the crowd - mostly towards the supporters groups. What a great way to connect to fans and show some love in the other direction.

Overall I thought the game was disappointing but I’m happy with the result. I was more pleasantly surprised by the stadium and the way fans were treated. I strongly recommend a road trip to anyone who is thinking about a trip to NYC.
    We were there for the 5-0. It was great from that perspective. Although the tiny field
    is still weird and produces a kind of frenetic game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#5 I believe you can bring unopened water into bmo